Taarey Short Story - Khamma Ghani [Completed and Migrated] - Page 7

Posted: 4 years ago

Chapter 4 - Ishq mehenga pade, phir bhi sauda kare.

"Is Baar bhai se Mai baat karungi!" She declared. 

Unsure, he responded with,

"Uhm, saath me baat kare?" 

Thinking of how that brings back the balance she was trying to make in the first place, she agreed but when in front of Swayam, Rey holds her hand, feeling shy, she thought it may not be a great idea to talk to him together. As she tries to leave his hand, Swayam understands. His eyes focus on their entwined hands and he exclaims,

"Oh, woah! Oh ok. Ok." He looks at them and his face looks half flustered with the information that just hit him but in a fraction of a second it's just him smiling wide. He hugs them both, one with each arm and exclaims again,

"CONGRATULATIONS GUYS! I'm so glad." They smile. Nothing could have made this start more auspicious than his acceptance.

------------

"Mujhe lagta hai hum incompatibile hai."

This one statement of hers wouldn't leave his mind, and she didn't even let it leave, she kept bringing it up.

They had decided to work on what went wrong and Taani had made a precise report mentally

"We don't share stuff with each other. Humaari priorities bhi alag thi, we clearly had a communication gap and hum, hum ek dusre se alag hai kaafi. That breakup was clear proof. Rey, we're incompatibile."

"Ab problems ki baat hogayi ho toh solutions pe aajaye?" This conversation was more painful than he expected it to be.

"See? Again perception me difference, direction of thinking hi alag hai."

"That's it! Bas, enough of this analysis for today. Ye problem solving ab kal hogi, Abhi tum mere saath chalo."

"Huh? Kaha? Ye abhi toh.."

"Abhi toh relationship ki shuruwaat hui hai, let's go have some light fun. Ye classroom band karo!" He tried changing the topic, and it worked.

"Chalo.." she smiled, she had missed this sense of adventure.

He looked into her eyes, smiled and pulled her along.

They went to a café that had swings and she couldn't control her excitement. Screaming his name she hugged him and he smiled. 

"Maine jab is place ko dekha, I knew tumhe ye acha lagega.." 

"Of course mujhe acha laga, yaha jhule hai!" 

They sat together, her leaning on him and placed their orders. She wanted her spicy pasta and he his specific healthy meal.

She laughed. "We're both so different. How did we even become a couple!" 

He looked at her, why was she talking like this he wondered.

"Hum ek couple hai kyuki maine finally tumhe propose kiya tha after so many fights, remember?" He said fondly.

"Huh? Aapko yaad nahi ki willingly ignore kiya? Pehle propose maine kiya tha, aapse bohot pehle kiya tha."

She retorted and took them both down the memory lane to when that incident happened, when he unknowingly broke her heart.

He lost any sign of happiness, he was speechless now, really clueless about what to say.

"Sorry." He lowered his eyes.

"It's ok Rey, us hi se toh mai strong hui." She held his hand. Rey just didn't know what to feel, something about them was different now. He couldn't put a finger on what it was, nor on whether it was ok or bad.

Her phone rings and seeing Vishesh's video call on the screen Taani gets excited and Rey suspicious. 

"Finally time mila tumhe!" She said recieving the call.

He sees both Taani and Rey together on screen and tries to hide his surprise. 

"Jaan?" He looks questioningly at Taani as Rey narrows his eyes at the screen. She just nods while blushing and Vishesh's face breaks into a huge grin.

"TAANI, Tum finally Maan gayi! Yes!!"

She blushes as Rey tries to absorb this. It would be a while before he could stop thinking of Vishesh as Taani's lover, him calling her Jaan didn't help but this reaction calmed him. Vishesh couldn't stop grinning and continued,

"So, Taarey together huh? best of luck Rey!"

"Kaise fiance ho tum, pehle toh chod ke chalegaye aur ab.."

"Excuse me jaan, cheat tum mujhe karrahi ho! And Rey, bachke rehna is se, dekho mujhe dhokha dediya!"

Rey holds her possessively, not attempting to be subtle or discreet at all and Vishesh raises his eyebrows.

"Rey, mujhe Taani me aise koi interest nahi hai ha, abhi hi Bata du. She's my bestfriend, like...like Sharon tumhaare liye hai."

Rey smiles and breaks eye contact with Vishesh realising his own gesture and Taani half blushes, half smiles.

"Seriously, I'm so glad ki tum log ek dusre ko ek aur chance de rahe ho, I guess you both deserved it. So ab mai third wheel nahi karunga, I'll talk to you later Taani, all's well here ok, bye."

"Bye." They say and she looks at his lost eyes. They didn't seem jealous though, more like hurt. 

"Rey, aap upset hai?"

He attempts to smile at her but it's half-heartedness doesn't escape her notice. 

"Rey?"

"Taani abhi no sad talk, kaha na, Abhi just you, me and a good time." He immediately changes the topic and starts updating her about the dance team and just general stuff they were upto. This wasn't the first time they were having a conversation that the gang was covering what they shared she thought, remembering the day they had their photo shoot and designed their logo, but she knew this time it was intentional. This conversation was escapist, Rey was avoiding something that was hurting him. She tried to figure what it was at the back of her mind but then let it go. It was after really long that they were just together like this. He was right. They could look into it later.

-----------

Once done, she offered to drop him home since they had Swayam's car. 

"Tumne driving seekhli?" He asked excited,

"Ha wo vaapas gayi toh waha realise hua kitni helpless hu. Yaha toh aaplog hai and good public transport, waha koi tha nahi mujhe ghumaane keliye so khud hi karna seekhliya."

"That's greatt!" He exclaimed happily but then in a conflicted state added,

"Oh I mean not that koi waha tha nahi, don't get me wrong it's great that you learnt." He sighed,

"Ugh! Taani yaha tum chaho toh mai tumhe drop karsakta hu then I'll go, mai hu yaha tumhaare liye." He added earnestly. 

She smiled, he really was in a puzzled state.

"Thankyou. It feels great to drive you know, powerful lagta hai. And aap please breathe. Skill seekhliya maine ye toh acha haina, bas backstory sad hai. Just like our breakup." She said this out of habit, she had learnt to speak of the break-up now without feeling sad, it had been months now afterall. He caught some bitterness in her tone though and she didn't realise his face change to a mixture of hurt and guilt. She sat in the car and he corrected his face, put up a smile and sat beside her.

------------

They were standing outside his house and had just bid a bye. Taani had barely started walking back to the car when she stopped feeling the need to say something called out to him.

"Rey" 

"Hmm" he looked at her,

"I missed you" she smiled and he pulled her into his embrace. Her smile gets bigger as she hugs him back tight.

"I missed you too Taani. I love you."

"Hmm" 

That's when the gang enters, as usual making more noise than a group of chimpanzees. They see Taarey and exclaim in their own ways, half just happy, half confused, half suspicious. Their first thought was that Taani was cheating on Vishesh but the fact that she was back with Rey covered it all up. Taani and Rey separated and looked at each other awkwardly, unprepared for this encounter. Sharon sensed this and taking a step ahead said,

"I'm so glad ki there's no bad blood between you two and y'all are good FRIENDS."

"oh friends hai" "dost log" "just friends re" "good friends" everyone whispers and the gang goes on with another of their rants. Swayam's expression changes from blank to happy and Sharon who in that moment is confused as well as suspicious sees his smile and realises that the two dumbos have decided to get together. Excited she marches towards Rey and pulls him out the gate, announcing to everyone that she had some work with him. Just then Vicky walks to Taani and says,

"Teko yaha meeting ke time dekhke na puraane dino ke black and white flashbacks aarahe hai.. wo tera daatna, humara nahi sunna, kya din the ahaa.."

"Bolo toh abhi daatu waapas," She continues his joke and everyone says a no in chorus. She laughs.

"Are nahi wo past me acha tha, abhi tu hasti reh. Tere aane se yaha Swayam Sharon dono bohot hi khush lagrahe hai, infact mohol hi zyaada happy hogaya hai, humaare liye acha hai tu yahi reh."

"Ha Taani, tum yahi raho na" Aashi agrees and the others start talking about other reasons she should stay.

"Reh jao behna, in sab keliye nahi toh tumhaare bhai keliye," he whispers to her dramatically and she laughs. Her time with Rey had left her in high spirits. Smiling she asked the team to continue their meeting and took their leave. She walked to the car when Sharon saw her alone and called her outside.

"Tum dono ne decide kiya hai kya ki kabhi saath hoge toh mujhe nahi bataoge?" She taunted them about this time and the last.

Taani's eyes widen and she asks,

"Bhabhi aapko kaise?"

"Waise hi jaise pichli baar. I have my ways to know the truth." Sharon folds her arms sternly. Taani and Rey look at each other questioningly and Rey was telling Taani through his expressions that he too was clueless about how she knew. When asked what happened, he just told her about the engagement being for Vishesh. She smiled at them, picking up on their wordless communication and hugged them both, just like Swayam had earlier in the day. 

"I'm glad. Dare y'all break up now!" She warns them and Taani gives Rey a half angry look where he just gets annoyed this time. This breakup was being brought up far too much for his comfort. Sharon interrupts any conversation they could have with,

"Bas bas love birds, baaki baatein baadme ab Rey tum chalo before they come out and Taani, ye sab hua kab and kaise ye tum mujhe bataogi. Aaj hi."

Taani smiles and salutes,

"Yes ma'am." 

Sharon drags Rey in and the last words Taani hears her say to him are, 

"Tum dono kitne dumb ho.."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiii,

Do y'all agree with Sharon's last line? I definitely do! What's up guys? How's life? How much importance do Taarey hold for you? Update theek tha na? Kaisa laga bataana.

By the way, the chapter title is a line from the song man lafanga from lafange parindey. Aaj toh mehenga sa lagraha hai, hopefully worthwhile hoga ye ishq..

Can not express in words how much taarey is meant to ME 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗 thank you for updating.....  Loving the progress of taarey and story so far.....  Gang and taani good to see another thing always wanted to see in show....  Thank you...... 😘😘😘😘 and shaani also..... 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Originally posted by anitaanu

Can not express in words how much taarey is meant to ME 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗 thank you for updating.....  Loving the progress of taarey and story so far.....  Gang and taani good to see another thing always wanted to see in show....  Thank you...... 😘😘😘😘 and shaani also..... 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Aww 🌷🌷

Thankyou, haha yes!💝

What taarey means to Me huh REALLY CAN'T EXPRESS MY LOVE TGERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT THAT JODI NOT ONLY AS TAAREY BUT AS VRIMAR TOO I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE THEM TO THE MOON AND BACK ❤️❤️. NEVER THOUGHT I WILL GET ATTACHED TO A TV JODI SO MUCHHHHH.😳

NOW, back to update loved it and yaaI agree with rey this break up break up is happening toooooo much .  Also sharon is right both are dumbos 😆.

Eager to know moreee😊. Please keep updating fast coz now this is only way to feel and relive TAAREY ☺️.  

LOVE TAANREY2101

Originally posted by Taanirey2101

What taarey means to Me huh REALLY CAN'T EXPRESS MY LOVE TGERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT THAT JODI NOT ONLY AS TAAREY BUT AS VRIMAR TOO I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE THEM TO THE MOON AND BACK ❤️❤️. NEVER THOUGHT I WILL GET ATTACHED TO A TV JODI SO MUCHHHHH.😳

NOW, back to update loved it and yaaI agree with rey this break up break up is happening toooooo much .  Also sharon is right both are dumbos 😆.

Eager to know moreee😊. Please keep updating fast coz now this is only way to feel and relive TAAREY ☺️.  

LOVE TAANREY2101

Damn that's such a mood, how did Taarey make such a place in our hearts Mann!!

Hahaha sab paagal hai be!

Sure, will update soon💗🌷

Love,

Trisha 🌺🌺

Originally posted by Nikitaparas

Awesome and update soon

Thankyouu🌷

Working on itt

Awsome update lovely

Taarey bach together