IMPORTANT: Topic creators get more control on their Topics - Page 8

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by vijay

Hi,

Excited to share a new feature where our Topic creator gets more control on their topics and at the same time helps us in keeping spam/abusive/MID post reply in check.

We often noticed at times that when we create a topic and suddenly we see some random reply on our post which is spammy / abusive, posted through a random newbie account and by the time someone reports and our moderation team handles it, the damage is mostly done.

So we have come up with a solution where we give our Members (Senior Members and above) on the topics they have created the option to Hide posts by Newbies which they feel is not appropriate/abusive and against IF Code of Conduct. 

It also gets logged in our Report Log so that the moderator can review the same and take action accordingly. If the moderator feels the post is fine he/she can unhide or move it to the Trash Bin. Once the moderator has reviewed and Unhide a post it cannot be hidden again by the topic starter. 

Kindly note: Members who misuses this feature a lot will lose this feature.

We hope this helps us keep the forum free from unwanted stuff.

Do let us know what you think about this feature and if there is something that can further improve this we will make necessary changes.

Regards,

Vijay

I left so many comments or reported my own posts requesting to make the thread sticky along with all important threads but in vain.

Originally posted by garynnino

I left so many comments or reported my own posts requesting to make the thread sticky along with all important threads but in vain.

Making a thread sticky is Moderators prerogative. 

lovely feature you intitled here thanks for it

nice post and thanks for sharing lovely information 

very well way to explain and thanks for your post here

It's been always like that.