Bahu Begum in all her glory!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Watched the first episode of Bahu Begum and I have to say every frame looked so rich and royal. Commend the producer, art director and the director for the sheer brilliance they unleashed on the small screen. Its not every day that we watch shows presented so well.

Coming to the characters and actors, all of them seem perfect fit for their roles.  Arjit totally looks like a nawab and Diana is pleasant. Simone is regal and I love her voice, diction and her subtlety and grace. Supriya is endearing. The antagonists Mohd Nazim and Amrapali are so charming. My personal favorite would be Noor, of course. She does add spark to the show. She is lucky to have gotten the chance to play Noor and I don't think anyone else would be able to do justice to Noor as Sami effortlessly did. It needs a certain childlike innocent thoughtless selfcenteredness, which is not easy to portray convincingly in an adult character. I am really excited to watch this character's journey in particular. I have seen Sami perform brilliantly in her previous show, and I am sure she will excel this time too. Rooting for her!

I fall for Noor... her childlike... her innocence... her mohabbat for azaan....🥰🥰 Sam excel as Noor... i love Noor intro scene... hot... uff her aada... her interaction with her future sis in-law🤣... she so bright & full of character... 

Noor is so carefree... her dance was 🥳... Bhopal is all hers... her territory.. her kingdom... from the episode we can say Noor is a spoilt but adorable girl who always get her way... she not afraid of anything except her khuda... She seems to handle the situation on the surface like a child... but that is the charm of the story... how she eventually become the bahubegum that anyone can ever imagine... 

Diana as Shayra for 1st ep looks so perfect... as a ladylove of a Nawabi... as a future bahubegum... she actually fit perfectly into the picture... but for me she too perfect to be true... i dont know if there is any girl who is so confident to actually hold the hand of your bf mom & tell that she dont have anyone to actually meet them and do this on her behalf... they are so in love and want to get married... ohhhh thats a man job yaar.... its awkward... i believe this girl have a past that will shock us as the story move... 

Arjit as Azaan... he fit the chracter as a nawabi... a man who is crazily in love... he also have a bad childhood memory as his father left him & his mom for other woman... nothing much to comment on Azaan for this 1st episode cause normally its take time for me to actually feel for any male lead chracter...lets wait for his interaction with Noor... on which level of bonding that they have with each other... that what i'm looking for in tonight ep...

Not to forget their royal set mesmerized me... the 1st episode of Bahu Begum got 10/10 from me!!!☺

Edited by rehann - 4 years ago

Originally posted by rehann

I fall for Noor... her childlike... her innocence... her mohabbat for azaan....🥰🥰 Sam excel as Noor... i love Noor intro scene... hot... uff her aada... her interaction with her future sis in-law🤣... she so bright & full of character... 

Noor is so carefree... her dance was 🥳... Bhopal is all hers... her territory.. her kingdom... from the episode we can say Noor is a spoilt but adorable girl who always get her way... she not afraid of anything except her khuda... She seems to handle the situation on the surface like a child... but that is the charm of the story... how she eventually become the bahubegum that anyone can ever imagine... 

Diana as Shayra for 1st ep looks so perfect... as a ladylove of a Nawabi... as a future bahubegum... she actually fit perfectly into the picture... but for me she too perfect to be true... i dont know if there is any girl who is so confident to actually hold the hand of your bf mom & tell that she dont have anyone to actually meet them and do this on her behalf... they are so in love and want to get married... ohhhh thats a man job yaar.... its awkward... i believe this girl have a past that will shock us as the story move... 

Arjit as Azaan... he fit the chracter as a nawabi... a man who is crazily in love... he also have a bad childhood memory as his father left him & his mom for other woman... nothing much to comment on Azaan for this 1st episode cause normally its take time for me to actually feel for any male lead chracter...lets wait for his interaction with Noor... on which level of bonding that they have with each other... that what i'm looking for in tonight ep...

Not to forget their royal set mesmerized me... the 1st episode of Bahu Begum got 10/10 from me!!!☺

Thanks for commenting. I love what you wrote for Noor. She was showing off the begum attitude one minute and as soon as she hears the band baaja she is a crazy child just wanting to dance with abandon. The scene where she slaps the guy who was trying to touch her tashreef (bottom) was hilarious. I would do the same if i were in her place even if any man tries to remove something stuck to my kurta. Can't he just tell?! The uncle deserved it. There is a stubborn streak in her but there is also a good loving heart. Her character is more realistic for a girl in her early 20's. She is not perfect but she has a good heart. Thats the beauty of her character. If everything is perfect then there is no scope for learning and growth!

I love Azaan too. I am waiting for his interaction with Noor.

You two described the character really beautifully...👍and yes the set is amazing...

I enjoyed the 1st episode. But in the last 10 min they showed too much drama which is not necessary for 1st episode. 

shayra telling razia that she and azaan love each other and want to get married and also noor coming to say his mother choose her for him. ..they showed this in haste.. they can show this in the next episode.. 

Originally posted by friendlyghost08

You two described the character really beautifully...👍and yes the set is amazing...

I enjoyed the 1st episode. But in the last 10 min they showed too much drama which is not necessary for 1st episode. 

shayra telling razia that she and azaan love each other and want to get married and also noor coming to say his mother choose her for him. ..they showed this in haste.. they can show this in the next episode.. 

Hi Lima. Nice seeing you here.

I guess the conflict between love and friendship has been established since the first promo itself.  So may be they didnt want to waste too much time in establishing it again in the show. But may be as you said, they could go slow.

In the second episode, khalid is going to be introduced. I think, Noor will be probably asked to marry him instead. We have to see how Noor ends up marrying Azaan inspite of that. I think there is more drama coming at us and they wanted to give the crux of the story in the first week itself to generate interest in the viewers. Lets see.

Originally posted by dsr11

Watched the first episode of Bahu Begum and I have to say every frame looked so rich and royal. Commend the producer, art director and the director for the sheer brilliance they unleashed on the small screen. Its not every day that we watch shows presented so well.

Coming to the characters and actors, all of them seem perfect fit for their roles.  Arjit totally looks like a nawab and Diana is pleasant. Simone is regal and I love her voice, diction and her subtlety and grace. Supriya is endearing. The antagonists Mohd Nazim and Amrapali are so charming. My personal favorite would be Noor, of course. She does add spark to the show. She is lucky to have gotten the chance to play Noor and I don't think anyone else would be able to do justice to Noor as Sami effortlessly did. It needs a certain childlike innocent thoughtless selfcenteredness, which is not easy to portray convincingly in an adult character. I am really excited to watch this character's journey in particular. I have seen Sami perform brilliantly in her previous show, and I am sure she will excel this time too. Rooting for her!

Good post and analysis! Lovely to meet you again after ZKM! 😉

Yes, Sami is made for this character! 👍

Originally posted by Manoyana

Good post and analysis! Lovely to meet you again after ZKM! 😉

Yes, Sami is made for this character! 👍

Hi manoyana. Nice seeing you here and thanks for commenting. Yes this character is most certainly made for her. The good thing is that there is so much scope for growth in this character, from a stubborn childwoman to a mature woman to an able minister/queen to her husband.