Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum

The Workaholic(s) - RoNakshi OS

basket_101 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Hello my lovelies!
It's Hinal again and I am back with another OS. This one is quite longer than the other two stories I've posted, though that really was unintentional. I just had a lot to write this time around I guess.

Anywho, I hope you guys enjoy reading this one as well! Don't forget to let me know of your thoughts and/or criticism!
Enjoyy!

The Workaholic(s)

I unlocked the door and came in, throwing away my coat and bag off to the side - that was tomorrow's problem - and crashed on the couch. The intention was to stay up until Sonakshi came home, but I must have knocked out right away because the moment my eyes opened, I realized it was to my 7am alarm.

I headed to the kitchen to grab a glass of water and saw Sonakshi's mug in the sink. I rushed to the room - she left already? Wait, when did she even come home?

I quickly dialled her number - mainly to confirm what I already knew.

"Hey, when did you leave?" I meant to wish her a good morning, but the question escaped me before I could even think of stopping myself.

"Good morning to you too!" she replied with a laugh, probably well aware of my thoughts. "We have a long day ahead with multiple morning scenes, so I left home at around 6. I didn't have a chance to make you breakfast though, sorry about that!"

I smiled which quickly turned into a frown though, "Okay first things first, you don't need to apologize for that! You came home later than me and left earlier than me. I'd be more mad if you did make me breakfast."

Her throaty laugh echoed over the phone again; "But more importantly, how are you going to survive the day without breakfast? How many times have I told you, breakfast is really important. Especially for your hectic lifestyle! You're not actually a devi, you know that right!"

I could just see her rolling her eyes at me in response.

"Rohit relax! I'll order something in a while, don't worry. I had coffee in the morning so that should last me for a bit at least. Anyway I have to go, I'll talk to you later. Have a great day! Love you!"

"Love you too Sonakshi. Don't forget to eat something okay?"

"I will! Now byeee," she said before hanging up.

Before we started living together, I'd always fear for her health - I had been certain that she was bound to be diagnosed with fatigue. But to my surprise, she really was a devi when it came to handling an immense workload. Regardless, I absolutely loathed that her mother took on so many contractual events for Sonakshi on top of her regular show, knowing very well that she was already working herself to the bone.

Thankfully, once we got married and we moved to our own apartment, I asked her to lay low with her other commitments so she could get some rest. I didn't have to convince her at all to be honest considering she never wanted to do the other promotional events but only did it because her mother signed them on without consulting her. And of course, there was no way Sonakshi would ever stand up to her mother for that; or for any other matter really.

I shook off these thoughts and headed over to the kitchen to make oatmeal for breakfast, accompanied with a cup of black coffee.

Following breakfast, I dragged myself to take a shower in an effort to wake myself up and then left for the hospital for a consultation meeting.

---

It was late in the evening now, and my shift was about to end but I still hadn't heard from Sonakshi. I stopped by a coffee shop and picked up two black dark roasted coffees, just as we both liked it.

I figured she'd still be on set considering she hadn't messaged yet. And so I drove towards her set to drop off the coffee, and maybe even pick her up if she was close to finishing.

As soon as I entered, I took a moment to adjust to the swarm of people that was hovering everywhere and anywhere. Thankfully I knew where Sonakshi's vanity was, and so I quickly made my way through the crowd and decided to wait there.

Pulling out my laptop, I began to read through an article my colleagues had recently published when Sonakshi's assistant walked in.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't know you were in here!" she gasped.

I smiled, "It's alright!" I won't lie, this conversation has gone awry before - when I didn't really have the patience for all this waiting (which would probably explain her reaction). But, luckily for her, I seem to have adapted well to the showbiz spectacle, as Sonakshi liked to call it.

"Oh no don't worry about it. I'm just waiting for her."

"I'll let her know when she's on her break!"

"Thanks!" I smiled at her and resumed reading as she left with whatever she came in to get.

Shortly after, Sonakshi walked in. "Roohitttt, you should have told me you were coming! I just sat there in my earlier break because I was too lazy to walk all the way here," she said, whining like a child.

I put my laptop on her dressing table and pulled her over, smiling at her complaints. She sat on my lap and I kissed her hair; "Busy day?" I asked, hugging her tight.

"Uggh, you have no idea!," she stretched out her neck before falling back on me.

I placed her coffee tumbler in front of her, which she excitedly grabbed. She thanked me with a kiss, though (let me be clear) not until after taking her first sip.

I massaged her back a little as she told me more about how she had to cry so much in the scenes today. I had no idea why people watched such stuff to be honest, but I also knew how sincere Sonakshi was as Parvati. As much as I hated it, I did try to catch a couple of episodes here and there just to watch her doing what she loved. It wasn't entirely bad, but any time there was a hospital scene, I absolutely had to turn it off. She thought I was being silly and it made her laugh, but the liberty showmakers took with their hospital-related plots was nonsensical and preposterous.

"So are you almost done?" I asked - changing the topic - very well aware of her tiredness.

"No, not really. We had an ensemble cast today because of the wedding sequence, and so now we have to do all the close up shots."

"I have no idea how you do all this honestly!"

She smiled at me, "I think the same of you when you work your long non-stop shifts you know. At least I can take breaks when we aren't filming my scenes."

I laughed, of course this would be her answer. "Okay let's not get into this. There won't be any winner in the argument anyway," I said, to which she agreed.

"Anyway, I guess I'll head home then. I'll make dinner tonight so you can come home, eat, and then sleep!"

She kissed my cheek, "I love you," she whispered.

"I love you more," I said as I put the chocolate chip muffin that I had picked up from the coffee shop in front of her.

Her eyes widened, "I love you so much more now!" she laughed as she grabbed it from me. I kissed her and proceeded to head out. As I was shutting the door behind me, I caught a glance of her devouring the muffin.

I smiled; I loved her so much.

Edited by basket_101 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Redrose1208 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Beautiful OS once again... 

Please keep at it.... These are our only survival for the moment.... 

haribol79 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

That's lovely OS...hope this is sometimes comes in Show also...soon..😀

Sushma_Reddy thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Its an beautiful OS 👏👏

sosweetsumi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

aww these two my heart melts for them.

TunesOfHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

This was such a damn cute os! 

Loved it and hope this happens too in the show♥😍

basket_101 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Redrose1208

Beautiful OS once again... 

Please keep at it.... These are our only survival for the moment.... 

Awwh, thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed reading it!

I will definitely try to come up with another one soon!

basket_101 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: haribol79

That's lovely OS...hope this is sometimes comes in Show also...soon..😀

Thanks a lot for the compliment!! I really hope we get to see something of this sort too - especially where they are living alone, or at least where Sonakshi is living without her mother 😆

basket_101 thumbnail

Awwh thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed reading this OS!! :)

basket_101 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: TunesOfHeart

This was such a damn cute os! 

Loved it and hope this happens too in the show♥😍

It's really rewarding to get such a compliment - thank you so much!! 🤗

I'm glad you enjoyed this one as well! I'd definitely love to see such things in the show as well; it'd be such a blessing