Why do we expect our leads to be perfect?

prd2bascorpio thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

So I wanted to ask everyone's opinion on this. We have seen a lot of discussions on how Asmita didn't trust Shaan and she manipulated and used Ridoy. We also had discussions in the beginning about how Shaan was weak-willed and didn't have a spine.

Well, I am not sure if showing our leads like that is a bad thing. In fact, I don't know why we expect our leads to be perfect. People are not perfect in real life. We always complain that TV serials are not realistic. So when they show flawed individuals why do we crucify them? Especially flawed FLs. It seems like we are much more willing to accept flawed MLs than flawed women.

In real life, people are weak-willed. I know some people who gave up their loves because of family pressure or other guilts. Sometimes it's hard to reconcile your desire for someone with family expectations or even expectations of what is the right thing to do.

Similarly, when it comes to Asmita, she married Ridoy because she was mad at Shaan. Well, I personally have done very stupid and honestly terrible things when I was mad at someone. People sometimes don't think straight when they are really upset. Same as not trusting Shaan. Well, I would say that was a very stupid turn for Asmita...not trusting when Shaan said its an accident with Chanda and Ridoy. But we don't have perfect trust all the time on the people we love. Misunderstandings happen. Insecurity happen.

Though I would agree that Asmita is one of the stupidest police officers ever shown on TV and I blame the writers solely for that.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Semeira thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Personally I don't expect Asmita to be perfect I hate serials when lead is mahanta ki murti. I want Asmita's character to at least have common sense and to stick to a point. What do you call someone who is married to a guy but still show true feelings of love to his brother ? Who show that she cares more for the brother than her husband ? I call that person a cheat ! So yeah Asmita should not be perfect otherwise it will be boring but she should not be as dumb as selfish and have at least some budhi lol😅😅😅

Forgot a point Asmita to have some budhi and to use it off course 😅😅

Edited by Semeira - 4 years ago
dyer.a thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I don't know if anyone agrees but Asmita is a deeply flawed character...she has build everything around lies from the beginning she first entered the house under cover which led to so many misunderstanding she agreed to marry ridoy which is like leading him on, she did not repent once or apologized but when shaan threw her out she didn't forgive him even though he repented so many times...then she did the ultimate married ridoy knowing that she was still shaan's wife legally breaking the law even though she herself is a police officer...even though the rituals were not completed she still accepted that marriage,shaan could have gotten her arrested but he thought of her reputation and did not.,.yet she agreed to file a complaint against him knowing she was in the wrong...again she could not accept marriage as she was unable to consumate with ridoy and finally realized her mistake amazingly shaan forgave her in a jiffy and promised to stand by her....well she ditched him again for ridoy wow leaving shaan heart broken again...then the ultimate the murder blame...even a hardened shaan had more love for her then she ever did despite hating her he still saved her time and again she only mellowed when she had hard evidence that shaan is innocent and good...shaan again forgave her in a jiffy...why is it she is never able to forgive shaan without evidence wheras shaan forgives her every time without much ado as he loves her so much when has Asmita showed such uncondictional love???why is her love always in need of evidence she forgave the mazumdars pretty easily..

PS she entered the mazumdar house the second time by lying again about moni.

prd2bascorpio thumbnail

I think you are right that there is a serious lack of repenting or apologizing from Asmita's side.

I don't think she wanted to marry Ridoy. Shaan forced her to come to mandap. She took the pills so marriage won't happen and Ridoy forced her to marry. So the first time her showing more love to Shaan is justified as she loves Shaan and was married to him. 

Yes, the second time marrying or trying to marry Ridoy while being legally married to Shaan was incredibly stupid. I think this is where I was saying that people do stupid things when they are angry. I do wish the CVs had shown a better resolution to that story track.

Though I am pretty upset about the ulte phere and burning papers and marriage is gone track. Well, unfortunately, ITV marriages are dependent on CVs. Even in KZK2 AnuPre are married now and unmarried the next second. There is huge confusion about their marriage or lack thereof in KZK2. 

People are right that Asmita doesn't trust Shaan. I am not sure why she needed to so called break her marriage to Shaan to take care of ridoy. But, I also realize that fact that these two with their on again, off again love were responsible for ridoy's mental deterioration at some level. And I would say what she did was through guilt. 

I can forgive her for lying about Moni as I think she is traumatized by her own childhood. Even when she grew up, people insult and torment her for being from sonagachi. I can forgive her for trying to spare Moni the same treatment. Though she should have told Shaan and dadibua.

Though I think people are correct that Asmita needs to apologize or repent to Shaan more. She also needs to trust her so called great love.

dyer.a thumbnail

I don't agree to a lot of your points...Asmita needs to have serious repercussion for what she did and continues to do repeatedly...she knew having ridoy's baby was such a big issue with shaan he was so heart broken knowing she went further with ridoy even though he has never laid a hand on any woman yet even after reconciliation with him she had no intention of telling him the truth even dadi bua found out the truth by chance...Shaan is her great love right but after the first track she has never ever demonstrated that always there was someone or the other in the way...always ridoy though there were so many times I have truly hated her character because she has hurt  him so much..in the beginning when shaan was acting to hate her there were so many scenes of heart break which made us sympathize with him...being a man one dialogue of shaan I can never forget..remember"bardasht nhi hota jab ridoy tumhe choota hai man karta hai uske haath tor do mat do mujhe ye sazaa"...and now she claims to have a baby with the same guy she has done far too much to be forgiven so easily but yet shaan forgives her every time...but she has never given shaan the benefit of doubt he came to get her the first time sat outside her home in the rain went to his knees but still no forgiveness...and then she went ahead forgave those same people and stood against shaan with the same.people whose loyalty she accused shaan of,they were shaans family what did she expect.

I know its the writers but seriously in Asmita they have created a very unlikable character whose flaws far out number her goodness,..its difficult to like her even last night episode she never cleared shaans confusion making him feel disgusted in himself for feeling something for his brother's wife and I don't buy the crap she was thinking in her mind.

PS nivi is back from holidays and shooting so expect the mother son duo to make a come back in the show.

prd2bascorpio thumbnail

Hmm....I can see the points you mention.

You are right...Shaan is really hurt by the whole Ridoy baby nonsense. She should tell him atleast.

I can forgive her for some stuff but you are right...she never really repents for how she hurt Shaan. Maybe this amnesia track is the writer's way of showing her fighting for her love?

yesterday's episode...I guess I didn't catch it. Shaan knows ridoy is dead. I guess she wants him to say he loves her...I think she is not confident on his love since she thinks he only loves her becoz of the puchki tag (absolutely bonkers I agree since this man has always stood by her)

Ughh! Hopefully the Nevi/ridoy drama would wait for a bit!

sollysunny thumbnail

Usually a silent reader on this forum, but I wanted to comment since I think you have a wonderful point here...  

I think the point the makers were trying to show was that Shaan needed to realize the value of Asmita, hence why the whole Ridoy marriage track occurred. But I agree with the above comments as to Asmita constantly caring about Ridoy's child. Yes, she cannot leave the child in Sonagachi after all she has been through (that part is understandable) but she should not keep the truth hidden. What is she going to face when this all comes out? Asmita keeps praying to God asking to show her the right path but how can she think Shaan is going to confess his love for her when in the eyes of the world she was married to his brother and has a child with him? Yes, Asmita is being blackmailed, but in the previous track she had plenty of opportunities to tell him the truth about the parentage of her child and she never did... I do not think anyone expects her to be perfect, just that she should realize the damage that her secrets are doing to those around her...

Shaan is by no means perfect either, agreed, but I do not think he has ever lied to Asmita. They have showcased his transformation from being a family man to a passionate lover to a scorned human (why did that track end so soon?). Having his wiped clean means that he will probably go back to being the someone who makes sacrifices for his loved ones. 

Also want to say that the lead actors are doing a phenomenal job! Hopefully Shamita get married this time! 

dyer.a thumbnail
Originally posted by: sollysunny

Usually a silent reader on this forum, but I wanted to comment since I think you have a wonderful point here...  

I think the point the makers were trying to show was that Shaan needed to realize the value of Asmita, hence why the whole Ridoy marriage track occurred. But I agree with the above comments as to Asmita constantly caring about Ridoy's child. Yes, she cannot leave the child in Sonagachi after all she has been through (that part is understandable) but she should not keep the truth hidden. What is she going to face when this all comes out? Asmita keeps praying to God asking to show her the right path but how can she think Shaan is going to confess his love for her when in the eyes of the world she was married to his brother and has a child with him? Yes, Asmita is being blackmailed, but in the previous track she had plenty of opportunities to tell him the truth about the parentage of her child and she never did... I do not think anyone expects her to be perfect, just that she should realize the damage that her secrets are doing to those around her...

Shaan is by no means perfect either, agreed, but I do not think he has ever lied to Asmita. They have showcased his transformation from being a family man to a passionate lover to a scorned human (why did that track end so soon?). Having his wiped clean means that he will probably go back to being the someone who makes sacrifices for his loved ones. 

Also want to say that the lead actors are doing a phenomenal job! Hopefully Shamita get married this time! 

dyer.a thumbnail

Exactly that's my main problem with asmita her lies...instead of going for the truth she always resorts to lying to resolve her problems...she never said she was a cop until shaan saw her in uniform..and now the baby as I predicted earlier this one lie is costing her more right now than anything, also she was never married to ridoy remember the ritual weren't over and she was legally married to shaan so not a valid marriage but she still called herself ridoy's wife again this lie has made her a widow which she is not...also the writing is really not upto the mark in fact sometimes I think even the writers are confused whose wife asmita is ...and I totally agree if it was not for the fantastic leads the show would've sank without a trace with such confused writing and plot.

sollysunny thumbnail

Exactly, too many loopholes in the storyline... even though Shaan proved he was legally married to Asmita, how was society alright with her living with her brother-in-law? How come no one even questioned her; her friend Divya the police officer who knows the truth was even at the wedding! Agreed, all the times she proclaimed she was Ridoy's wife in front of Shaan and the world are now coming back to haunt her. What surprises me though is that Dadi Bua, who knows that Shaan and Asmita got married first and knows that Asmita truly never married Ridoy now refers to Asmita as Ridoy's widow...

Perhaps the whole point of having the baby track is to show how Asmita would sacrifice her own happiness for the well being of a child that is not hers versus Nivedita who never did such a thing for Shaan...

I think Asmita just loves and wants the best for everyone, which is a great quality to have but it is costing her the love of her life...perhaps the writers are trying to show that she too, like Shaan before with his whole self sacrificing stance, needs to realize the importance of love in her life