Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Taapsee P wishes to do Sushma Swaraj Biopic, shares childhood memories

awesomegurti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Taapsee Pannu wishes to do Sushma Swaraj Biopic, shares childhood memories!

Former External Affairs Minister and senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj passed away on August 6...

The entire country mourned the sudden demise of former Minister of External Affairs and senior Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj on August 6. The veteran leader, 67 years old, was admitted to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi on Tuesday night, where she passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest. Along with political personalities, Bollywood celebrities too offered their condolences to the unfortunate incident.

(Also Read- Sushma Swaraj Passes Away: Sudden Demise Shocks everyone )

Taapsee Pannu, who is busy promoting her upcoming film Mission Mangal also expressed her grief towards Sushma Swaraj’s death. The 32-year-old actress also revealed that she would love to do the radiant leader’s biopic if a film is ever made on the politician.

In an interview with Navbharat Times, Taapsee said, "Parde par Sushma ji ko agar jeene ka mauka milega, toh kabhi nahin chhodungi. Itni mahaan aur behtareen neta ki biopic kaun nahin karna chahega?(If I get the opportunity to play Sushma ji on the big screen, then I won't leave it. Who wouldn't want to do a biopic on such a great leader?)"

Taapsee further recalled her childhood memories of listening to Sushma Swaraj's speeches, Taapsee added, "Jab main school mein padhti thi aur TV par Sushma ji ka bhaashan sunti thi, to ruk jaati thi. Ek neta aur behtareen insaan ke taur par main Sushma ji ki fan hoon aur humesh rahoongi. (When I used to study in school, I used to stop to hear Sushma ji's speeches on television. She was a good human being and great politician. I am her fan and will always be)"

The Badla actress is noted for her peculiar film choices and the characters she plays on the screen. Having done films like Pink and Mulk in the recent past, she is known to take up projects packed with a social message, promising a worthwhile experience.

Talking of the late politician, Sushma Swaraj was cremated with full state honors at the Lodhi Road crematorium, New Delhi on August 7. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP President Amit Shah, former Member of Parliament LK Advani and many other politicians were present at the venue.

Mission Mangal also stars Akshay Kumar, Nithya Menen, Sonakshi Sinha, Vidya Balan, Sharman Joshi, and Kirti Kulhari. It is set to hit the screens on August 15, 2019. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Trisolaris thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Idk, seems kinda insensitive to say this so soon. 

Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Oh god it's not even a week n she is already lobbying for biopic huh.. I jus dislike ponnu.. 

Bollywood is so opportunistic  and a pseudo like u should be the last choice to  play sushma! Because you are not good enough to play legend like sushma ji. This woman is so insensitive.  What a bit*h. 

I hope her family dont agree for it

Edited by Ronaldo_fan - 4 years ago
reddy123456 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Ronaldo_fan

Bollywood is so opportunistic  and a pseudo like u should be the last choice to  play sushma! Because you are not good enough to play legend like sushma ji. This woman is so insensitive.  What a bit*h. 

I hope her family dont agree for it

Exactly, A pseudo-Liberal playing Sushma Swaraj will be blasphemy, Tapsee Pannu is very opportunistic as she knows it will be very strong female lead film and will do decent box office too.