Posted: 4 years ago

I really don't get that a person who is getting 12 Lakhs for a single dance performance , whose sister is getting dresses from high profile designers and who herself is earning lakh(s) per day is regarded as middle class!!

I really didn't get that. Yaa sippys are high profile family like ambanis in real but rastogis aren't either middle class.

Has TV some other definition of middle class!?

If she is middle class then we, who hold 9/5 jobs, are below poverty line. 

Middle class people earn 6 lakhs in a year. TV actors earn that from a ribbon cutting ceremony.

Who called her middle class? That's the most ridiculous thing this ever. 

During the fight over the watch, didn't her mom say to Rohit: 'You might be rich but we are not beggars either and even we can easily afford a watch worth 8 lakhs?'

Originally posted by togepe30

If she is middle class then we, who hold 9/5 jobs, are below poverty line. 

Middle class people earn 6 lakhs in a year. TV actors earn that from a ribbon cutting ceremony.

Who called her middle class? That's the most ridiculous thing this ever. 

During the fight over the watch, didn't her mom say to Rohit: 'You might be rich but we are not beggars either and even we can easily afford a watch worth 8 lakhs?'

In the precap Rohit said something like that. I think sippys are extremely rich and not rastogis are middle class!

Bold- that's what I was thinking!

Rastogis are not middle class anymore fm money pov but they are not ‘khandani rich’ like the Sippys so the Sippys look down on them as LS (low status) or upstarts.

Plus some newly rich folks who hv seen v bad days before & come up the hard away wld still spend v carefully so they dont seem rich. 

Here this is not about how much money they're earing but their background from which the belong. Sippys are high end people from earlier where Sona struggled and now is a solvent family       

I ve not watched the episode so dont know who said wat. But there is middle class & then there is middle class MENTALITY. Many times people who struggled their way to the top cant really forget their past. Usually the traditionally rich people like the Sippys look down upon the new rich like the Rastogis. They feel that the new rich lack class & culture. That's how it is in every country/society!

May be they meant in some other way like mentalitily as said by someone. Sonakshi  as a merc  driver, hair stylist and makeup artist do many fans.her own earnings her bro studies medical science which is expensive and randomly the sister spends money. Seriously Suman has a middle clasentality I feel how ever sadher oast us people r not able to connect with her. Their isa way you behave which cleay we a. See between Pooja and pari. May be they meant that

Originally posted by vaishuarshi123

May be they meant in some other way like mentalitily as said by someone. Sonakshi  as a merc  driver, hair stylist and makeup artist do many fans.her own earnings her bro studies medical science which is expensive and randomly the sister spends money. Seriously Suman has a middle clasentality I feel how ever sadher oast us people r not able to connect with her. Their isa way you behave which cleay we a. See between Pooja and pari. May be they meant that

I hate pari really much but I don't like Pooja even when she said that she has to give advances to judge to pari.... whatever wordings she used her meaning was same so I don't find Pooja right either bcoz park's 100 accusations and her character assaination for pari is equal.

Originally posted by vaishuarshi123

Yaa Suman is loud so maybe they meant this. but i foudnd this sick the way middle class is used in TV industry.....like I found middle class the most hardworking class (not comparing just saying) bcoz they aren't benefitted by anyone like from govt or whatever but in TV's every time I hear that you middle class people have this problem and middle class girls are regarded as gold diggers and example is kasauti!

Edited by abhi_kanchi - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Angels11

I ve not watched the episode so dont know who said wat. But there is middle class & then there is middle class MENTALITY. Many times people who struggled their way to the top cant really forget their past. Usually the traditionally rich people like the Sippys look down upon the new rich like the Rastogis. They feel that the new rich lack class & culture. That's how it is in every country/society!

Agreed!