Making Amends - RoNakshi OS

Posted: 4 years ago

Hello everyone, it's Hinal again!
I'm back with another OS with a similar concept as the last one I posted. I received many positive reviews for the previous one so I'm hopeful that you will enjoy this one just as much if not more.

So enjoy and please do let me know your views/comments. They're greatly appreciated!
And as usual, if you have any ideas or any scenarios you'd like me to write out, I'd love to hear those as well!

PS. I clearly love and use Sticky Notes way too much. I promise I'm not receiving any monetary compensation to include it in my stories 😆

Making Amends

I was waiting in Rohit's office so we could go to dinner together. We were supposed to meet at the restaurant itself, but I finished my shoot early and so I asked Shankar to drop me at the hospital.

It was only a few minutes of waiting, as he soon joined me.

"Oh hey, I wasn't expecting to see you here!," he said as he kissed my forehead.

"Yea actually we didn't have a lot of scenes to shoot today so we were able to finish early. Are you free now or is there anything else you have to take care of?"

He looked around, frowning a bit. Don't tell him I told you this, but I think he looks soo cute when he frowns. "I think I'll need to stay for an hour or so at least. There's a patient in post-op who seems to be at risk of wound infection. I'm sorry!," he sheepishly glanced at me.

I smiled, "It's okay, I'm early anyway. I'll just wait in your office! Take all the time you need!"

"Thank you!!," he hugged me before grabbing his files and leaving me alone in the office once again.

--

I had been waiting for the past two hours. I should have just gone home and made dinner. I don't think we'll be able to go out, nor would our reservation hold up for another hour!

I hushed my thoughts as Rohit came in, looking weary and tired.

"Hey, you okay?"

He stretched his neck, stifled a yawn, and took a deep breath; "Yea, it's just been a rough day. Listen Sonakshi, I don't think we can do this tonight. Maybe ask one of your friends if they can join you for dinner? I'll just grab something in the cafeteria once everything is sorted. But it looks like I'm going to need to stay."

I sighed but I knew there was nothing that could be done. His work was just as important, if not more at times, as these dinner dates. "Of course, that's fine. I'll let you be then."

It would be a lie if I said these things didn't bother me. I hated every time he had to stay back, or work non-stop hours, or rush to the hospital for an emergency on an off-day. But I'd also be lying if I said it made me love him less. We fought a lot, especially in the beginning, and actually we do so even now. But I loved him and all these things that I married along with him. And he was well aware of the erratic demands of my profession as well. So despite the fights and arguments, we never went to bed angry because we just knew how important our careers were to us.

Needless to say, it was easier for our scheduling demands to put a strain on our relationship which was why we began planning little things like dinner dates.

But what do you do when even these things don't work out?

To be completely honest, I wanted to leave without hugging him or kissing him a goodbye - something we always did. But as soon as that thought crossed my mind, I waved it off. This wasn't going to turn into a fight - I was mature enough to comprehend that this was not his fault.

And so I hugged him tight, staying there a little longer than I'd like to admit, and kissed him; "See you at home! I love you!"

"I'm sorry Sonakshi! I love you too!"

I smiled, "Don't apologize, I know work is important. Make sure to eat something okay?"

--

I woke up with his arms wrapped tightly around me. A warm feeling engulfed me as I kissed his forehead and got out of bed. Waking up every morning next to him made my heart flutter every single time. I loved him so much that the little things didn't even matter as much anymore. It was definitely all worth it!

I took a quick shower and headed to the kitchen to make some breakfast for myself before I left for work.

Not wanting to make anything at 5am in the morning, I hurriedly decided to just have some cereal. I grabbed my not-so-favourite, yet my go-to, oat bran flakes and milk, when my eyes laid on my mason jar. I hadn't prepared anything last night, so what's this? I thought to myself before pulling it out and setting it on the counter.

Opening the jar, a fresh aroma of hazelnut overtook my senses; overnight oats with a dollop of peanut butter and crushed walnuts, almonds, and hazelnuts mixed on the surface.

As I went to grab a spoon, I noticed a little note penned by my very own. "Thought I'd prep something special for you to make up for yesterday's disappointment!"

I smiled - this was my favourite breakfast. I quietly snuck in our room, kissed his cheek, and grabbed a sticky; "Thanks for the breakfast Rohit! I love you!" I wrote, leaving it on our fridge for him to see.

How could I ever possibly be mad at someone like him?

Edited by basket_101 - 4 years ago

Such a cute and adorable is! 

Absolutely loved it!!! 

Craving for more now after reading this! ❤😍

Amazing os.. It is simple yet so heart touching.. 

Lovely.

I hope the writers on our forum keep us going till the show gets back on track. But with so much melodrama, I wonder if it ever will. I hope they change the writers of the show.

Originally posted by TunesOfHeart

Such a cute and adorable is! 

Absolutely loved it!!! 

Craving for more now after reading this! ❤😍

Thank you soo much!! I really enjoyed writing this one because it was so simple, but yet it made me smile throughout as I wrote it too. So I'm glad that feeling carried on to the readers as well!

The possibility of such scenes with RoNakshi is really the only saving grace for me right now.

Originally posted by smile10000

Amazing os.. It is simple yet so heart touching.. 

Awwh thank you so much! I'm really glad that you enjoyed reading it!

Originally posted by togepe30

Lovely.

I hope the writers on our forum keep us going till the show gets back on track. But with so much melodrama, I wonder if it ever will. I hope they change the writers of the show.

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I hope so too - which is why I'm also joining the other writers to make this a little more bearable :P
Ugh honestly. To think they made fun of the illogical things shown on tv in the beginning only to use the same kind of plot here. They lured us in with those things and have now resorted to their typical selves 🤔

This was so cute and adorable! I could actually imagine the scenes.
Very well written. 

Such a subtle and smooth story😍...Really liked it. I like your writing style a lot, it's so real without any OTT scenario. Do write more please🤗

P.S. Maybe because of you I may start loving sticky notes😂

Another beautiful OS...you penned down their daily super busy routine in such a realistic way and how they stand for each other as usual and their love and bond keep on growing and strenghtening.  Love this OS too ...hearttouching👏❤️

Looking forward to another one😳