Posted: 4 years ago

Until a few days ago, Kabir was one of my favourite characters, but as of now, I'm not sure I'm liking where is character is headed. Let me explain.

Not sure how many of you have watched Naamkarann, but it was my favourite show mostly because of the way Zain's character was shaped. Quick summary for anyone who doesn't know the story: Ananya Verma is introduced into the story as having ulterior motives against Dayawanti Mehta (a bigwig in the city). The audience later finds out that Ananya (aka Avni) is an illegitimate child born to Ayesha and Dayawanti's son, Ashish Mehta. Dayawanti was against his son marrying Ayesha and hence killed Avni's mother. Her father disowned her also and as a result, Avni's only motive in life is to exact her revenge from Dayawanti Mehta. Neil Khanna (Zain's character) is a righteous police officer who learns about Avni's past and supports her the entire way through. He fights for her rights and helps her ultimately get justice. What I loved most was that Neil ALWAYS stood by Avni, even if it meant going against his entire family. 

I can't help but make comparisons between Kabir and Neil and it leaves me disappointed everytime. I know Kabir can't be blamed for what has happened. I also understand Kabir's wanting to put the past behind him and begin again on a fresh note. But what I don't understand is that after the big revelation about PK's past and what he did, Kabir didn't have even one conversation with his family. He asked no questions about why the Sr. Mittals did what they did. Any logical person in such a situation, knowing they live amongst family members who have indirectly killed thousands of people, would demand to know why they did it and how they could have brought themselves to do such a thing. But no. All Kabir has been is utterly sweet and kind to his family. As a son, he is performing his duties perfectly...taking care of his family, making sure they have a roof over their heads, finding work, etc. But as a human being? I think Kabir falls short..at least in my eyes. 

As an army man who has fought day in and day out to save thousands of lives...I expected more of a reaction to the fact that his own family has been responsible for taking thousands and thousands of lives. 

As for the precap...I have my own questions about that. Kabir says to Pooja that he will essentially defame her in public. Firstly, defame her for what? Anything and everything she has done has been restricted to only the Mittal family. And even everything she said in the press conference against the Mittals has been perfectly justified and true. So what can Kabir defame her for? It's not like he can call a press conference and accuse her for..well..anything....This tashan game they are playing is not headed anywhere. What I would have loved to see is Pooja trying endlessly to get a reaction out of Kabir, Kabir remaining headstrong and not falling in his cycle of hatred and revenge, and ultimately Pooja giving up and possibly even respecting Kabir. 

Iam very disappointed with the way the revamp has started. This is the first episode when I felt the writing were all over the place. Tashan is not working.

Pooja calling them beggar is so funny. Why will they be roaming on streets? All are educated,Hale and healthy and can obviously work.

The dialogue writer is doing a pathetic job.

Originally posted by kala16

Iam very disappointed with the way the revamp has started. This is the first episode when I felt the writing were all over the place. Tashan is not working.

Pooja calling them beggar is so funny. Why will they be roaming on streets? All are educated,Hale and healthy and can obviously work.

The dialogue writer is doing a pathetic job.

Exactly! Tashan is not working because most people are currently supporting Pooja. Even if they don't agree with her methods, her pain and her past definitely is much stronger and has been harder than what the Mittals are facing. The Mittals are all together now, they are adults, Dhruv, kabir, jay and sonali can definitely get  a job...their situation is not so bad.

On the other hand, we had Pooja and Ishaani who were orphaned at a very young age by their own father's friend... they were left completely alone with nowhere to go. The audience sympathy is definitely towards Pooja even though creatives are really trying to portray her in a negative light. There are a lot of inconsistencies in Kabir's character as well as the script...

Originally posted by -Sanjana-

Exactly! Tashan is not working because most people are currently supporting Pooja. Even if they don't agree with her methods, her pain and her past definitely is much stronger and has been harder than what the Mittals are facing. The Mittals are all together now, they are adults, Dhruv, kabir, jay and sonali can definitely get  a job...their situation is not so bad.

On the other hand, we had Pooja and Ishaani who were orphaned at a very young age by their own father's friend... they were left completely alone with nowhere to go. The audience sympathy is definitely towards Pooja even though creatives are really trying to portray her in a negative light. There are a lot of inconsistencies in Kabir's character as well as the script...

There is no proper reason for Tashan. It's due to the online fans request they hv revamped the show. But trp audiences might hv liked Kavya track who knows?

Thanks Sanjana for your post again.

Until yesterday I was happy with Kabirs Character ..Have not seen the episode yet ..but will give my pov sure 

PS: I have not seen NK

Edited by Sumita18 - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Sumita18

Thanks Sanjana for your post again.

Until yesterday I was happy with Kabirs Character ..Have not seen the episode yet ..but will give my pov sure 

PS: I have not seen NK

Don't know why pooja is humiliating kabir ainavi.

Why is she packing food for them? Did she think they wud roam on streets like them? 

Is Pooja that naive to not understand that wud not happen to sr.mittals. What are they trying to show?

Don't know why pooja is humiliating kabir ainavi.

Why is she packing food for them? Did she think they wud roam on streets like them? 

Is Pooja that naive to not understand that wud not happen to sr.mittals. What are they trying to show?

Kala , I am happy with Pooja and her actions ....Pooja is not daily soap kee positive Lead.. she has different shades ...We will question every steps pooja takes because it does not go  according to us 

As I said -  I need to watch todays episode ... then i can comment 

Edited by Sumita18 - 4 years ago

There is no proper reason for Tashan. It's due to the online fans request they hv revamped the show. But trp audiences might hv liked Kavya track who knows?

To be honest, I didn't watch the show at all when kavya was there...I already guessed what was going to happen... Kavya was going to be the amazingly perfect Bahu who deflects all of Jahnvi aka Pooja's moves..and I didn't want that. Because all in all, Pooja is not a negative character. In my opinion, the show could have been improved if 

a) kavya had not been in the picture at all...would have been easier for viewers to digest Kabir-Pooja romance

b) Kabir had shown a little more sympathy for Pooja and a little more anger towards his family

Not seen NK but all I can saw is all the characters in EBSS are someway or the other flawed.. Kabir is no saint and that's what makes him somewhat realistic I guess.. When it comes to family most of the time we will be selfish and that's what kabir is doing now. 

I think right now due to pk's death he does not want to add more stress to the family.. In future they keep saying bad things about pooja I really want him to show them the mirror. Hopefully this will happen. 

Originally posted by -Sanjana-

To be honest, I didn't watch the show at all when kavya was there...I already guessed what was going to happen... Kavya was going to be the amazingly perfect Bahu who deflects all of Jahnvi aka Pooja's moves..and I didn't want that. Because all in all, Pooja is not a negative character. In my opinion, the show could have been improved if 

a) kavya had not been in the picture at all...would have been easier for viewers to digest Kabir-Pooja romance

b) Kabir had shown a little more sympathy for Pooja and a little more anger towards his family

Is there any Romance at the moment ðŸ˜† ???