Radha Krishna

The Walking God

stormborn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

I don't know whether I am breaking any forum rule but I need to mention one thing or two about a western show I recently binge watched to express my feelings clearly.

This 2019 show Miracle Workers is about the lives in heaven. The God there is a cynical, nihilistic, indifferent, sociopathic hobo (yet cute and deserves sympathy at times), being funny all the way.

But still I didn't hate him or the show ; rather loved it. But I have been vocal about not liking the recent tracks of RK. So am I being a hypocrite here ? Is it because RK belongs to my religion ? The answer is-> NO ! And one of the reasons behind that is THE GOD THERE WASN'T CAMOUFLAGED AS A VIRTUE TEACHER OR LOVE GUIDE. He was what he was. 

This is what I had been talking about since days----that my religious belief system never had anything to do with my not liking the recent tracks of RK. I am all up for creative liberty, doesn't matter how much of liberty you are taking until you are not wrapping yourself up with spiritual/ divine justification. If your God has to act humane or raw, freaking own it. Don't whitewash it ! That's all I had wanted from RK. But they had to become love professors, didn't they !?

Even the angels were all grey and acted like psychopaths at times in that show (miracle worker) but I still stand by the same point. That's how they were being portrayed. We saw exactly what the writers were showing and we agreed with them. Where the audience would feel that an angel/God himself is wrong, the writer agrees and that's the difference with RK. Here, according to the showmakers, Krishna is entirely white and Ayan is grey whereas we can clearly see that Krishna is grey (mostly black these days) and Ayan is entirely black.

If you replace Radha with a flower vase (or currently a jewellery display board) with a frowning emoji stuck in the front and Balram dau with a blue table lamp, there won't be much difference in the storyline. Not to mention that the character development graph is higher towards the negative coordinates.

So God or not I don't care. I just don't like stories where the writer is being pretentious. A story should have a soul----white black grey vibgyor I don't care, but a soul nevertheless !!!!! AND THIS ONE DOESN'T !!!!!!! THIS IS A ZOMBIE. ALL BODY - NO SOUL - EATS BRAINS - PERIOD.

Edited by stormborn - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters