Bharat is actually not a HIT but a major BO disappointment - KOIMOI - Page 4

Posted: 4 years ago

chalo the immunity is showing signs of slipping at last!koimoi jaise tuchchh sites now becoming bold.... 

Originally posted by NeverGiveAF

Only Bhai-tards want to believe that d film's a HIT.🤪.so let'em be..everyone has the right to stay happy in their own minds 

Speaking to you I know why some eat their own young 😊

Originally posted by RheaSingh

not farfetched but their reply's towards taran who was the only trade guy that called d film a HIT on his twitter..even bollywood hungama the site which he works for, does not claim the movie's a hit nyway

bolly hungama dnt give tags n verdict lol

Originally posted by -MakhanMalaai-

Uncle log ka time khatam hogaya hai bhai log...

uncle nahi janab...

buzurg bolo buzurg🤣

It is a HIT but it is a disappointing HIT, given Salman's standards .. That's it .. He should rethink about being all about the hero of EID, hopefuly Dabbang will live up to the expectations

Pretty sure it's still a hit. But these Khans need to rethink what their fans want to see because as stated, I am sure this film was underwhelming.

Salman Khan is officially over. They been using those Red chillies calculators to drag it to some average tag but it's obvious trade knows the truth. 

Bhaijaan has even started over sharing on SM to fuel people's waning interest in him. There was even an article on this. The desperation is real lol.

Oh and those pathetic geriatric back flip into the water and that sad trying to prove he's still fit video with racing the horse lol....I mean come on...you know when people jump the shark!!

it was actually called a disappointment after its one week run itself...dunno why some ppl r just crying over one koimoi article when there's pretty much material on the same subject out there

Why Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ Is a Disappointment at the Box-Office

SURESH MATHEWUPDATED: 18.06.19

BOLLYWOOD4 min read

5.7k ENGAGEMENT

Salman Khan’s ambitious Bharat hasn’t exactly turned out to be the Eid blockbuster that the makers hoped it would become. Yes, the film will be certified as a “hit” by conventional box-office standards, but measure the latest bhai film with the milestone set by his previous hits, and you’ll see why Bharat falls short.

Though Bharat began on a promising note by collecting a HUGE Rs 42.30 crore at ticket windows in India on its opening day, the film soon ran out of steam. In fact, the drop from Day 1 to Day 2 itself is quite steep, and this dip continues to Day 3. But, the biggest drop comes on Day 6, the first Monday, the acid test for any film, and Bharat took a plunge by over Rs 30 crore.

Check out the day wise collection of Bharat below:

Salman Khan’s <i>Bharat </i>released in 4700 screens in India.Salman Khan’s Bharat released in 4700 screens in India.

Tiger Zinda Hai vs Bharat

Let’s compare the figures of Bharat to Salman Khan’s December 2017 release Tiger Zinda Hai. Like Bharat, YashRaj Films’ Tiger Zinda Hai was directed by Ali Abbas Zafar and featured Katrina Kaif opposite Salman. Though it wasn’t an Eid release, take a look at how the film sustained over 10 days. Between Day 1 and Day 10, Tiger Zinda Hai sees a dip of just over Rs 10 crore. However, the difference in the drop in collections of Bharat between Day 1 and Day 10 is an astounding Rs 38 crore.

Salman Khan’s <i>Tiger Zinda Hai </i>released in 4600 screens in India.&nbsp;Salman Khan’s Tiger Zinda Hai released in 4600 screens in India. 

Sultan vs Bharat

Take a look at the collections of Sultan, Salman Khan’s Eid release from 2016. While there is a significant drop in revenue in domestic ticket sales from Day 1 to Day 10, check out the at way in which Sultan’s collections hold strong over the first 5 days. The word-of-mouth on Sultan was so good that the film registered a higher collection on Day 5 (Rs 38.21 crore) than on Day 1 (Rs 36.54 crore). In comparison, Bharat’s Day 1 to Day 5 dip is almost Rs 15 crore.

Salman Khan’s <i>Sultan </i>released in over 4000 screens in India.Salman Khan’s Sultan released in over 4000 screens in India.

Bajrangi Bhaijaan vs Bharat

Bajrangi Bhaijaan is another one of Salman Khan’s Eid blockbusters. Released in 2015, this film by Kabir Khan also featuring Kareena Kapoor and Nawazuddin Siddiqui in important roles was a rare success also because the critics unanimously loved it. The degree of Bajrangi Bhaijaan’s popularity can be gauged by the way the film sustains its collections on the first working Monday after its release. The film opened at Rs 27.25 crore on Day 1 and while this figure jumped on Day 2 and Day 3, it managed to stay at Rs 27.05 crore on Day 4, a Monday, making it the highest Day 4 collection ever in Bollywood. In comparison, Bharat crashed to a single digit Rs 9 crore on its first Monday.

Salman Khan’s <i>Bajrangi Bhaijaan </i>released in 4200 screens in India.Salman Khan’s Bajrangi Bhaijaan released in 4200 screens in India.

With such terrific box-office figures behind them, the makers of Salman Khan’s Bharat will no doubt be disappointed by their film’s performance. After the debacle of Race 3, does the lukewarm response to Bharat point towards Salman Khan’s reducing influence over the box-office? With a Rs 42.30 crore opening day, no doubt Salman still commands a huge draw at ticket windows, however, this does indicate that a “star” project cannot any longer be guaranteed to fly solo at the box-office if it’s not backed by an equally powerful script.

https://www.thequint.com/lifestyle/light-up-office-efficiently-tips-and-tricks

What is Bharat's budget? What's the P&A? Salman kept bragging about the scale of the film. Must have been north of 100 cr. 

The opportunity cost of giving these screens on Eid to a dud like Bharat is also high. 

Are you kiddin? Bharat is a clean hit at box office. Obviously you wait for  big numbers when it's a salman film. But still bharat did more then 200 cr.. How many   actors can make  more then 200 c and  considered underperformer? Salman power maybe is diminished in the last 2 years now you need content too. Public taste is changing but still his film does more then 120 or 150  thanks his star power alone . Salman is not finished yet.. He will be fine at least for 3 or 4 years.  200 cr is an underperformer  said a lot about salman star power. Salman is the last mega superstar after srk and him there will be just star and content will be the superstar