Tanushree Dutta accuses Woman Commission for spreading fake news

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

The year 2018 was full of controversies and can be highlighted as the inception of MeToo in Bollywood. Tanushree Dutta turned to be the flagbearer of MeToo movement in the tinsel town. The actress had accused Nana Patekar of sexual misconduct. However, earlier this month, the actor was given a clean chit from the police as no eyewitness has confirmed the incident.

In her statement, the actress had said that Nana tried to forcefully introduce intimate steps into the choreography of a special song in the film. Later, Tanushree had walked out of the film and Rakhi Sawant replaced her in the song. 

Recently, several media reports have made it to the headlines claiming that as per Maharashtra State Commission for Women chief, Tanushree didn't appear before the women's panel.

Now, in further development on the same, Tanushree has reacted and called the reports 'fake news'. She refuted the reports saying that they appeared before the commission not once but several times. She further alleged that the panel is making excused because they failed to do anything with her complaint.

The actress allegedly mentioned the commission in spreading the fake news. She indicated that this is not the kind of repayment she deserves for having once represented India at an international pageant.

It's obviously fake news! We have appeared before women's commission not once but several times. They failed to do anything with my complaint so now making excuses. This news is probably spread by Nana's team in conjunction with the women's commission to try to justify his so-called clean chit that they bought from cops. I'm bored with these psychological games in the press to try to prove himself innocent. The whole country knows the truth and nothing can change that. Shame on everyone for letting this pass and constantly publishing fake news given by Nana's team that undermines the gravity of the harassment, mob lynching and subsequent ordeal I was subjected to and letting a criminal try to walk free who harassed a Miss India Universe. I proudly represented India at an international pageant and this is how I'm repaid for my nationalism! It's a shame. Watch the video on YouTube of my car being attacked with my old parents in it with me trapped there. This mob was instigated by Nana Patekar and the other accused after I refused to give in to their pressure and bullying on the sets. Shame on you all!

During a recent interaction with MSCW chairperson, Vijaya Rahatkar at a press conference in Pune on Wednesday said, “We had received a complaint from Tanushree Dutta. But she never appeared in person. We could not even figure who [a third person] had sent this complaint to us. Yet, we immediately took cognizance of the matter and promptly issued notices to the people related to the case.”

“While we have received answers from the others to whom we sent notices, Ms. Dutta, as complainant, is also required to give full information about her complaint, which has not happened so far,” Ms. Rahatkar had reportedly added.

Edited by awesomegurti - 4 years ago