JW Marriot slapped with a fine for overcharging Rahul Bose for bananas

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

It was just a while ago when social media users woke up to something unusual and surprising news. Rahul Bose, on Twitter, shared an incident when he was recently charged Rs. 442 for just two bananas. The actor had placed an order for the fruit at the luxury hotel chain JW Marriott in Chandigarh and got a shock when they sent him a bill. Now, as an impact of the tweet by Rahul, the hotel has landed into a bit of trouble. As per a tweet by ANI, JW Marriott has been levied a fine worth Rs 25,000 by Excise and Taxation Department of the state for a violation of Section 11 of CGST (illegal collection of tax on an exempted item). 

"Fine of Rs 25,000 imposed on hotel JW Marriott by Excise and Taxation Department, Chandigarh for violation of section 11 of CGST (illegal collection of tax on an exempted item) in connection with actor Rahul Bose's tweet over the price of two bananas served to him by the hotel," the tweet from ANI read. The fine was imposed after the authorities failed to give a satisfactory reply on a show-cause notice served over the issue.

Taking the matter into consideration, the Deputy Commissioner of Chandigarh Mandip Singh Brar has ordered a probe into it. "Taking cognizance of the video and bill posted by the actor, I have ordered an investigation. I have directed Assistant Excise and Taxation Commissioner (AETC) Rajeev Chaudhary to conduct a thorough probe on how the hotel had charged GST on fresh fruits. Strict action will be taken if found guilty," Mandeep told during an interview with a leading daily

Lol..marriot Chandigarh is so expensive.  We three frnds had bday party there bcoz our exes wanted it there

and one of worse decisions ever. 🥺

Originally posted by Ronaldo_fan

Lol..marriot Chandigarh is so expensive.  We three frnds had bday party there bcoz our exes wanted it there

Good for u n ur frnds, all are exes nw😆

Originally posted by Stark_Wolf

Good for u n ur frnds, all are exes nw😆

Thats is why i regret it now. I was love sick puppy back then bco at that time having a gf was big deal during college days lol  but now i rather have gurls spend money on me🤣

Edited by Ronaldo_fan - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Ronaldo_fan

Paisewaale log.

Lol we were saving for months...🤣But girls make guys go blind actually despo guys😆it hurts till to this day

Hum boys ka kya hai. Khud hi chicken bana lete hai and beer le aate hai.1000rs mein hum boys ki party ho jaati hai ache se🤣

Edited by Ronaldo_fan - 4 years ago

marriot wale apne notice board mein ye line lagana padega. "do kele ki keemat tum kya jano manager babu"

I never imagined two bananas would cost Rs.25,000 in Indiasmiley36

And the fine is still on illegal collection of tax and not on the price of bananas they charged. Lol.👏