Posted: 4 years ago

Hey you guys! I'm Hinal
I've been watching this show since the beginning, but with the recent turn of events, I was left disappointed. Anyway, I'm a self-proclaimed writer so I figured the best first post I could make in this forum would be a written work. And so here I am, with a tiny little OS on the couple who got me to watch this show in the first place.

Please do let me know how you find it! And if you have any suggestions for future works, please do mention them in the comments or via a PM. I'd love to get more ideas!

Priorities

It was 3am and I was still on set for a shoot that was supposed to take merely an hour in the evening. A sudden call from the channel had Netraji scrambling to meet their demands.

I sat in the car, exhausted from the day's chaos. I shot Rohit a quick message and headed for the last scene of the night (hopefully that is).

--

* Hey, I'll be late tonight. Sorry :( *

I saw her message on my watch but hardly had the time to respond.

Tonight was the night we were going to stream the Star Parivaar awards, where she had won the best actress and the best bahu awards. I was supposed to go with her, but an emergency call from the hospital had interrupted the plan. And so, we decided to watch it tonight considering she had the day off tomorrow and mine didn't start until later on in the morning.

It's funny, we both knew what we were signing up for, but it wasn't until we dealt with these issues that we realized how difficult it was for us to spend time together. Okay no, we did spend time together - but that was mainly only in bed before the two of us fell asleep. With our erratic schedules, the only way we could make this work was with careful and meticulous planning. But alas, even that was bound to go wrong sometimes, like tonight. While she is stuck at her shoot, I have a surgery in which complications arose halfway throughout - forcing us to gather a multidisciplinary team. A simple surgery which was bound to take roughly 4-5 hours has now turned into a 7 hour procedure.

* Same here! Text me when you leave! *

I replied as soon as I could and returned to the consultation room.

----

I threw my bag right as soon as I walked in and headed straight for the shower. Dinner could wait for now; and so, I slipped into the bathroom quickly.

Standing there in the shower, I let the drops pour away all my tiredness as well. I was just about to leave when I felt his hands around my waist.

I could feel his lips on my hair as he hugged me tight.

"Hey you," I whispered, closing my eyes and leaning into him. We stood like that for a while; it felt really nice to have him there - until my stomach grumbled though. He laughed, "Go start eating, I'll be right out after a quick shower!"

I gave him a kiss and obliged.

--

We quickly finished dinner, with none of us sparing even as much as a word until we had a couple of bites.

I looked at the watch, 4:30am it read. I stifled a yawn and asked, "If you're up for it still, we can stream the awards!"

She raised her brows, "Are you serious? It's 4:30am!"

"I know! But if not tonight, then I'm afraid we'll have to wait for quite a while!"

--

He looked so apologetic, it was adorable!

"It's alright, I think it's more important we both get some decent sleep. It's been a rough week!"

We both thought that to be a good idea and headed to bed. I hugged him and rested my head on his chest, feeling all warm and fuzzy.

"I love you Rohit!" I smiled.

"I love you too Sonakshi!" he said as he tightened his grip around me.

--

Rohit had left by the time I woke up, and so I freshened up and headed to the kitchen for my morning coffee. I hated eating breakfast alone, but such was my routine these days.

I grabbed my coffee mug and found a sticky note on it.

You looked absolutely stunning in the red lehenga, it read.

I smiled, although I had no idea what he was talking about. I found another one on the sugar jar as well.

I loooved your performance Sona!, this one read.

It was finally dawning on me the references he was making. I quickly grabbed the milk jug, knowing very well this would probably also have a note on it.

Congratulations on the very well-deserved awards my love. (A little late) Dinner date tonight, I'm cooking!, the very last one read.

The truth was that we'd been struggling with time management and prioritizing each other over our work. In fact, there were even times in the beginning where we discussed whether it was worth all the hassle. But as we dealt with those issues together, Him and I both realized how big of a mistake it would have been had we given up. He was the one, I just knew it.

I grabbed my phone as soon as I could; * I loveeee you Doctor/Surgeon Sippy. See you tonight! *

Edited by basket_101 - 4 years ago

That was such a sweet OS.👍🏼

That was truly a very sweet os and you for sure are a good writer.👍🏼. Please do write more 😊

This is really beautiful OS...love it ....do keep writing

Beautiful os.. Loved the way both understood each other... This was the actual concept of the show now I dont where the show is heading..it has turned into a complete trp drama.. 

^Yea, am still hoping for these kind of things to be shown in d show.. 

Beautiful one @ TM

Such a sweet and nice OS

Originally posted by togepe30

That was such a sweet OS.👍🏼

Thank you so much!! 

Originally posted by Silver_dew11

That was truly a very sweet os and you for sure are a good writer.👍🏼. Please do write more 😊

Awwh thank you so much for your compliment! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
I'll definitely try to write more!

Originally posted by smile10000

Beautiful os.. Loved the way both understood each other... This was the actual concept of the show now I dont where the show is heading..it has turned into a complete trp drama.. 

Thank you so much for your kind words! I know what you mean - that's mainly why I decided to write an OS based on what we were expecting to see. There is so much potential in the show, but my hopes are decreasing with every passing episode 🤔
Fingers crossed that things improve though!