Will Shahid's success rattle others? and is hrithik still in race?

Posted: 4 years ago

After Padmavat released Shahid was also in that big league  even though Ranveer's character got more appraise. Still Shahid's endorsements increased which all got spoiled with batti Gul meter Chalu hai being just  accumulating 40 crores. While this mega sucess of KABIR SINGH has put hum back in the race. As the film is trending better than bharat and other movies of this year, Shahid will see a rise in the market of brands and advertisements. I think Ranbir Kapoor, Ayushman, Varun Dhawan and Ranveer will now have to share the good scripts coming to them  directly with shahid now. Ranbir gave a big hit but his mass connect isnt that strong as Varun. The brand of Dharma and Rajkumar Hirani has helped Ranbir sail the boat. Varun has to worry after Kalank failure.  

If we keep aside senior actors like salman, akshay, ajay devgn than ..
Ranveer is at top with Vicky kaushal and second position i think is of Shahid Kapoor presently,looking at the mass hysteria one is observing at theatres. This happens only for salman movies mostly.

Last year John abraham was back in competition with two big hits but RAW spoiled it for him this year.
Lets see what Batla house does for him. Meanwhile i feel Hrithik is completely on wrong track with this film called super 30. A handsome sexy hero like hrithik coming to screen after a long time and people want to see him tanned and unattractive like this??No i guess. The script might be fantastic but its not the right film for him now. He is handsome Star first, then a character artist. People didnt like Guzaarish as he was in bed throught the movie. 
Meanwhile Milap zaveri is trying his best to rebuild Sidhharth Malhotra through Marjawan whose character is similar to Kabir singh in few aspects like the anger, rage.
The competition is very tight now. Saw none of the contemporary heroes congragulate shahid on twitter especially ranveer n varun.. Maamla garam hai 

Originally posted by snowwhitexxx

I think it's healthy competition between them. Shahid finally got his due and most likely gave one of this decade's best performance.  Ranveer is highly overrated but has media and PR backing. Ranbir will shine more as true talent always shines (a bit late but it does) as we have seen in Shahid's case. Varun is nowhere close.

Shahid must be so relieved. Varun will sail out with backing of Karan and Sajid Nadiadwala. His brother Rohit dhwan also makes  decent Hit movies. He is safe. 
only the YRF club talents need to worry-  Arjun Kapoor, Parineeti, Vaani
Bhumi, Ayushman, Anushka managed well

It will rattle Ranveer for sure bcoz he and Shahid had some kind of cold war going on for a long time.

Kabir Singh success is Bigger than any of Ranveer's success bcoz it did not have a Star heroine like Deepika or a Star director like Bhansali.

As far as Hrithik is concerned, i have said this before, u really think Hrithik cares about the "race"? If he did, his films would have been in safe zone and he wud never have taken a break from Bollywood from time to time. I think he wants to leave behind a legacy of doing different roles. And I dont think he looks unattractive at all in Super 30. He still looks Handsome - which was grievance of some. In any case, he is coming back with Action film too. So, i think he is balancing it out.

One thing is for sure. In Bollywood, everything changes every Friday but Talent will always last. People wrote off Ranbir, one Sanju shut their mouth. Same with Shahid who never tasted success for 16 years, one Kabir Singh shut their mouth. One must never underestimate anybody these days. 

Edited by ThunderLight - 4 years ago

True stardom will end with the khans . After that the movies would be the crowd pullers just like HW

Originally posted by ThunderLight

It will rattle Ranveer for sure bcoz he and Shahid had some kind of cold war going on for a long time.

Kabir Singh success is Bigger than any of Ranveer's success bcoz it did not have a Star heroine like Deepika or a Star director like Bhansali.

As far as Hrithik is concerned, i have said this before, u really think Hrithik cares about the "race"? If he did, his films would have been in safe zone. I think he wants to leave behind a legacy of doing different roles. And I dont think he looks unattractive at all in Super 30. He still looks Handsome - which was grievance of some. In any case, he is coming back with Action film too. So, i think he is balancing it out.

One thing is for sure. In Bollywood, everything changes every Friday but Talent will always last. People wrote off Ranbir, one Sanju shut their mouth. Same with Shahid who never tasted success for 16 years, one Kabir Singh shut their mouth. One must never underestimate anybody these days. 

yup absolutely.  Shahid had kabir singh and now Ranveer has Kabir Khan. Lets see whether the other kabir delivers or not.  Because evenn all had huge expectations from KALANK and we saw how it came up ruining even a legend like madhuri dixit. So anything is possible evry friday. 
But one thing i noticed even salman euphoria is coming down a bit. No doubt Bharat has strong opening but weekdays it wasnt anything extraordinary. Content is again taking the front seat. Bharat no doubt was far better than his previous release but still its not creating the awe factor of bajrangi bhaijaan , Sultan

Did you forget Simmba, which starred Sara only 1 film old? 

Originally posted by Shaitan-Haiwan

Did you forget Simmba, which starred Sara only 1 film old? 

But did it not have a Star director like Rohit Shetty and Ajay Devgan?

At this moment it’s rattling veer Singh the most 

Edited by briahna - 4 years ago

But did it not have a Star director like Rohit Shetty and Ajay Devgan?

Director bhi naya ho, producer bhi deela ho, aur heroine bhi nayi ho.....come on its too much now. 

Compare Simmba with R Rajkumar then?