His Purpose - PreRish Ficlet - Page 2

Posted: 4 years ago

| His Purpose |

His steps came to a halt in front of her room and his eyes stole a glance of her figure curled up in a ball on the bed. Her knees were drawn closer to her chest and she had clutched a pillow to her face. Ah, he did want to go inside but he couldn't. He wasn't going to let his pretence fall and definitely wasn't up for her to know that he had been worried for her.

He hardly saw her out of her room in the past week except for the times Sneha needed her around. Miss. Sharma, ah, Mrs. Bajaj wasn't as strong as she portrayed her to be, he had come to the realization. She hadn't been able to deal well with her scattered emotions. She hadn't been able to deal well with her separation from Anurag.

He silently walked away, tearing his gaze from her.

"What is it?" Prerna almost instantly sat up upon feeling the familiar tug at her Saree. She picked Sneha up and made her sit on the bed closer to her. "You need anything?"

Sneha grabbed Prerna's hand with her tiny fingers, urging her to get down the bed. Prerna was clueless as Sneha pulled her along to the hall of Bajaj Mansion and the moment her gaze did a quick round of the surrounding, she was left amused.

The heavy rainfall had made the afternoon seem like a night. The curtains of all the windows were pulled aside, treating eyes with the beautiful scenery. The Television was on and she could see Shinchan on the screen who almost instantly made her smile. Sneha brought her to the couch and as they sat comfortably, Prerna's eyes fell upon the Anjeer - Badam ice cream. Ah her favourite one! She snuggled Sneha closer as they enjoyed their time watching Shinchan together with her favourite ice cream,  absolutely unaware of the pair of eyes that had been minutely observing her every move and perhaps, every expression on her face ever since she had got there.

The corners of his mouth lifted slightly upwards to see her laughing carefree, perhaps, for the first time since the time he met her. He did not realize that he was lost in her until his intelligent brain processed when the laughter suddenly stopped that Sneha had accidentally switched off the Television and Mrs. Bajaj had seen his reflection on the same.

Damn. Why didn't you leave earlier? There was no point in cursing now. He had messed it up a big time. The most that he could do that time was to make a quick exit from there before she walked up to him. He was not ready for a confrontation. Not at that moment. The second he watched her rising on her feet, he disappeared leaving her to wonder what, who and how he actually was.

Sneha did not take long in letting Prerna know that it was him who had done it all. The question was, why! Why would he take any kind of efforts for her? Did he really want to cheer her up? Well, it seemed that way from his gesture. Was his heart softening towards her? Did he have a heart in the first place? He wanted her to feel better? 

Looks like this man's purpose in life is to drive me insane! She concluded while picking Sneha in her arms. 

Brilliant ficlet!

I adore your writings. 

The initial conflict of feelings in RB's mind were well expressed and the same brilliance continued with the questions that troubled Prerna at the end. He's indeed driving her insane. 😆

Do write more. 😳

This was nice and cute. ☺️

Yeh cheating hai!!!!!

Harshuuuuuuuu. 

This was shhooooo shweeeeet!

How adorable is Sneha!

And awww. The caring one. Hahaha I loved how he felt trapped and walked off. Typical 😆

Your writing is so smooth and mushy cuddly ❤️

Edited by Mishti_Dahi - 4 years ago

This was so nice. Pls write more. ❤️

Adorable is the word for this one😻. Do write more. 😍

Wow! 

RB is confused (or is he) and so is Prerna. What a conflicting relationship they have even when they are not conversing. 

👏awesome!

Originally posted by Wistfulness

Brilliant ficlet!

I adore your writings. 

The initial conflict of feelings in RB's mind were well expressed and the same brilliance continued with the questions that troubled Prerna at the end. He's indeed driving her insane. 😆

Do write more. 😳

Thank you so much. ❤️     

Originally posted by najma123

This was nice and cute. ☺️

Thank you, Najma. ❤️

Originally posted by Mishti_Dahi

Yeh cheating hai!!!!!

Harshuuuuuuuu. 

This was shhooooo shweeeeet!

How adorable is Sneha!

And awww. The caring one. Hahaha I loved how he felt trapped and walked off. Typical 😆

Your writing is so smooth and mushy cuddly ❤️

🤣     What cheating ya? I know, Bajaj has taken over your mind so much that you are always here. So I knew, you would find out very soon. 🤣

Thank you so much, Mahi.  🤗❤️  Glad you enjoyed reading. 

Lots of love