Bahu Begum

July 22 : Shaira Azaan's Haldi ceremony

NoraSM thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

In Haldi ceremony, Azaan and Noor were playing with Haldi. Noor's nikahnama caught fire leaving her mom distraught for her daughter's future. Shaira made a promise to Khala that she is taking responsibility of Noor's happiness. 

A very significant scene, which might come into play when Shaira has to put her promise before her heart. Khala will be the key factor in Azaan's decision to marry Noor, he already put Khala before Noor as his true friend and they share a strong bond. 

Khalid tried to misbehave with Noor, Shaira protected her and they beat him together. Khala insinuates that Noor has found her Bahu Begum to which current Bahu Begum replies that she wishes life long friendship between Noor and Shaira. 

My favorite part has to be Shaira and Azaan scene, I don't like actors romancing on screen but there is something earthy about these two, they click with me. Trust, Mutual respect and love is the base of their relationship, will it change after Noor's entry in their marriage life? 

I read many people are expecting Shaira to be negative, I don't see anyone being negative in this show apart from Khalid and his family. 

Shaira has been introduced as an educated religious woman, if I remember correctly then Azaan says that Shaira loves Allah and he loves her. Religious people are like this only in true sense, they understand their religion and try not to hurt people around them. 

If you notice the Nikaah promo, the only happy person is Noor. Azaan and Shaira are not happy with this, Shaira leaves them and Azaan holds her hand. 

They are repeating this hand holding scene, Azaan is always aware of Shaira's presence, her movements, even when he is talking to Noor, their cycle scene where he asks Shaira to sit with him only if she trusts him, was significant too. She might hasitate in the beginning but will agree for his marriage with Noor. 

Good episode today, they dragged it a little towards the end