Abhishek Chaubey to do Hindi remake of Tamil movie Jigarthanda

jb508 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Abhishek Chaubey, who established himself as a bold filmmaker with Ishqiya and Udta Punjab, but came a cropper with his last release – the Sushant Singh Rajput, Bhumi Pednekar and Manoj Bajpayee starrer Sonchiriya, is going ahead with films that are raw and hard-hitting and rooted in non-metro locals.

Post Sonchiriya, Chaubey finished a short film with Tumbbad fame Sohum Shah and Kriti Kulhari and is currently filming his first crime thriller web series Dus Assi for Junglee Pictures banner. Now, PeepingMoon.com has learned that the filmmaker has collaborated with Sajid Nadiadwala for his next directorial which marks his foray into commercial cinema. 

“Chaubey has been signed to direct the Hindi remake of the Tamil film Jigarthanda for Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment. It’s an out-and-out commercial entertainer and is going to be a different ballgame altogether for Chaubey,” our source revealed.

https://m.peepingmoon.com/exclusive-news/news/32889/Exclusive-Abhishek-Chaubey-to-remake-Tamil-hit-Jigarthanda-for-Sajid-Nadiadwala-.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I have heard awesome reviews about this one.

I just hope they take an competent actors for this one, and not Varun/Tiger.

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

It's one of my fav movies.

Oh gosh they r going to ruin it.

Siddharth and Bobby Simha even won a national award for it.

dedh thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Thug-Leader

I have heard awesome reviews about this one.

I just hope they take an competent actors for this one, and not Varun/Tiger.

Good cinematography in this one. I love Chaubey, but I wish he did his own material.