Paths leading nowhere- Part 2

tejaswiniwenham thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

WARNING: SPOILERS

Hi folks! I am back at it after a LONG time. i was on a bit of a long holiday but now i am back to the routine and gathbandhan is unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your opinion) a part of it. so I will take it from the top (start it from the start with the second marriage and the drama following). I think I have iterated the fact that I am just astounded at how poorly dhanak handled everything and almost as pissed as raghu is...now im starting to think probably more because raghu was in form for two days and now he is back to just sitting around with an inflated balloon face as he is incapable of actually performing any kind of task- gundagiri because of 'lou' and actual work because of 'hate'. im still in form and despite of the shitty kabir singh act that raghu has pulled this week, i still just cannot find any semblance of understanding or empathy for dhanak. i still just dont believe her love. just because she cries a little bit more than usual doesnt mean anything to me. and i will explain exactly why dhanak's actions are so insanely ridiculous to me, its a 50-50 problem of the overall set up of the script and the character. 

the first 50% is dhanak herself- she accepted a forced marriage to a criminal knowing she will be a part of IPS, she didnt seem to account for all past crimes as long as he was good for the present and the future. she didnt bother to ask for a list of past crimes, i mean this guy was in candidacy for bablu bhai's kursi but she didnt feel the need to investigate. at all. that was when she didnt love him. she also looped him into 'top secret' missions. to me that means she either knows the list of crime and accepts everything that comes with that, all past actions and will not condemn as long as he stays clean. but she did condemn. which means either she thought raghu was lying or she just didnt care. either ways thats pretty bad. no trust=no love. simple as that. and she has never really trusted raghu and he rn simply doesnt trust her. y? because her act was indeed quite faithless and she doesnt address that AT ALL. she apologizes because she thinks she WRONGLY accused them- which would make raghu mad. not because she accused them- which makes him hateful. she expects implicit trust but when push comes to shove- she is simply unable to reciprocate. sometimes giving bahana of duty, sometimes maayi's actions, sometimes right and wrong. even puppa gets that, but dhanak just doesnt. she constantly tests him, even in situations which call for making up to him. she doesnt fight for him. fine! she was naive about the depth of his hate and humiliation (which is constant, gali ka bewda bhi raghu ko challenge karta hain- pathetic) till she received the divorce papers and she cried like a jilted lover. accha thik. but after she received them, you'd think that'd be enough of a wake up call. but nope. i thought, now surely she will stand strong and say- no i will not divorce you and no i dont care if you wish to marry maya or saku tai. it will not be happening legally and i will arrest you and your entire family if you try. be the bad guy, buy time and win him back. its clearly not hard because raghu's hormone attacks are still as frequent as ever. she says she's desperate to save her marriage, but not willing to compromise her 'good standing' for it. what kind of love is this? she's complicit to test again and again. now with the whole maya thing...what? this week's promo is dhanak seeing 'intimate' pics of raghu and maya. im sure she'll believe that jo kaam maya se 10 saalon mein nahi huwa woh aab hoga...because... and she will have failed to trust him again. as for raghu, in his head, he had passed already, so in essence every time she tests him, she loses his trust as well. so if two ppl dont trust each other, where is the love? i only see raghu ka pal pal ka lust and dhanak literally just trying to prove a point in perpetuity. 

the other 50% of the problem really comes when you think about the number of times dhanak HAS turned a blind eye to things raghu did in the past AND the things he did in the present, the things maayi and co have done in the present. the fact that there are always illegal weapons present in their home, the highly illegal gang wars they partake in, the extortion rackets they run. so where does she draw the line? so beating ppl to a pulp, hafta wasooli, kidnapping and extortion is ok but smuggling drugs is where she draws the line? why? cos thats more potentially life threatening for 'innocent' ppl than gang wars or being beaten up for hafta? 🤓 the way the show treats criminality is fundamentally problematic- where some crimes are ok because ppl arent supposedly losing their lives even if they are losing livelihood. this attempt to whitewash raghu whilst also asking me to take his dark side seriously has just not been working. there used to be a show on this channel called lifeok called piya rangrez which was about the same don man concept and we saw him murder ppl on screen. it was an overall masochistic show but delivered exactly what it promised. love and violence. this show tries to whitewash raghu and yet take him seriously, so badly that whenever dhanak does anything, it simply makes her actions look ridiculous, and raghu's transformation look easy. nothing feels like it has any weight here. a path leading nowhere indeed! aur darkness deliver bhi kiya toh kaise? in the most disgusting form possible with raghu threatening to force himself on dhanak! and saying the most toxic thing ever- you dont even deserve my forced attention. as if theres a criteria for it. as if the act is deserved by the women on receiving ends- they are worthy of it. it was disgusting and effectively ruined everything that raghu stood for. yet, it made no difference at all in their relationship one way or the other. dhanak didnt second guess herself when she should have and raghu didnt seem to realize what the hell he just did and said. im sorry but burning himself doesnt count. it left me wondering where this toxic bravado wouldve disappeared if dhanak had said yes instead of struggling. what was going through the writer's head at this point? where there is love, sex can never be an intimidation tactic. if it intimidates or is used as intimidation, it can never be love. yet im still supposed to believe these two love each other. wow. neither is sex some kind of bond that can never be broken. so i simply do not understand why it is put at such a high point of regard here. everyone seems to think its what will make or break relationships. maya having sex with raghu will break RaNak or vice versa. one simple question- would raghu have seriously reacted differently to the arrest if the relationship had been consummated? would he not care about the lashings his mother received? would he not have wanted a divorce then? i could have even bought this theory if contraception was not a reality, but aajke zamane mein i highly doubt that. so why use one issue as a trump card, that too one leading nowhere?

Coming to maayi and maya. idk what all the ruckus is about- they are just as negative as they always were. my only complaint regarding them is the excessive screen time they get. once i know what their conspiracy entails, i would rather just see the impact of the conspiracy on...well you know- the people we are here to see. everyday we see 5 mins of dhanak being rondu and raghu being angsty then back to the most minute details of maya-maayi's plannings. kya hain yaar? and these plans also are so utterly stupid. maayi seems to not know her son at all suddenly and her plans are just ridiculous. who in today's age of smart phones, uses a common red dupatta as a signal for kidnapping? and even the fundamental idea of getting raghu to have sex with maya...huh? jo kaam maya se saalon mein nahi hua why the hell would she suddenly be able to achieve this? at this rate dhanak need only girao her pallu at the right time in their bedroom and raghu will be on that sonpapdi all over again. aise nakare villains honge toh she need not do much. and lets b honest, maya is just not attractive to raghu. thats that. he will marry her cos maayi wants that and she should leverage that. because relying on maya's 'charms' is just not gonna cut it. shes fine the way she is. but raghu wants a woman who is a sati savitri types. so why bother with all this? it seems honestly too stupid for maayi. but i do feel bad for maya. raghu is using her, maayi is using her, dhanak just doesnt care and she herself is too stupid to recognise any better. jaye bhi toh kaha jaye. homeless orphan indebted- her plight is no different from aslam's.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: tejaswiniwenham

WARNING: SPOILERS

Hi folks! I am back at it after a LONG time. i was on a bit of a long holiday but now i am back to the routine and gathbandhan is unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your opinion) a part of it. so I will take it from the top (start it from the start with the second marriage and the drama following). I think I have iterated the fact that I am just astounded at how poorly dhanak handled everything and almost as pissed as raghu is...now im starting to think probably more because raghu was in form for two days and now he is back to just sitting around with an inflated balloon face as he is incapable of actually performing any kind of task- gundagiri because of 'lou' and actual work because of 'hate'. im still in form and despite of the shitty kabir singh act that raghu has pulled this week, i still just cannot find any semblance of understanding or empathy for dhanak. i still just dont believe her love. just because she cries a little bit more than usual doesnt mean anything to me. and i will explain exactly why dhanak's actions are so insanely ridiculous to me, its a 50-50 problem of the overall set up of the script and the character. 

the first 50% is dhanak herself- she accepted a forced marriage to a criminal knowing she will be a part of IPS, she didnt seem to account for all past crimes as long as he was good for the present and the future. she didnt bother to ask for a list of past crimes, i mean this guy was in candidacy for bablu bhai's kursi but she didnt feel the need to investigate. at all. that was when she didnt love him. she also looped him into 'top secret' missions. to me that means she either knows the list of crime and accepts everything that comes with that, all past actions and will not condemn as long as he stays clean. but she did condemn. which means either she thought raghu was lying or she just didnt care. either ways thats pretty bad. no trust=no love. simple as that. and she has never really trusted raghu and he rn simply doesnt trust her. y? because her act was indeed quite faithless and she doesnt address that AT ALL. she apologizes because she thinks she WRONGLY accused them- which would make raghu mad. not because she accused them- which makes him hateful. she expects implicit trust but when push comes to shove- she is simply unable to reciprocate. sometimes giving bahana of duty, sometimes maayi's actions, sometimes right and wrong. even puppa gets that, but dhanak just doesnt. she constantly tests him, even in situations which call for making up to him. she doesnt fight for him. fine! she was naive about the depth of his hate and humiliation (which is constant, gali ka bewda bhi raghu ko challenge karta hain- pathetic) till she received the divorce papers and she cried like a jilted lover. accha thik. but after she received them, you'd think that'd be enough of a wake up call. but nope. i thought, now surely she will stand strong and say- no i will not divorce you and no i dont care if you wish to marry maya or saku tai. it will not be happening legally and i will arrest you and your entire family if you try. be the bad guy, buy time and win him back. its clearly not hard because raghu's hormone attacks are still as frequent as ever. she says she's desperate to save her marriage, but not willing to compromise her 'good standing' for it. what kind of love is this? she's complicit to test again and again. now with the whole maya thing...what? this week's promo is dhanak seeing 'intimate' pics of raghu and maya. im sure she'll believe that jo kaam maya se 10 saalon mein nahi huwa woh aab hoga...because... and she will have failed to trust him again. as for raghu, in his head, he had passed already, so in essence every time she tests him, she loses his trust as well. so if two ppl dont trust each other, where is the love? i only see raghu ka pal pal ka lust and dhanak literally just trying to prove a point in perpetuity. 

the other 50% of the problem really comes when you think about the number of times dhanak HAS turned a blind eye to things raghu did in the past AND the things he did in the present, the things maayi and co have done in the present. the fact that there are always illegal weapons present in their home, the highly illegal gang wars they partake in, the extortion rackets they run. so where does she draw the line? so beating ppl to a pulp, hafta wasooli, kidnapping and extortion is ok but smuggling drugs is where she draws the line? why? cos thats more potentially life threatening for 'innocent' ppl than gang wars or being beaten up for hafta? 🤓 the way the show treats criminality is fundamentally problematic- where some crimes are ok because ppl arent supposedly losing their lives even if they are losing livelihood. this attempt to whitewash raghu whilst also asking me to take his dark side seriously has just not been working. there used to be a show on this channel called lifeok called piya rangrez which was about the same don man concept and we saw him murder ppl on screen. it was an overall masochistic show but delivered exactly what it promised. love and violence. this show tries to whitewash raghu and yet take him seriously, so badly that whenever dhanak does anything, it simply makes her actions look ridiculous, and raghu's transformation look easy. nothing feels like it has any weight here. a path leading nowhere indeed! aur darkness deliver bhi kiya toh kaise? in the most disgusting form possible with raghu threatening to force himself on dhanak! and saying the most toxic thing ever- you dont even deserve my forced attention. as if theres a criteria for it. as if the act is deserved by the women on receiving ends- they are worthy of it. it was disgusting and effectively ruined everything that raghu stood for. yet, it made no difference at all in their relationship one way or the other. dhanak didnt second guess herself when she should have and raghu didnt seem to realize what the hell he just did and said. im sorry but burning himself doesnt count. it left me wondering where this toxic bravado wouldve disappeared if dhanak had said yes instead of struggling. what was going through the writer's head at this point? where there is love, sex can never be an intimidation tactic. if it intimidates or is used as intimidation, it can never be love. yet im still supposed to believe these two love each other. wow. neither is sex some kind of bond that can never be broken. so i simply do not understand why it is put at such a high point of regard here. everyone seems to think its what will make or break relationships. maya having sex with raghu will break RaNak or vice versa. one simple question- would raghu have seriously reacted differently to the arrest if the relationship had been consummated? would he not care about the lashings his mother received? would he not have wanted a divorce then? i could have even bought this theory if contraception was not a reality, but aajke zamane mein i highly doubt that. so why use one issue as a trump card, that too one leading nowhere?

Coming to maayi and maya. idk what all the ruckus is about- they are just as negative as they always were. my only complaint regarding them is the excessive screen time they get. once i know what their conspiracy entails, i would rather just see the impact of the conspiracy on...well you know- the people we are here to see. everyday we see 5 mins of dhanak being rondu and raghu being angsty then back to the most minute details of maya-maayi's plannings. kya hain yaar? and these plans also are so utterly stupid. maayi seems to not know her son at all suddenly and her plans are just ridiculous. who in today's age of smart phones, uses a common red dupatta as a signal for kidnapping? and even the fundamental idea of getting raghu to have sex with maya...huh? jo kaam maya se saalon mein nahi hua why the hell would she suddenly be able to achieve this? at this rate dhanak need only girao her pallu at the right time in their bedroom and raghu will be on that sonpapdi all over again. aise nakare villains honge toh she need not do much. and lets b honest, maya is just not attractive to raghu. thats that. he will marry her cos maayi wants that and she should leverage that. because relying on maya's 'charms' is just not gonna cut it. shes fine the way she is. but raghu wants a woman who is a sati savitri types. so why bother with all this? it seems honestly too stupid for maayi. but i do feel bad for maya. raghu is using her, maayi is using her, dhanak just doesnt care and she herself is too stupid to recognise any better. jaye bhi toh kaha jaye. homeless orphan indebted- her plight is no different from aslam's.

Hi ,

Do u remember me , we met on swaragini forum

Nice analysis

I have a feeling maayi & maaya will only arrange 4 ranak's SR.

As in serials mostly unplanned SR happen

Edited by deepikagupta9 - 4 years ago
Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail

I differ with u maya cant be compared 2 aslam coz aslam is not a bad guy but forced by maayi 2 fool sejal , maayi dont have 2 force maaya 4 anything specially in raghu's case varna raghu very clearly told her that she is just his frnd & he cant luv her , how many times he rejected & insulted her , seeing ranak's equation after marriage , still she dint left her desire 2 get raghu , in b/w even maayi stopped calling maya as her bahu . So we cant exactly blame raghu or maayi 4 maaya 

Actually i dont see anything b/w raghu & maaya not even frndship even in childhood scene also, as i m watching episodes from starting raghu always get irritated by maaya or himself jerk her away coz he dont like her touching .

I always felt maaya only had lUST 4 raghu nothing else.

Raghu had agreed 2 marry her but she had increased her cheap tactics which is not needed at all coz ranak r not doing anything 2 stop this marriage & i feel its all heading towards raghu himself calling off d wedding coz dhanak already grew suspicious today.

Tawre is re entering , earlier he was flirting with maaya

So i can be wrong but i feel maaya might get raped by Tawre .

tejaswiniwenham thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: deepikagupta9

I differ with u maya cant be compared 2 aslam coz aslam is not a bad guy but forced by maayi 2 fool sejal , maayi dont have 2 force maaya 4 anything specially in raghu's case varna raghu very clearly told her that she is just his frnd & he cant luv her , how many times he rejected & insulted her , seeing ranak's equation after marriage , still she dint left her desire 2 get raghu , in b/w even maayi stopped calling maya as her bahu . So we cant exactly blame raghu or maayi 4 maaya 

Actually i dont see anything b/w raghu & maaya not even frndship even in childhood scene also, as i m watching episodes from starting raghu always get irritated by maaya or himself jerk her away coz he dont like her touching .

I always felt maaya only had lUST 4 raghu nothing else.

Raghu had agreed 2 marry her but she had increased her cheap tactics which is not needed at all coz ranak r not doing anything 2 stop this marriage & i feel its all heading towards raghu himself calling off d wedding coz dhanak already grew suspicious today.

Tawre is re entering , earlier he was flirting with maaya

So i can be wrong but i feel maaya might get raped by Tawre .

hey deepika! hope you are well! nice to meet you here! as for my comparison between aslam and maya, i am on the same page as you. to clarify, the comment was not meant as a character comparison but rather their situations. maayi didnt only raise raghu but she also raised aslam and batli and maya. she says she loves them but they are just a pawn to her in all honesty. maayi doesnt love maya like she loves raghu. no mother would ever want her daughter to marry another's lover. you will see how distinct her love for raghu vs maya is in the very simple way she feels about their love/zidh. she indulges maya's zidh for raghu whereas she discourages raghu's zidh for dhanak. she is a smart enough woman to know that raghu is not good for maya. he ill-treats her quite often (mostly deserved but i just do not agree with raising your hand on women) and hasnt cared for her ever. yet maya's zidh is advantageous to her and therefore she indulges it. if maayi was the type of mother who believed in indulging her child's wishes as the ultimate form of love, then she herself would've forced dhanak to marry raghu. her problem with dhanak is that she doesnt believe that dhanak is good for raghu. if dhanak was say, a teacher, with no muscle, i think maayi would just be a zaleem saas rather than being so criminally against her. thats how y i say that maayi is using maya as much as she is using aslam. i think she loves them both but just not enough to do what she knows is good for them. 

and maya is ttly gross and irritating for sure but raghu IS also using her to make a point to dhanak. just because maya makes it easy doesnt mean that she is not being used. maya doesnt have any other alternatives in her life. being raghu's wife is the only respectable darja for her life. if she's not savitri mai's sonbai or raghu's baiko then what will she be? just a common petty thief. she's not maayi's daughter, she's not raghu's sister, who is she? just a chor. thats it. you cant be just that for your entire life. her 'love' for raghu makes complete sense. there's literally no other option. 

for all her flaws, i do hope she doesnt get raped. thats totally horrible. and if that happens, raghu will probably find out the truth that dhanak was right about the drugs but still marry maya anyways to give her sahara or some shit like that.

but agar raghu dhanak ka SR achanak hogaya, like sajna tha maya ko par dhanak pouch gayi types then my eyes will literally roll out of my head. given ALL the fuss they have all collectively created about this SR, bas aise hi hogaya toh i'll LOL so hard! but i would rather that then maya pretending that uske aur raghu k beech kuch huwa hain and then dhanak believing that or worse raghu believing that. that is the worst cliche ever. i hope dhanak remains firm in her belief because she has failed her faith at every turn. ab test dhanak ka hain. 

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail

Originally posted by: tejaswiniwenham

hey deepika! hope you are well! nice to meet you here! as for my comparison between aslam and maya, i am on the same page as you. to clarify, the comment was not meant as a character comparison but rather their situations. maayi didnt only raise raghu but she also raised aslam and batli and maya. she says she loves them but they are just a pawn to her in all honesty. maayi doesnt love maya like she loves raghu. no mother would ever want her daughter to marry another's lover. you will see how distinct her love for raghu vs maya is in the very simple way she feels about their love/zidh. she indulges maya's zidh for raghu whereas she discourages raghu's zidh for dhanak. she is a smart enough woman to know that raghu is not good for maya. he ill-treats her quite often (mostly deserved but i just do not agree with raising your hand on women) and hasnt cared for her ever. yet maya's zidh is advantageous to her and therefore she indulges it. if maayi was the type of mother who believed in indulging her child's wishes as the ultimate form of love, then she herself would've forced dhanak to marry raghu. her problem with dhanak is that she doesnt believe that dhanak is good for raghu. if dhanak was say, a teacher, with no muscle, i think maayi would just be a zaleem saas rather than being so criminally against her. thats how y i say that maayi is using maya as much as she is using aslam. i think she loves them both but just not enough to do what she knows is good for them. 

and maya is ttly gross and irritating for sure but raghu IS also using her to make a point to dhanak. just because maya makes it easy doesnt mean that she is not being used. maya doesnt have any other alternatives in her life. being raghu's wife is the only respectable darja for her life. if she's not savitri mai's sonbai or raghu's baiko then what will she be? just a common petty thief. she's not maayi's daughter, she's not raghu's sister, who is she? just a chor. thats it. you cant be just that for your entire life. her 'love' for raghu makes complete sense. there's literally no other option. 

for all her flaws, i do hope she doesnt get raped. thats totally horrible. and if that happens, raghu will probably find out the truth that dhanak was right about the drugs but still marry maya anyways to give her sahara or some shit like that.

but agar raghu dhanak ka SR achanak hogaya, like sajna tha maya ko par dhanak pouch gayi types then my eyes will literally roll out of my head. given ALL the fuss they have all collectively created about this SR, bas aise hi hogaya toh i'll LOL so hard! but i would rather that then maya pretending that uske aur raghu k beech kuch huwa hain and then dhanak believing that or worse raghu believing that. that is the worst cliche ever. i hope dhanak remains firm in her belief because she has failed her faith at every turn. ab test dhanak ka hain. 

it look sad that maayi also dont now raghu that he always stick 2 his commitment  , he never said yes 4 maaya earlier thats why he kept on denying & running from it but this time he himself had said yes 4 maaya , so some where he is sticking 2 it & not running away from it but maayi & maaya r busy playing cheap tactics which is definately not needed at all .  i guess  maayi  somewhere knows that ranak had not consummated their marriage thats why she came up with this idea as she clearly said once raghu consummate with maaya then he will never look on any other woman not even dhanak that 2 before wedding .

maya means illusion , so till now maya magic was not working on raghu but currently raghu is under d illusion created by maayi . so maayi & maaya might present that raghu spend night with maaya .

yesterday  preeti pointed towards maaya's constant presence in all  current incidents happening & asked dhanak 2 look after d matter, even maaya in her stupidity gave a clue 2 dhanak yesterday , even maayi was little worried thta she might get caught by dhanak

even shruti said in d iv that all this a gearing up 4 some intense drama so i guess it will be dhanak only who will break maya's illusion on raghu which will lead raghu 2 break this marriage or this time might he slaps maaya 4 sure which she deserve as she is insulting raghu , herself & their so called friendship .; so this track may put full stop 2 raghu maaya marriage jaap.

in no way raghu will be marrying  maaya  & all these unnneeded maaya's cheapness is hinting towards it only sadly maya might get caught but not maayi.

regarding ranak's consummation it had been dragged to much , 2 prevent it they brought second marriage & drug track .

normally consummation leads 2 seperation , i mean mostly in serials after consummation only leads get seperated & leap comes in d serial