Sufiyana Pyaar Mera

Digging up the past!

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM ~My Musings 25.7.19~ Digging up the past

The pick axe is a strong symbol used in the episode. The whole scene is mysterious and judgemental. I was sure since Kainat led her sister away from her marriage she will surely hack Saltanat and dupe herself as the bride in place of Saltanat. But nothing of the sort happens, instead Kainat digs up childhood experiences so the sisters can fathom how deep rooted their bond as sisters is. Digging up Saltanat’s doll and returning it to her, is like a confessional statement for Saltanat from Kainat. The FB of burying her sisters doll to spite her is something quite common between siblings and cousins. Saltanat’s doll for Kainat, is the pretty, much wanted child as compared to herself. Saltanat’s doll always triggered off jealousy, envy of Saltanat and everything that Kainat was not! that’s why, years ago she buried it! out of sight! But Saltanat as perfect! is still not out of Kainat’s  mind!

Now Saltanat has a near enough tiff with Zaroon when she defends her sister, that Kainat  has changed. Looking at how the opening scene unfolds.Kainat plays upon the existing discord between Zaroon and Saltanat about whether Kainat has a change of heart and mind or not?  In fact, what Zaroon sees as some sinister plan of Kainat to harm Saltanat,  Saltanat dismisses his behaviour as being paranoid. Kainat tries to bond with her real sister, but Zaroon sounds off negatively, to keep them apart. He queries the venue? But is put in his place when Saltanat tells him. Kainat brought her to this specific place because it  was their yester years,favourite childhood haunt! Zaroon fails to understand that the doll , connects both the sisters. However the glass globe will  be a chilling reminder  for Zaroon of how he messed up Kainat’s life!

Kainat’s incident will always plague Zaroon, evident in the way he forcefully pushes her out of his and Saltanat’s equation! His focus is on how he can keep Kainat away from Saltanat, who cannot see past the  fact that Kainat is not a cousin, but her real sister..

Still the smashed glass globe makes no difference to Kainat .His  crude rejection of her in turn, makes her accept and latch on to her dream of marrying Zaroon!  stronger than ever before. His hatred towards her, invariably produces a reverse reaction in her. She only reads as love. The pick axe is symbolic of loosening and smashing Zaroon’s hard ,stony heart  for her.. she can dream..

The marriage goes ahead. I expected Kainat to have swapped places with her sister. Even  Saltanat’s giggle makes me wonder if the bride is Kainat? For without a doubt like Zaroon , I too expected duplicity and trickery from Kainat. That she was missing during the ceremony was another clue to her foul play..

But much to my surprise the level of Kainat’s mental illness becomes evident to me. Dressed in a duplicate bridal dress as Saltanat. Both Saltanat in public and Kainat in the dark inner recesses of her room, utter the marriage vows. Saltanat vows outside before god and Zaroon.. Kainat takes her vows before a mannequin with a Zaroon face.. she congratulates herself as Zaroon Shah’s wedded wife. Kainat has probably reformed, as she promised her mother she would let Saltanat’s marriage  happen without any hitch from her side. Kainat giggles. Now what’s to stop her from marrying Zaroon in her own private world where her dreams and wishes come true ?

Looks like Zaroon is lumbered with two brides.  One of his choice and the other  a reject piece who  doesn’t stand a chance, as far as validity of marriage is concerned.

It’s all in Kainat's mind. The mind has the power to mend a broken heart and make dreams turn to reality!

Have to say writers sure played with viewers, judgements, predictions and speculations.That some how Saltanat/ Zaroon marriage will be tampered with.. well Kainat is ill without a doubt. What  a pity! Saltanat gets Zaroon ,while Kainat has to comfort and console herself with his mannequin. Kainat strikes the hard surface of childhood memories with the pick axe of her infirm mind! This time Saltanat’s doll.. Zaroon lies buried in her heart.

No one misses her, not even her own mother.. out of the two born of Zainab’s womb, Saltanat was and is the most sought after, much loved one! While Kainat she was and is always just there, being bog standard , ordinary in every way compared to her younger twin..

But what do you know! Kainat the older sister  is not going to be left behind in taking marriage vows  very much like her younger sister !

Yet Kainat is true to herself. Her vows are more to do with Zaroon accepting her in the alliance of marriage. If Zaroon and Saltanat’s time has come, then Zainab’s older twin Kainat also fulfils her dream of becoming  Zaroon’s wife.

Precap: Mamoon is the only one present  who is unhappy with the outcome. To him  Kainat gave him false hopes.. now he is the only one who will end this marriage before it begins!  

Thanks  Lonelythots, Irshita and diamond for supporting my musings .love hammie

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Diamond988 thumbnail

Helly shah's portrait of a mentally ill Kai should be truly appreciated, 

now if kai's this ill, how does miajaan accept smone to officially marry her and take the big throne,  

Lonelythots thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Hello Hammie, 

Kainaat is clearly ill and she needs medical intervention. What will it take for Sultanat and Zainab to realise this? Am honestly waiting for the day kainaat’s truth gets exposed. 

I clearly haven’t invested any of my emotions in Saroon- their journey and their coming together.  But I still think their marriage and the ceremonies could’ve been executed better. After all they are the Sufiyana couple of the show and their union should have portrayed that. 

Mamoon😂 - he quite does not know he has joined hands with a crazy female. Foolish man he seems to be.. 

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by Diamond988

helloo Diamond, good to see you

Helly shah's portrait of a mentally ill Kai should be truly appreciated, 

yes without a  doubt she is very good.. see mental illnesses  are complex, mild, moderate to severe  Helly's very disciplined  as Kainat.. had she been more ,would have looked trying and perhaps OTT.. she's subtle.. which appears  credible..

now if kai's this ill, how does miajaan accept smone to officially marry her and take the big throne,  

thing is apart from Saltanat, Zainab and maybe Sabina too, no one else is aware that Kainat has mental health issues.. but as you point out rightly, Mainjaan will have to revise his decisions..

thanks for an interesting comment Diamond, love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by  Lonelythots

Hello Hammie,  hello mate,  yipee its Friday... now didn't tell you,,its sizzling here UFFF garme! 36C! we are not used to such scorching heat...   no aircons.. just fans.. mind you, it circulates pollen so me plagued with snivels, coughing and itchy eyes.... sorry mate.. hammie's ailments!🤣

Kainaat is clearly ill and she needs medical intervention. What will it take for Sultanat and Zainab to realise this? Am honestly waiting for the day kainaat’s truth gets exposed. 

well smart alec  Zaroon seems to suspect! maybe he should sound it off! trouble is to dent Kai's angelic image is no easy job... yes you are right, if Saltanat and Zainab provide the proof , then  something can be done.. this blood tie  issue is keeping Kainat away   much needed treatment, before she takes a turn for the worse..

I clearly haven’t invested any of my emotions in Saroon- their journey and their coming together.  But I still think their marriage and the ceremonies could’ve been executed better. After all they are the Sufiyana couple of the show and their union should have portrayed that. 

neither have I.. I try.. but I sense something is missing between the two.. things have been too easy  for them.. the strand of seperation never happened between these two.. thier love so far has been pain free.. and this is the reason I fail to sense anything  tangible between them..

Mamoon😂 - he quite does not know he has joined hands with a crazy female. Foolish man he seems to be.. 

Yes.. this pull out his gun, seems a knee jerk and childish reaction.. well want to see if he attempts to commit murder! before the whole family! well seems Zaroon will begin his job of protecting Saltanat from his cowboy   dad! sooner than later!

thanks for a thought provoking comment.. much love hammie

Lonelythots thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Hamlet53

Hello Hammie,  hello mate,  yipee its Friday... now didn't tell you,,its sizzling here UFFF garme! 36C! we are not used to such scorching heat...   no aircons.. just fans.. mind you, it circulates pollen so me plagued with snivels, coughing and itchy eyes.... sorry mate.. hammie's ailments!

I hope you are alright now hammie. Take care. 

Hamlet53 thumbnail

@ Lonelythots..

I hope you are alright now hammie. Take care. 

thanks mate yes we had thunderstorms! thank heavens and the temperature has now fallen to 24C... so pollen count very low..

have posted Friday/Saturday musings was out out town for friends wedding...  

love hammie