Preetan OS /Second Chance in Love\*3/7

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

PS: Please read PreeRan OS 'Our Unlucky Love' before you read this. 

OurUnluckyLove

Karan Luthra packed his bag and departed his room after locking it properly. He entered and lift and pressed the button to reach the ground floor. He kept the keys in the reception and went out to find a cab.

"When is your flight?" Beeped Sameer's message on his phone.

"In an hour." He replied and put his phone on silent.

He had not visited his home for a year, actually since Preeta and Rishab's marriage. He always pretended he was busy but it was evident to Sameer that he was avoiding home. After all, he was the only one who was the witness of the golden days he spent with Preeta.

Karan didn't even wait for Rishab and Preeta to get married. He left to London with an excuse for a cricket match one day before their engagement. Till then, he has not turned towards his home, not even once. The fact that Preeta was now his brother's wife, was killing him from inside.

He thought he was strong but as Rishab and Preeta's marriage date neared, he realized that he was not. He was not strong enough to see his love becoming someone else's, and moreover, of his own elder brother. The only way he could find to fight his feelings was to stay away from them as much as possible. So he left India and had team trips every month to different places and if there was no work, he would lie to his mother of sudden event and stay in another country.

In this time period of one year, he had never spoken to Preeta or hear about her whereabouts. He didn't want his feelings to take over, neither he wanted to make it awkward for her. He also didn't congratulate Rishab for his marriage and was quite surprised why he didn't he asked about it. Soon, Karan decided to ignore it.

But he had realized in this time span that Sameer was the only one who asked Karan to come back as soon as possible. Not even Rishab. His mother would call him every day and ask, but would not argue even a bit if he says he can't. He was somehow happy because he would never like to hurt his mother.

But in the coming week, he didn't has a choice. He has to go home because he has a test match in India itself. He knew he has to face it someday but he wasn't sure that he was ready yet. Ready to face her, ready to face Preeta. He boarded the flight and waited to land India.

Karan entered his house and his heart started beating faster. He realized that the fact that she was near him, affected him. It was difficult for him to not think about from her when they were far but it would be next to impossible for him to control his feelings when they will be living under the same roof.

"Karan!" His mother hugged him as soon as she saw him.

He was greeted by everyone, his parents, Rishab, Sameer, Dadi, Kareena Bua. But his eyes searched for only her. He wasn’t sure what would he say to her when he would see her. They all looked happy but something was there, that was bothering them. It was evident in their eyes.

"Is everything fine?" Karan asked.

"Yeah... yes!" Replied Rishab. "All okay."

But it didn't convince him. He looked towards his mother, she gave him an awkward smile. Then his gaze turned towards Sameer. He had hope in his eyes but he realized that his mouth has been shut up by the family. He looked at his family again. They exchanged glances. He was now sure that they were concealing something.

"Okay, that's enough," Karan stated. "Now just tell me what has happened and where is Preeta?"

He finally asked only to see his family getting uncomfortable. He realized that something was really wrong.

"Will anyone say something?" He was angry now. "Sammy, speak up!"

"Bhai," Sameer started only to be stopped by Kareena.

"Sameer!" She exclaimed.

"That's enough, Bua." He said. "It's high time we tell him the truth."

"What truth?" Karan asked.

"Rishab Bhai and Preeta Di aren't married." Sameer sighed.

Karan drove his car recklessly. He wanted to reach Preeta as soon as possible. Sameer's confession that Rishab and Preeta aren't married had shaken him from inside. He needed to be answered. He owes her with those. He stopped his vehicle in front of her house and knocked on the door after letting out a shaky breath.

"Karan!?!" Preeta sighed as she opened the door.

Her eyes met his, and they welled up. Seeing each other after one year glimpsed out the past memories. The pleasant waits, those yearning eyes, and their thirsty sights, some unfinished talks, those promises to meet again, those kisses, those hungry arms.

"Why did you do that?" Karan asked somehow.

"Did what?" Preeta asked in a weak tone.

"Why didn't you get married?" He asked as he came inside the house.

"Then what would have I done?" She replied as tears rolled down her cheeks. "I couldn't marry him. I just couldn't. You left me alone when I needed you the most. But I realized that I was being unfair. What was I doing? I was betraying my love for you and insulting my friendship with Rishab Ji by marring him forcing both of us in a loveless life. I wasn't as strong as you, Karan Luthra. I just couldn't do that."

And she cried her heart out. She was suppressing her emotions and it vents out in front of him. Karan held her shoulders and then wiped her tears. His love for her has grown deeper, he realized it the moment she touched her. Preeta couldn't control herself and hugged him tightly.

"I told him that I can't marry him because I love someone else." She said and Karan broke the hug and looked at him. "Don't worry. I didn't take your name. I said I am waiting for him."

"Why didn't you spoke to me then? Neither my family told me." He asked.

"I told them not to," Preeta replied wiping her tears. "I didn't want you to feel bad and angry with me for not marrying your brother. And moreover, you took the promise that I shouldn't try to contact you. So I didn't."

Karan shook his head on her. He couldn't understand why does she love him so much. But he understood, what was the right thing to do right now.

"In that case, Preeta Arora; Will you marry me?" He said as he cupped her cheeks.

"Karan?"

"Will you marry me, Preeta?" He repeated.

"Yes!" She squirmed and jump into his welcoming arms.

Karan knew Rishab was important for him but Preeta was important too. He couldn't hurt Rishab but he also couldn't live without Preeta. He decided to talk to Rishab and his brother was mature enough to understand his love for both of them. All he knew was he loved Preeta and she loved him. They had a future, a happy and prosperous life, together. They indeed got a second chance in love.

Hola guys! So as many readers wanted a second part for the Preetan "Our Unlucky Love", so here it is.

Hope you like it don't forget to like and comment!

My Index

*Shiri's Dreamland*

Edited by ShirishaTeddy - 4 years ago