Madhuri & Hrithik on the sets of Dance Deewane 2 - Page 4

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by Sorein

Ok fair enough regarding the ability to emote on screen. I guess I can’t relate to these women’s choice to become slave of peer pressure and the industry. I understand in the early stages of one’s career but once you have proven yourself, if you still feel pressurised to be someone you are not I feel you either need to become a trail brazer or find a niche where you will be leas popular/successful but happier, or just venture into something else. That’s the main reason why I respect Katrina despite all the surgery and some of her questionable choices. You can tell that she is now trying to get away from her past image and her vain self to go into a different path (venturing into business, trying to do less sexy roles, less surgery, less relationship drama/PR, etc). Kylie said she started Botox on her face way before cancer and she felt she couldn’t stop because she felt pressurised to look youthful.

I'm afraid your take on show business is somewhat idealistic, to put it mildly. Who's to say Madhuri is not happy, though? And she was a trail blazer in her chosen profession many times. Notice that some of her trailblazing film projects (Mrityu Dand, Gaja Gamini, Dedh Ishqiya) failed at the box office and are still used to mock her choices and portray her as a flop artist. See, that's how pressure works in show business. As to Kylie, I meant literally all of her body. Damn cancer.