Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: ramita94

No if she has turned 19 that means she has finished sixth form and is headed for uni or wherever she is going to in the US. But I still wouldn't call finishing sixth form graduation..

So 4 more years of University to go.

Lets see if Srk sticks to his word. 

ramita94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: GhayalParinda

Yeah, there's college after sixth form and then university. Plus, Ardingly is an independent school so the education is funded by parents and it is not limited to a specific age group. 

Sorry but are you from the UK? College is the same thing as sixth form its just that sixth form got invented some years ago where basically a high school offers the courses that standalone collages offer. There is no college after sixth form, it's primary school > high school > sixth form/college > then uni. 

Edited by ramita94 - 4 years ago
ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: ramita94

Sorry but are you from the UK? College is the same thing as sixth form its just that sixth form got invented some years ago where basically a high school offers the courses that standalone collages offer. There is no college after sixth form, it's primary school > high school > sixth form/college > then uni. 

I am from the UK. Shall I PM you my passport? Hahaha. We don't have high school here, it's secondary school. 

Nursery- Reception-Primary school (years 1 to 6) - secondary school (years 7 to 11) Then sixth form which is a choice and it's not compulsory to attend because there are actual colleges which are attended from ages 16 to 18. Then university from 18 to 21 years of age. 

Also the clue is in the name 'sixth form' cos there are 5 years in secondary school with this additional form.

That's how my education life has been/ is being, spent. 

Edited by GhayalParinda - 4 years ago
ramita94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: GhayalParinda

I am from the UK. Shall I PM you my passport? Hahaha. We don't have high school here, it's secondary school. 

Nursery- Reception-Primary school (years 1 to 6) - secondary school (years 7 to 11) Then sixth form which is a choice and it's not compulsory to attend because there are actual colleges which are attended from ages 16 to 18. Then university from 18 to 21 years of age. 

Also the clue is in the name 'sixth form' cos there are 5 years in secondary school with this additional form.

That's how my education life has been/ is being, spent. 

No im not interested in you're passport. I only asked because you said that college is after sixth form which it is not. I guess you did not go to high school but I did i.e my high school's name has the word mentioned in the school's name, and more people are likely to ask you which high school do you go to rather than secondary school even though its the same thing. 

Peace.