•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM ~My Musings~8.7.19 ~ House of cards ...

Shah Manzil tome at the moment appears to be like a house cards. Many relatives are painstakingly placed by Mainjaan to form a rather precarious structure under threat of collapsing. Mainjaan used foul proof materials like traditional family values;preached and practiced faith; loyalty and love to form Shah Manzil. But within group dynamics. Individuals vested interests began and continue to weaken the fragile structure of Shah Manzil. What divides the families is the question of who will inherit Mainjaan’s role once he steps down?

Mamoon’s puts all his cards on the table when he barges into his son’s and his would be wife’s new accommodation. Zaroon’s hopes are raised , in his simplicity  he fails to see it’s a business rather than a courtesy call his father pays them!. Mamoon never minced his words and this time too he wasn’t going to. It was a rough scene between father and son, some-what similar in manner like the recent one between Kainat and her mother. The more Mamoon puts down Saltanat , the more Zaroon has good reason to support his "wife". I can understand why Mamoon near enough loathes Saltanat , she proves to be an ongoing impediment in getting to his rightful inheritance . First she fell from the skies! broke Zaroon’s almost done marriage to Kainat Now  the latest set -back is her father Nadeem ‘s investiture to the dargah! Both father and daughter are massive hurdles between his son and his heritage! Mamoon’s behaviour towards Saltanat is appalling and out of order! He  even spurns aside the reality that she is his brother’s daughter! Well it’s selfish times when blood turns cold!  In fact Mamoon calls her selfish, using Zaroon to serve her motives.

Mamoon from his  exalted position, mocks  this couple starting in life. Looking  for a job, to bring bread at the table. It’s no surprise, when he refuses to give Zaroon’s cv, id necessary when applying for  employment. His motive  is to make their life as miserable as possible, so that Zaroon is forced to head home. It’s welcoming to see when Saltanat announces  that she’ll seek for immediate employment  to get by. This infuriates  Mamoon even more , and thus he leaves without Zaroon.

To recover from the uncalled for acidic  and taunting words of their elder. Saltanat and Zaroon have each other to help them smile. Through, the trials they suffer, be it family back lash; or dealing with the stress of frantically seeking employment, facing rejections, setbacks. This bit seemes quite realistic presented. It is a pleasing sight to see, Zaroon being the new age modern man who cooks for his partner,while she is out looking for a job! The way he supports and empowers her, seems to be effective and worthwhile too.    

Talking of cards, there are characters like Kainat and Mamoon who have a card up their sleeve ! some hidden plan which they plan to utilize to their advantage if and when required. For  Kainat and Mamoon ,their  game does suggest cheating to favour oneself.

Kainat never gives up, Zaroon does not return with Mamoon. But she still fulfils her end of the bargain with him. An old video clip of Nadeem. Yet again, winning the card game championship,  becomes the trumpcard! The final use of a stratagem that courtesy of Kainat’s swift and sly handiwork, gives Mamoon a distinct advantage of posing a short shot! hurdle in Nadeem’s  smooth access  to becoming  heir to the dynasty! More importantly  of Nadeem becoming an heir to being the defender of people’s faith.   

Well Nadeem very nearly got to the winning post , but Nadeem and his previous  leisure activity  of playing cards, came under the canopy of gambling… prohibited in Islam, Mamoon flagged up this issue and before other faith heads, suggested it would be  near enough sacrilegious to have an ex-card player, gambler leading the faithfuls

Kainat and Mamoon work undercover. Play their cards well. It was no made up yarn, Nadeem’s phone  is evidence for Mainjaan’s eyes.. the frail old revered figure collapses in disbelief and shock! Poor Mainjaan, not just Nadeem's svideo but other issues too have caused this collapse!

Saltanat after many places where she is turned down, finally   ends up finding employment in catering! Life smiles at both lovers. But not for long  as they are told by Neelam about Mainjaan..9.7.19 hamlet53

I thought the episode  in terms of  job hunting , being turned down,  but  persevering was realistically presented. Simply being together, beside each other, helps to alleviate both, in their commonly shared joys and shortfalls. Positivity appears to bounce  them back! and never is a moment dull for them. Love reigns in their lives..  

Even out of Mainjaan’s emergency state , all Kainat can think about is how Zaroon  return can resolve matters between Nadeem and Mamoon. Medical emergences have the power to draw families together. Only Dadi too ensures, Saltanat and Zaroon stay out of  Shah  Manzil. Dadi in fact wants Mamoon and Nadeem  squabbling. She  still hopes to see Humza could just, still have a chance..

I only muse about how alliances have been formed between children, some tweaked and changed, but the desire to have  the power generated by the existing dynasty  remains top of the agenda..

Thanks ,Lonelythotsand Irshita for your on going support ..love hammie

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

What happens if Mia Jaan dies tomorrow? who gets the inheritance with no successor announced? If the default was Zaroon, Kainaat would happily pull the plug. After all, Zainab only told her to keep her hands off Zaroon and Sultanat.

Who could have possibly missed the fact by this time that Kainaat is evil? Can they stop that "flashing" around her now? We don't need the reminder.

I am warming up to "Sufiyana" love with the last few episodes. I am liking how Zaroon and Sultanat are supporting each other through these difficult times.

PS 

Family vs Individual - What is more important? This is one of the biggest differences in East vs West way of thought and life. In East - family and community come first even at the cost of individual wishes. In West - individual comes first.

Zaroon and Sultanat have come across as selfish as they chose to follow their own path. In order to follow that path, they had to trample over their respective family's wishes and to some extent even the family's honor. Honor part is debatable because the families pushed them into a position where they had to "rebel" to make their choice known.  If I ignore the "sufiyana" aspect, I don't think they are wrong in making their choices, but from the cultural perspective, it looks wrong. 

Edited by Irshita - 4 years ago

originally posted by Irshita.

hello there Irshita

What happens if Mia Jaan dies tomorrow? who gets the inheritance with no successor announced? If the default was Zaroon, Kainaat would happily pull the plug. After all, Zainab only told her to keep her hands off Zaroon and Sultanat.

well  I suggest if he does survive, he needs to ensure he has a will made..and as for  the one heading the dargah, that i understand is a trickey one.. for that may be he should  have a clause which by his authority, allows the other senior ullma's to nominate candidates and by vote elect the deserving person. Humza could be one of the nominees as well.. 

Who could have possibly missed the fact by this time that Kainaat is evil? Can they stop that "flashing" around her now? We don't need the reminder.

well even the cv's are fascinated by Kainat.. and common feature with creatives, they always assume that the viewers are too dense,to work things out for themselves.. on a positive  note may be, the attention is to inform new viewers?

I am warming up to "Sufiyana" love with the last few episodes. I am liking how Zaroon and Sultanat are supporting each other through these difficult times.

I find ther action, forced or not hard to swallow.. i still feel he should have left and inisited for their sufiyana loves sake , to trust him..wait for him.. and he would return to take her, marry her..honourably.. thier action to me seems impractical.. cvs ofcourse want me to believe.. love is passion and impractical..

PS 

Family vs Individual - What is more important? This is one of the biggest differences in East vs West way of thought and life. In East - family and community come first even at the cost of individual wishes. In West - individual comes first.

living where Iam  i see an individual's family unit  as an empowering way of life.. the east..boasts of the family unit, however unstable it may be. one never walks alone, suffers alone.. There are those elderly here, who live on thier own, come under the banner of the vulnerable. their children have grown up, flown the nest and only see thier elderly relatives on  festival days..  Yes in the west, human life is valued more  than perhaps in other areas of the world.. even animals right to live is given value... But  overall  I would go for a fine balance between personal and family life.. its a case of good governance, people need to recognize their roles, strengths ,weaknesses  and give value to  each others needs.. But  in family units, assets, inheritance, competition and comparisons, between offsprings can also lead to discord. Here in the care sector, the first feature that is checked by health sector is whether the patient has any family  or not? Irshita, there is a vast number of old people who end up under state care.. all the more because people live longer..

Zaroon and Sultanat have come across as selfish as they chose to follow their own path. In order to follow that path, they had to trample over their respective family's wishes and to some extent even the family's honor. Honor part is debatable because the families pushed them into a position where they had to "rebel" to make their choice known.  If I ignore the "sufiyana" aspect, I don't think they are wrong in making their choices, but from the cultural perspective, it looks wrong.

what zaroon and saltanat did,  does look rebellious..  more so because, of no social support for them.. i still feel only he should have gone.. she should have not crossed the threshold. she should have stayed back to prove zaroon honourable! thier love honourable! not some dirty, that would  bring slander  not them only by thier complete.. well known family..

ok the good bit is they are finding out about how the other side lives.. seeing that both are aristrocrats !

enjoyed your comment ,thanks Irshita, love hammie