RIP Pappy aka Shivlelekh Singh

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Rest in Peace Shivelekh Singh aka Pappu may your soul rest in peace

Shivlekh's parents not informed about son's death: Child actor's Agnifera co-star Surbhi Tiwari

The parents of Shivlekh Singh, the 14-year-old child actor who died on Thursday in a road accident, have gained consciousness this morning and have not been informed about their child's death yet.

• India Today Web Desk
  • New Delhi
  • July 19, 2019
  • UPDATED: July 19, 2019 16:52 IST

Shivlekh Singh

Shivlekh Singh worked with Surbhi Tiwari in Agnifera.

Child actor Shivlekh Singh, 14, who had acted in TV shows like Sankatmochan Hanuman and Sasural Simar Ka, died in a road accident on July 18 (Thursday). The child breathed his last on the spot while his parents--mother Lekhna and father Shivendra Singh--and another person were injured after their car collided with a truck on the outskirts of Raipur on Thursday.

According to the child actor's Agnifera co-star Surbhi Tiwari, Shivlekh's parents gained consciounes on Friday morning, a day after the accident, and have not been informed about their child's demise till their condition gets stable.

"I have been in touch with his maasi ever since I got the news. The family is shattered. I am unable to fathom what has happened. I cannot tell you what the family is going through right now," Surbhi told TOI.

"Shivlekh's mother Lekhna is a good friend of mine. Both her and Shivlekh's father wanted to see him be an actor and he was talented. He has been a very bright boy. Both Lekhna and her husband are in the ICU as they too suffered major injuries. Last, when I spoke to his maasi, the two had just gained consciousness, this morning, after the accident yesterday. They haven't been informed about Shivlekh's death and won't be informed till they themselves are stable. His body has been taken for post mortem last night," she added.

Surbhi who got married a few months back recalls how the boy had danced at her sangeet ceremony and how excited he was.

"The boy had danced at my wedding sangeet on February 10 and was so excited. I still remember his face, all lit up and happy. Everyone has to go, I know but not like this, not in this way and definitely not at this age. I don't know how is Lekhna going to deal with this news. She has been a protective mother throughout and would constantly keep a tab on Shivlekh and his health, food, etc. Shivlekh was very hardworking and fun-loving. I am numb, can't say anything more beyond this," she told the paper.

Shivlekh, native of Janjgir-Champa district in Chhattisgarh, and his parents were living in Mumbai for the last ten years.

Also read | Child actor Shivlekh Singh dies in car accident near Raipur

Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from

Posted: 4 years ago

God please keep him at good place with peace and ❤️please bless him with  a long life on his next birth. Please God please listen to me. I am deeply hurt by this news. Why you took him so early age. Heaviest heart I am praying for his parents and family.