Beware of Twitter fangirls!

Posted: 2019-07-03T22:08:22Z

A person on Twitter has said this about IF SPM fandom: 

Things you learn from IF SPM forum:

1. Rajveer is the weakest actor of lot smiley36

2. SaRoon has no chemistry smiley36

3. SaRoon fans love SaRoon coz they are hot & pretty smiley36

4. Twitter SaRoon fans are young shallow girls who can't see the 'inner beauty' of Kainat smiley36

Even though I quit the show, I used to be part of the SPM IF forum. This type of attitude sickens me. A story exists not only to love but also to criticize. India Forums exists so that people can express all opinions. IF fandom consists of people that love and hate SaRoon. We have never prevented a SaRoon fan from posting on here. Only the people that are indifferent towards SaRoon have been more vocal and thats not our fault. Twitter only has people that are openly vocal about loving SaRoon and thats not their fault. We are actively critiquing the writers for wrecking the characters. We have been pretty clear that we have no problem with SaRoon. We have a problem with the writers destroying Kainat and Zainab for their Sufiyana love. This is a valid concern that IF viewers have. These Twitter girls have no right to tell us otherwise. I don't have a Twitter account so I didn't respond to this person there. Besides, I probably couldn't fit all this in 280 characters anyways. If Twitter is a safe place for SaRoon fans then India Forums is a safe place for fans where we are able to criticize every character not just swoon over the Sufiyana couple. 

I believe this person is aiming at me when talking about points 3 and 4. For point #4, they obviously can't read properly. I have clearly said that Kainat used to have inner beauty before the makers wrecked her. Where did I mention that she still has inner beauty? I am upset makers have ruined her for the couple. SaRoon can have their story but Kainat should have gotten her own individual story. For point #3, I admit I was harsh about the Twitter fandom. I will say though this is exactly what makers have shown. They have shown Zaroon to be a hot guy that can only love a pretty Saltanat. They rushed their love story to the point where Sufiyana love happened in 2 episodes when they didn't even know each other. Is this what true love is? Loving a person's face is how true love starts? Didn't Saltanat have a magical revelation where her inner ego told her she loved Zaroon? How and why? What exactly had Saltanat done at that point for Zaroon to fall so deeply in love? The same thing can also be said for Sultanate's sudden love for Zaroon. It was shown to be an outer beauty attraction. This is a legitimate critique. 

For Point #1, I believe @Irshita mentioned this. Whats wrong with stating this? Rajveer is being overshadowed by veteran actors and he is one of the least experienced ones on the set. Helly is doing such a good job that Rajveer needs to work harder to match her. I believe @Hamlet53 had said that they hope Rajveer improves professionally. If we criticized Rajveer then we also praised Helly and how easy it was for this person to conveniently skip that part? 

For #2, @aishwarya12joys said that they share a "watchable" chemistry. Translation: they have good chemistry which is the only thing working for SaRoon because the writer did not do a good job in showing the progression of love between these two. Its been 3 months and Zaroon has succeeded in changing Saltanat's Inkaar to Ikraar. The show's premise has been fulfilled. What's the plot now? Isn't it basically destroying Kainat again and again where SaRoon emerge victorious every time and "true love" conquers all? I wonder why TRP isn't going above 0.5....

The main thing IF fans ask for is for the makers to give proper justification to the characters. We have no problem climbing aboard the SaRoon ship as long as all the characters are given justice. There is no need to ruin any one character for the sake of the other. I have no intention to humiliate this person. If I wanted to, I could've copied and pasted their actual tweet showcasing their account. Even though this post seems very malicious, I don't have that intent. Its just that I am not the type to just sit quiet when someone doesn't read my posts properly and manipulates my words. 

I just want Twitter people to understand that opinions exist. If you have a problem with them then feel free to debate with us. Do not make fun without even reading the justifications of IF readers. Also, read our posts properly. We support our arguments with actual scenes from the show. We have more than 280 characters so we actually dissect each scene and criticize all aspects and all characters. Stalking on social media goes both ways. I am not a fan of indirect cowardly taunts. The person who tweeted this knows who they are and I'm sure they will read this post. You can attack me directly and it wouldn't bother me one bit. I could also directly attack you by exposing you but I don't have a right to do that and embarrass you so I kept it all anonymous. 

Posted: 2019-07-04T01:11:01Z

@Arshian - I must have offended a Rajveer's fangirl hard since this is the first point. I didn't even know the name of the guy - I don't really care either. Bottom line, I am glad people take enough interest in the show to read our rantings. They may agree or disagree, that's their prerogative.  

The core premise of this show is complete - Zaroon and Sultanat have accepted each other. Let's see what comes next. 

Posted: 2019-07-04T01:19:12Z

Heloo Arshian. as always great to see you..

Interesting post.. like yourself my loyalty goes towards IF..have been writing and following many shows since 2010.. then in 2011, I became active and to this day, have never regretted being on it..Twitter and other sites have never engaged me as a writer. Now as for SPM forum, I feel our forum is  welcoming to any new members. I don't feel, there are any here who squabble or pick fights with each other on the basis of fandom. members on our forum, agree to disagree but are also well aware of the defined IF rules too.. we don't pick on actors in a downgrading manner. if at all we express our views about actors, its upon their portrayal of the character they are enacting.

Saroon chemistry..  its secondary for me, characterization, plot treatment , is primary for me. Helly stands out the most in characters as she brings to life very two different characters, who look alike as well. The beauty of Kainat and Saltanat  lies in their similarity yet  differentiation.. I view them as separate entities.. they bounce off each other as a glaring contrast.. it has to be to balance the momentum of the plot..

Kainat, yes I have said it before she engages me. I am bitter her dreams have turned into nightmare. Currently I want to know who have failed her? will she remained as the dark angel,  or will she get a chance to redeem herself.

Lastly, with due apologies, I am not watching the show for romance.. only, the family dynamics, traditions, complexities , the plotting and conniving and the intrigue also engages me. I love and defend our forum and our valued members whose varied views encourage  me to muse.. Arshian thanks for your post.. Twitter fans we have no hard feelings for anyone.. shall we just enjoy the Show, as Iam sure our fine actors would hate to see fandom wars.. Peace and respect … much love Hammie

Edited by Hamlet53 - 2019-07-04T01:23:44Z
Posted: 2019-07-04T03:20:28Z

Originally posted by Irshita

@Arshian - I must have offended a Rajveer's fangirl hard since this is the first point. I didn't even know the name of the guy - I don't really care either. Bottom line, I am glad people take enough interest in the show to read our rantings. They may agree or disagree, that's their prerogative.  

The core premise of this show is complete - Zaroon and Sultanat have accepted each other. Let's see what comes next. 

LMAO its very hard to criticize on Twitter. Some people get offended too easily and I believe some have left the Twitter SPM tag. The show can really use that added online presence. Fandoms are becoming too divided. Not sure how the show is going to make it through all this.  

Edited by Arshian14 - 2019-07-04T04:25:08Z
Posted: 2019-07-04T03:44:16Z

Originally posted by Hamlet53

Heloo Arshian. as always great to see you..

Interesting post.. like yourself my loyalty goes towards IF..have been writing and following many shows since 2010.. then in 2011, I became active and to this day, have never regretted being on it..Twitter and other sites have never engaged me as a writer. Now as for SPM forum, I feel our forum is  welcoming to any new members. I don't feel, there are any here who squabble or pick fights with each other on the basis of fandom. members on our forum, agree to disagree but are also well aware of the defined IF rules too.. we don't pick on actors in a downgrading manner. if at all we express our views about actors, its upon their portrayal of the character they are enacting.

Saroon chemistry..  its secondary for me, characterization, plot treatment , is primary for me. Helly stands out the most in characters as she brings to life very two different characters, who look alike as well. The beauty of Kainat and Saltanat  lies in their similarity yet  differentiation.. I view them as separate entities.. they bounce off each other as a glaring contrast.. it has to be to balance the momentum of the plot..

Kainat, yes I have said it before she engages me. I am bitter her dreams have turned into nightmare. Currently I want to know who have failed her? will she remained as the dark angel,  or will she get a chance to redeem herself.

Lastly, with due apologies, I am not watching the show for romance.. only, the family dynamics, traditions, complexities , the plotting and conniving and the intrigue also engages me. I love and defend our forum and our valued members whose varied views encourage  me to muse.. Arshian thanks for your post.. Twitter fans we have no hard feelings for anyone.. shall we just enjoy the Show, as Iam sure our fine actors would hate to see fandom wars.. Peace and respect … much love Hammie

Always the peacemaker, Hammie. I love that about you. I am by no means saying that IF is superior. We are not at all superior and Twitter is certainly not inferior. It just ticked me off that this Twitter user has manipulated all of our words to make it seem as if we are supporting Kainat and her acts. We are against Kainat's acts completely. We are against the writers for destroying her character. There was no need for this. Its not fair that we are being made the villain here because of this Twitter user's misunderstanding of our words. This person is actively spreading hate against IF and that is not OK. 

Posted: 2019-07-04T06:11:31Z

Hello dear, I'm fan from twitter and part of spm fd. We don't have problem with your views as it will be better for show but name calling Twitter fans as shallow minded is not done. Everyone can have their own opinion and we respect it as much as you people do! I don't get it why you are targetting us and again saying we are targetting IF fans. We never actually discussed about India forums but that name calling part triggered whole fd and reacted for first time. It's like India forums fans are some superiors and others are dumb! It's not done dear...respect should be from both sides. we don't want any fanwars between 2 platforms for same show. It's better not to mix both platforms and continue giving our views.

Posted: 2019-07-04T06:38:08Z

Hey Arshian

I m not in favour of the person who made this post on Twitter, .neither of those who ridicule others for having a different pov. If few of them feel Rajveer has to improve and Saroon doesn't have chemistry, that's totally fine.

Not everyone is bound to think the same.

The real problem is mixing up two platforms which are nothing but toxic. I think Twitter and IF should stay separate. I have no clue who said Twi fans are shallow ..and it badly triggered them.

Regarding SPM, twitter and IF operate on totally different terms and hope people understand this. This whole business of stalking IF posts, picking only those points which trigger people and stirring a far between two platforms of same show is totally ridiculous. I wonder why no one tweets about hammies excellent analysis after every episode, praises for helly and other analysis and had conveniently picked what would trigger people. 

It's highly provocative whoever cited twitter to be shallow ...and same goes for the person who made this post on twitter. That one word triggered everything. 

I think it's in best of both not to bring any of twi discussions here and twi should keep it to themselves. If any issue with any post or point, it should be dealt in the same platform ..not over another which messes up things, which happened.

Only if the person who made this post on Twitter could have made an account here and had a discussion, things would have been much better. Have a problem with IF? come to IF  and deal. Have a problem with twitter, People are welcome to go there and sort. IF has a rule right! we cant discuss twitter here? No!

.Let the peace prevail is what I can hope. All this is not good for the show.

Lucky

Posted: 2019-07-04T17:08:09Z

Originally posted by seebu_s

Hello dear, I'm fan from twitter and part of spm fd. We don't have problem with your views as it will be better for show but name calling Twitter fans as shallow minded is not done. Everyone can have their own opinion and we respect it as much as you people do! I don't get it why you are targetting us and again saying we are targetting IF fans. We never actually discussed about India forums but that name calling part triggered whole fd and reacted for first time. It's like India forums fans are some superiors and others are dumb! It's not done dear...respect should be from both sides. we don't want any fanwars between 2 platforms for same show. It's better not to mix both platforms and continue giving our views.

You seem to be a rational viewer. Glad to meet you. Let me clarify a few things and I request you to relay our views to the Twitter fandom. 

This whole shallow-minded fiasco was started by me. Please give me a chance to explain myself. When I called the fandom "young", I did not mean this as an insult. I have said in my posts before that social media is dominated by younger audiences who demand more realism. I'm not sure how this is an insult but I apologize if it is misconstrued in a different manner than I intended. I am not talking about 12 year olds that like sappy romance. I am taking about young adults that are active on social media. I consider IF to be young as well. Coming to the shallow-minded aspect, I apologize profusely. I went back to my original post where I said this and realized it came out completely wrong. I have always said SaRoon love is shallow NOT twitter people. I didn't proofread my post properly and I can't believe the mess it created. Believe me, I do not consider the fandom shallow. I consider the SaRoon love shallow as the makers have executed their characters poorly. 

Of all the 4 points the author of the original post has mentioned, only #4 was accurate. They have every right to be offended and call me out on it. I have no problem with that. Points 1-3, on the other hand, are made up and the author has taken advantage of the 280 characters and deleted some very important aspects of IF discussions. Since you are an IF user as well, have you seen anyone of us defending Kainat's pysho phases? We feel sympathy for her because of how her character is being treated but we are by no means supporting her kidnapping and murder attempts. This Twitter author has made us seem like psychopaths who are still going on about K's "inner beauty". That phase has stopped long ago. This person has actively spread false rumours about how IF users really are. Twitter definitely has a bigger fandom and thats great for them. This person has taken advantage of that and spread hate against IF. Also, I want to this let this person know that YOU ATTACKED US, WE DEFENDED OURSELVES. There is a difference between a victim and a defender. If you spew poison, we are more than capable of spewing poison back. 

I really request you to inform Twitter users to read this entire thread. I request them to give us a chance to explain ourselves. Do not blindly believe everything you read. This Twitter user was probably phishing for likes and probably likes to stir the pot. Don't fall in that trap and I urge everyone to keep an open mind.