Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: good.food

I'd like to add an observation during Kangana's controversial interview with Justin.

I remember being blown away by Kangana's diction, her accent, and her vocabulary during her interview with Anupama when she was enjoying the post-Queen success. Earlier I had seen folks make fun of her English accent (a terrible thing to do, but am just stating facts; and yes, Karan was not the only person doing that) irl, e.g. her way of pronouncing dance as dens. I didn't even know that it is possible to alter the way you speak any language so drastically!

Well, during that spat with Justin, her diction was just fluctuating. It almost looked like the person giving post-Queen interviews, and this person publicising Manikarnika during MHK release, are 2 different people altogether!

Well that’s something I remember Nova making an observation of, a couple of times and me agreeing with her....Kangana clearly is a good actress and remembering the dialogues and everything and delivering them effectively goes with the turf......But something out of context gets thrown at her, she mumbles and her real self gets exposed!

Originally posted by: tina59

Well if you read what I wrote I said she went through troubled times too when the HR fiasco came out with HR and the Suman's attacking her along with the Bollywood gang. That's troubled times and she came out of it fighting.

she is at peace with herself and her journey coz she does not fear failure or boycott or abandonment coz if she did , she would be pleasing everyone who can take her higher. Instead, she is living life on her own terms and thats someone who is at peace with herself. Thats my take on it. 

She went through trouble with what? Having to keep up with her own lies?

No person at peace with oneself will go around spouting such filth about other people....You are welcome though to disagree with that!

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

She went through trouble with what? Having to keep up with her own lies?

No person at peace with oneself will go around spouting such filth about other people....You are welcome though to disagree with that!

Thank you and yes I respectfully disagree.

As for changes in her diction, so what. Are we judging people on their diction now. Aren't people who struggle with diction not allowed to prosper and do well. From a person who didn't know english, she has come a long way. This is the "elitist" attitude , diction, language etc etc

Salman for all the diction, language got away with "murder" , Sanjay Dutt for all the diction and language was teaming up with terrorists to blow up Mumbai, Ranbir and the likes are busy using their diction for something else and of course drugs. Kevin Spacey for all the diction and class, was a sexual predator...I could go on and on. 

So if her diction faltered and she is back to speaking in broken english...so what , how does it matter. 

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

no one is going to boycott Kangna or for that matter any popular/controversial stars....all I read on twitter is Kangna kangna kangna....kaun sa boycott😆....she is the daal roti of these media people and u don't mess with ur food....these BW media journalists are the worst of the worse...so I have zero sympathy with them.

Although I seriously want Kangna and Rangoli to calm down and stop bull shitting....they are taking away attention from Kangna's talent and diverting it to the crap that is generated from that twitter account.

No one talks about her acting or movies any more..😳

As for changes in her diction, so what. Are we judging people on their diction now. Aren't people who struggle with diction not allowed to prosper and do well. From a person who didn't know english, she has come a long way. This is the "elitist" attitude , diction, language etc etc

Salman for all the diction, language got away with "murder" , Sanjay Dutt for all the diction and language was teaming up with terrorists to blow up Mumbai, Ranbir and the likes are busy using their diction for something else and of course drugs. Kevin Spacey for all the diction and class, was a sexual predator...I could go on and on. 

So if her diction faltered and she is back to speaking in broken english...so what , how does it matter. 

Good that you yourself took her name along with the other aforementioned...She indeed belongs in that list!

Edited by cricketfan1 - 4 years ago
Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Well I must say that I agree with you on the diction part. Ability to speak English (any language rather) must NOT impact the standing of any human being. 
Ability to speak a language expertly is really superfluous, just like the looks. It is the innermost intelligence, emotions and the personality that should actually matter.

My observation was only that there was a drastic change in diction, which surprised me.

Originally posted by: good.food

Well I must say that I agree with you on the diction part. Ability to speak English (any language rather) must NOT impact the standing of any human being. 
Ability to speak a language expertly is really superfluous, just like the looks. It is the innermost intelligence, emotions and the personality that should actually matter.

My observation was only that there was a drastic change in diction, which surprised me.

Either Tina didn’t understand the point you were trying to make or she just wanted to divert the point...I am hoping it’s the former!

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

Either Tina didn’t understand the point you were trying to make or she just wanted to divert the point...I am hoping it’s the former!

Maybe I didn't, could you elaborate. I understand that her "composed put on or learnt english" fell off and her true self got exposed, is that what she was hinting at..and all this was judged based on her diction?.

does not matter, even a person who has no education, manners, poor diction, poor etiquette have the right to do well and prosper. A person's background and upbringing plays a big role on how they speak and behave but that does not mean , they should not be allowed to do well citing this very reason. Thats my view on it

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

No one talks about her acting or movies any more..😳

Thats her own fault. 😊

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: TakingAStand2

But boycott would mean complete abandonment. Aren’t they still talking about her, ergo not boycotting her? 

As per my understanding they have decided not to cover her events or outings