Debate Mansion

Thoughts on Leila on Netflix? - Page 2

Cpt.DudleySmith thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Vile anti-Hindu propaganda that will lapped up by the usual suspects. They know who they are.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nigahen thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Ok so I had to watch the trailer first. Wow the attacks are unrelenting arent they?? ðŸ˜³

The people who've done real ethnic cleansing of millions are demonizing the other? Now there's a paradox....this is exactly the kind of shit that has an opposite effect on the collective consciousness after a point.

astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I'm almost at the end of it, last episode. It's actually a good show albeit a bit slow at times. It has its own flaws but I think there being a hindu fascist state at the centre of it is not wrong. It's fiction after all and there are all sorts of men to twist what is there in the scriptures for their own benefit. They have made a pretty good premise though and adapted this common premise of a new regime in an apocalyptic world which is normal in western cinema, for Indian sociopolitical dynamics pretty well.

astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

This content was originally posted by: nigahen

Ok so I had to watch the trailer first. Wow the attacks are unrelenting arent they?? ðŸ˜³

The people who've done real ethnic cleansing of millions are demonizing the other? Now there's a paradox....this is exactly the kind of shit that has an opposite effect on the collective consciousness after a point.

I couldn't understand what you are referring to here. Are you saying that people who are criticising this for being anti-hindu are wrong or are you one of them?

nigahen thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: astha36

I couldn't understand what you are referring to here. Are you saying that people who are criticising this for being anti-hindu are wrong or are you one of them?

I'm talking about the makers of the show. That should clear it I think.

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

It's a terrible show.

After episode 1 its just nose dive into cliche stories and also very poor world building for a dyspotion show.

Also makers should have read about hinduiism and use it for what can be better ways to show a hindu fascist state Rather than copying from hollywood movies and abhramic religions .

Also could have use better current contexts , like instead of blasting taj mahal , better show taken over by the state and renaming it tejo mahalay the temple. That would be funny too.

This content was originally posted by: Cpt.DudleySmith

Vile anti-Hindu propaganda that will lapped up by the usual suspects. They know who they are.

Must be talking about TM?

I also knew. Was waiting patiently for her to reveal herself for long time. I think she needs a little more time to go therowdiest way..😆