With all due respect...

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM~ My Musings~ 28.6.19 ~ With all due respect ..

Sultanats bold,unexpected yet timely intrusion, puts a brake yet again on a marriage fromhappening in the Shah family since Nadeem’s wedding. For all intent purposes, the families are expected to come out with their responses. For Kainat’s scheduled wedding not going through there is an uneasy silence. But for Saltanat’s breakaway from tradition! there is much indignation, and fury. Even though Saltanat tries to express her love openly with all due respect to her elders,  it is dismissed as an excuse to malign family honour and respectability that Mainjaan in particular took years to build. Sufiyan love or selfish love? blind to family unit’s respect.

With all due respect to whoever it may concern, the episode to me, also shows some bold patriarchal leanings. Heads of the families seem to be in charge, like Mamoon and Mainjaan. But women  too in the roles they hold  seem to fight for a cause. For starters,there’s Saltanat with her polite assertiveness who fights for her love. The cause of her Sufiyana love that happened despite her trying to keep a lid on it. Zaroon appears weak in comparison to his adamant father, and only follows suit to profess his love, after Saltanat voices her confession. One which is dismissed by Mainjaan  and judged as sin for giving no regard to the boundaries of decency ,values and traditions she was nurtured in.

As is common in traumatic scenarios, people look to blame each other. Mamoon blames Saltanat for literally snatching away his golden chance of inheriting the legacy. Right at the moment when Zaroon was nearly married to Kainat.  I actually clapped for Mamoon  when he literally yells at his son, why he fouled up marrying Kainat? As he came from Canada to marry her and not Saltanat! Saltanat despite her pleas about the purity of love is grilled both by Mamoon and Mainjaan,  the authoritarians patriarchs of the family..

With due respect to the mothering instinct that can make mothers selfish. We see a violent face-off  between Rubina and Zainab. Mind you, even Zainab agrees with whatever Rubina dishes out at her.  However the way Rubina  violently intimidates Zainab made me feel quite sorry for Zainab. Seems that it is common knowledge that she was battered wife.So in this scene we see a posh , modern Rubina behave nothing short of a fish wife! bit of bully, I say ..

To me at first Mainjaan appears to be obsessed by losing his credibility, respectability in the community. He seems austere and very nearly an orthodox, in side lining everything that Saltanat mentions about the purity of love! Only Mainjaan puts it all down to Saltanat’s behaviour in  particular, her ridiculing the values she  was brought her up in! Only one thing understandably, matters to Mainjaan.His uprightness, his morality and propriety in the community. Their so called, love he chastises them, is an excuse to shame his honour!,

But taking one step back, with due respect to a reverent figure head like Mainjaan, I can see where he is coming from! It's not that he didn’t give Zaroon and Saltanat the chance to speak up their hearts and minds. Mainjaan did! and they both did not come clean with him. But they chose a day when the whole community is present and then they confess their love shamelessly as he calls it!

With due respect to Zainab her confession about putting Saltanat under oath becomes her saving grace. She has to defend both Zaroon and Saltanat , by doing the right thing of owing up to her involvement in making their love look sinful.But this confession adds more salt to Mainjaan’s wounds.

However when he takes Zainab to task also , accusing her of liberating them; coercing them to go against traditions. Zainab’s reply is spine chilling.. that under the garb of family traditions and values, many atrocities happened behind closed doors. Traditions were broken! she should know, as none came to her rescue, bound by some sham traditions!

As such the last thing she desires for Kainat is to be part of a loveless marriage! Zainab’s comment about her own rather violent marriage, also is a rebuff to all those ,like Sabina who point out that Zainab ruined her own child Kainat’s marriage to speak of Saltanat’s true love for Zaroon..

Actually, Mainjaan reprimands Zainab, wants to clarify with her if she finds his sense of moralityand ethics faulty? He is clearly hurt, because this whole mess between Saltanat and Zaroon is incited by  Zainab. He tells her she is using their love as  a pretext to insult him and the family?

Actually this makes me wonder, does Zainab begrudge Mainjaan? that he never took his wife beater son to task. Did Mainjaan fail to detect signs of physical abuse on Zainab? Or did he just chose to ignore them as a husband and wife matter? Now this public humiliation that Mainjaan suffers, does Zainab regret it? or is she pleased to see him suffer too? all done in Mainjaan ‘s words, disrespect under the excuse of  love… 29. 6.19 hamlet

Apart from Dadi nit picking and creating problems; and Neelam’s sick humour.. Kainat reacts only by a cold stare, and perhaps some concern when Zaroon is thrown out as a bad omen for his household! by Mainjaan himself!

The episode with all due respect to it, is rather, sullen and sombre compared to the fervour of the initial match. Now that the end game is over.. I am waiting to see more of Kainat’s reaction. Today she just quietly watches from the shadows as her mother, who she too has a bone to pick with! is hammered by the most revered Mainjaan. As for Zaroon’s getting Saltanat , Kainat can see its not going to be easy! For now  Zaroon is thrown out unceremoniously, from Shah Manzil

Thanks Anju,Irshita ,Lonelythots and Nusi! super to see you doc! welcome back love hammie have a good weekend!

Hamza for heir?

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

Hello hammie, 

Am confused.. so did miajaan actually know how his son was cruel to his wife? Honestly that would be a huge downfall for him.. what kind of a community and religious leader he is if he couldn’t protect the women of his own household ? 

It also brings light to the fact that he has coerced both his sons to a marriage both did not want , all in the name of “badon ki baat pe chalna” .. Just that nadeem turned out to be the nicer one but kainaat’s father turned out to be vile.  

I quite understand Miajaan’s anger .. he has been disgraced too many times  in public and what sort of love it is if it only brings disgrace to the family.. he is literally fed up with these love games played between the children.. his two children love the same man and in a way, may be its right that the man is sent out of their lives so that peace could prevail in the house.. 

I quite liked zainab for owning up to her mistakes and also fighting sultanat’s case in front of miajaan.. Zainab did make all the right points to every question/ allegation directed towards her..

I found the Rubina- zainab scene misplaced.. may be an editing botch-up.. I guess , it should’ve come after the ensuing drama played out.. since Rubina clearly denies in a scene later to nadeem that she didn’t know of Zainab’s Misdeed and also how did rubina come to know before all about zainab’s promise.. 

Humza seems to be a genuine friend to zaroon as to how he was happy that his love was getting fulfilled.. and loved neelam’s response to him that everyone’s love does get fulfilled.. if not the first time, then god has better things planned for him.. I think he truly does deserve someone better.. 

So finally, the talk about gaddi.. right now humza does deserve it.. but am sure with dadi manipulating humza and may be even kainaat , his fall to disgrace will come soon and zaroon will come to the rescue. Miajaan will have to eat humble pie and make zaroon the rightful heir.. 

I need to watch yesterday show to put my points.

originally posted by Lonelythots

Hello hammie,  hello Lonelythots was watching icc.. so now match over and me here..

Am confused.. so did miajaan actually know how his son was cruel to his wife? Honestly that would be a huge downfall for him.. what kind of a community and religious leader he is if he couldn’t protect the women of his own household ? 

well you saw the episode, Mainjaan heard her plea, but rounded off by challenging her, that  she didn't think his ethic were right.?   yes, this Zainab being subjected to  domestic violence  and mainjaan silent about it, does cast a shadow on his noble and just persona..that leads the community. 

It also brings light to the fact that he has coerced both his sons to a marriage both did not want , all in the name of “badon ki baat pe chalna” .. Just that nadeem turned out to be the nicer one but kainaat’s father turned out to be vile. 

you are so right in raising this point Lonelythots 

I quite understand Miajaan’s anger .. he has been disgraced too many times  in public and what sort of love it is if it only brings disgrace to the family.. he is literally fed up with these love games played between the children.. his two children love the same man and in a way, may be its right that the man is sent out of their lives so that peace could prevail in the house.. 

I hate to admit this, but Zaroon does stand out as the odd one out,  being a foreigner, falling short of the existing customary values and traditions, surely he should  have know the outcome of silly games he was playing! really messing about  with a much respective figure head of the community..

I quite liked zainab for owning up to her mistakes and also fighting sultanat’s case in front of miajaan.. Zainab did make all the right points to every question/ allegation directed towards her..

yes..  what she did was the right thing, done with great foresight.. as her involvement , had it been exposed before Mainjaan, by Rubina, zaroon, or Sultanat.. it would have looked like a dirty conspiracy..

I found the Rubina- zainab scene misplaced.. may be an editing botch-up.. I guess , it should’ve come after the ensuing drama played out.. since Rubina clearly denies in a scene later to nadeem that she didn’t know of Zainab’s Misdeed and also how did rubina come to know before all about zainab’s promise.. 

yes  Rubina didn't want trouble coming her way..like knowing about it yet she let it happen.. i found the scene  as violence shown towards Zainab.. like any  one can kick her about

Humza seems to be a genuine friend to zaroon as to how he was happy that his love was getting fulfilled.. and loved neelam’s response to him that everyone’s love does get fulfilled.. if not the first time, then god has better things planned for him.. I think he truly does deserve someone better.. 

yes thats very true Humza's bonding  with Zaroon is genunine..  as for  Neelam, if nothing else she talks positive towards  her brother..

So finally, the talk about gaddi.. right now humza does deserve it.. but am sure with dadi manipulating humza and may be even kainaat , his fall to disgrace will come soon and zaroon will come to the rescue. Miajaan will have to eat humble pie and make zaroon the rightful heir.

hope Humza gets the  hiership, he gels well with the people, is hands on deck with dargah jobs  zaroon only has  one thing on his mind win saltanat!.... but your thoughts are intresting  nevertheless,  you never know

many thanks for your regular thoughts.. look forward to reading them Lonely thots.. love hammie

Originally posted by Anu..

I need to watch yesterday show to put my points.

okey dokey will look out for your views..

😊hammie

Some of the secrets came out:

- Mia Jaan will do anything to maintain his rutba and izzat. For all his words, when push comes to shove, he would rather a mirage of a happy family to maintain his status than a happy family that is in odds with his thoughts and customs.

- Mia Jaan knew about Zainab's condition but as long as it was behind closed doors, he didn't care.

- Again a mention of ehsaan - made it quite clear that Sultanat is Zainab's birth child. I don't want to call her Zainab's daughter because Rubina actually cares for her as a mother. Zainab cares more for her own daughter. If Kainat hadn't physically abused Zainab, I doubt she would have pushed so hard to unite Zaroon and Sultanat.

- Sultanat is sorry but not sorry types - Annoying people who apologize with a 'but' in the sentence.

I liked the Rubina-Zainab scene the best. Rubina was literally vibrating with anger. I agree with @lonelythots that seemed misplaced because, at that point, the family did not know about Zainab-Sultanat deal. Yes- she pushed Zainab back but I can see why she didn't want any consolation and excuses from Zainab.    

the family confrontation was good though why were Humza and family there? Even though they live in the same house, technically they are outsiders - often treated as such by the rest of the family.

I didn't like sultanat's dialogues and explanations but the family confrontation made it very clear that Sultanat would have confessed long ago if Zainab had set her free. I am getting more and more on the page with Zaroon and Sultanat's love. With Zaroon thrown out of the house and Mia Jaan being against the alliance, they may finally have a story. 

I wanted Sultanat or Zaroon to acknowledge the impact of the wedding fiasco on Kainaat. After all, except Zainab, no one knows her truth. 

Edited by Irshita - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Irshita 

hello  there Irshita.😃 good to see you..

Some of the secrets came out:

yes how exciting..

- Mia Jaan will do anything to maintain his rutba and izzat. For all his words, when push comes to shove, he would rather a mirage of a happy family to maintain his status than a happy family that is in odds with his thoughts and customs.

makes me anxious to note that thier may be shades of hyprocrisy in his characterization as well. Will the cv's rip all the characters, to glorify and justify the sham Ishq of Saltanat and Zaroon

- Mia Jaan knew about Zainab's condition but as long as it was behind closed doors, he didn't care.

yes this was the most alarming  revelation..

- Again a mention of ehsaan - made it quite clear that Sultanat is Zainab's birth child. I don't want to call her Zainab's daughter because Rubina actually cares for her as a mother. Zainab cares more for her own daughter. If Kainat hadn't physically abused Zainab, I doubt she would have pushed so hard to unite Zaroon and Sultanat.

may be so.. the good bit is that Zainab defended the sufiyana lovers.. in a way as she mentioned she saved Kainat too from a loveless /minus respect marriage.. Mind you i would imagine Zainab  still faces the bull she will get from Kainat..

- Sultanat is sorry but not sorry types - Annoying people who apologize with a 'but' in the sentence.

well.. in Saturday's episode her sorry gains momentum! check my post please.."daylight robbery"

I liked the Rubina-Zainab scene the best. Rubina was literally vibrating with anger. I agree with @lonelythots that seemed misplaced because, at that point, the family did not know about Zainab-Sultanat deal. Yes- she pushed Zainab back but I can see why she didn't want any consolation and excuses from Zainab.  

I found that  there was down right condemnation from Rubina for Zainab and a violent push for Zainab's repentance.. but later good for Zainab where she proves she is of substance   and not steam! 

the family confrontation was good though why were Humza and family there? Even though they live in the same house, technically they are outsiders - often treated as such by the rest of the family.

they were the scoffing spectators.. Dadi,especially checking out what can be retrieved from the spoils of the war!

I didn't like sultanat's dialogues and explanations but the family confrontation made it very clear that Sultanat would have confessed long ago if Zainab had set her free. I am getting more and more on the page with Zaroon and Sultanat's love. With Zaroon thrown out of the house and Mia Jaan being against the alliance, they may finally have a story. 

well that's what the cv's want one  love story ,which till now I have not clocked into..

I wanted Sultanat or Zaroon to acknowledge the impact of the wedding fiasco on Kainaat. After all, except Zainab, no one knows her truth.

again.. its becoming evident that Kainat will be passed into oblivion.. what a shame.. she is one character who engages me.. me is still waiting for her reaction.. her future? or does it not matter to the cv's  

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Irshita ,  have a good Sunday.. love hammie