Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum

What we learnt about Television Industry so far

ChalkNCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Things we learnt about Television Industry from Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum

1)TV actors shoot for 12 hour shift. They are paid on the basis of the number of days they shoot and not on the basis of number of episodes in which they appear. 

2)Every Star Plus actor's dream is to get a Star Parivaar Award (Though I was wondering that if Kahaani Parvati is airing since 3 years then why Parvati didn't get the award on first year itself)

3)Ganpati puja is done only on the day when TRPS are be announced (Next time any crew member posts any Ganapati aarti video on social media, we know why it is being done)

4)Actors have to maintain a strict diet to look young on TV(That is why many actors eat only a small portion from birthday cakes sent by fans)

5)Lead actors can get the script modified or changed if they are not comfortable in performing it. They are also free to decide if they want to shoot with the real actor or his or her body double. 

6)Actors get ready in 10 mins for shoot(Though I doubt this point)

7)Even men are sometimes dressed as body doubles of women.

8)Actors charge a hefty amount for inaugural and promotional events.

9)If someone falls ill on the set,two spotboys are sent to search for doctors on road, who search for cars with doctor's sign. After treatment the doctor is not paid any fees.

To be continued..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

What I find hilarious is “Parvati" is the same reel vs real. They have made the heroine too nice and good..your  telling me she doesn't throw tantrums and such..she is a dutiful daughter and older sister and sweet like sugar on and off screen..bleh

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

10) Some male actors are arrogant, characterless (like Sumit) and misbehave and touch the actresses inappropriately in the name of shooting romantic scenes. Haven't such cases actually happened? I heard some TV actress slapped her co-actor recently for touching her inappropriately during a scene? I am not aware if it was true, only the actor's record can tell if he misbehaved or it was a misunderstanding, I guess. Innocent until proved guilty.

11) Actors sleep in their car, its their second home. This was not a surprise.

12) Some TV star's families (mom in this case) are money minded and in the name of managing their kid's careers, fleece event managers/corporates and producers. I have heard of this in films, Amisha Patel had filed a case against her parents for siphoning off her money.

13) Some actors (like Sumit in this show) are bullies and if catch crew members picking up a lost objects, they snatch it away. Pay them a minimal amount (Rs 2000) and pocket the stuff that was actually worth 8 lakhs.

14) Onscreen chemistry does not mean offscreen friendship or a good working relationship. Sometimes its all make belief for the benefit of the show. This I think is very true. I have read reports of so many co-actors who hate each other offscreen but have got chemistry offscreen.

About Doctors/Hospitals

1) Random people can bump into hospital owners at the entrance, drop their phone and demand cash compensation, which they receive within 30 mins.

LOL. I am watching a daily soap after 9-10 years. I liked the 2nd episode. Didn't like the one yesterday. They need to keep it light and comic. KVG has gr8 comic timing. I used to watch his webshows with Chhavi Mittal (SIT videos on YouTube). Let's see if I am able to continue watching this show.

Edited by togepe30 - 4 years ago
Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Thanks for summarizing about TV Industry.. shown in this show so far.. 👍🏼

AraBearxo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Bookmarked. Skeptical about picking the show. But let's see. 

Optimist_d thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: silvermoonlight

What I find hilarious is “Parvati" is the same reel vs real. They have made the heroine too nice and good..your  telling me she doesn't throw tantrums and such..she is a dutiful daughter and older sister and sweet like sugar on and off screen..bleh

true that is! But I somehow feel she is more stronger than her reel life character.  She stands up for her own rights..  But I guess only when it comes to her family,  she is the ITV FL types may be.  

So far,  I'm liking her 😳

ChalkNCheese thumbnail

Originally posted by: silvermoonlight

A tantrum throwing TV actress as an FL will be an eye soar for viewers so they have kept her nice and sweet with a pinch of spice and salt when she is Dr Sippy😆

ChalkNCheese thumbnail

Originally posted by: togepe30

10) Some male actors are arrogant, characterless (like Sumit) and misbehave and touch the actresses inappropriately in the name of shooting romantic scenes. Haven't such cases actually happened? I heard some TV actress slapped her co-actor recently for touching her inappropriately during a scene? I am not aware if it was true, only the actor's record can tell if he misbehaved or it was a misunderstanding, I guess. Innocent until proved guilty.

11) Actors sleep in their car, its their second home. This was not a surprise.

12) Some TV star's families (mom in this case) are money minded and in the name of managing their kid's careers, fleece event managers/corporates and producers. I have heard of this in films, Amisha Patel had filed a case against her parents for siphoning off her money.

13) Some actors (like Sumit in this show) are bullies and if catch crew members picking up a lost objects, they snatch it away. Pay them a minimal amount (Rs 2000) and pocket the stuff that was actually worth 8 lakhs.

14) Onscreen chemistry does not mean offscreen friendship or a good working relationship. Sometimes its all make belief for the benefit of the show. This I think is very true. I have read reports of so many co-actors who hate each other offscreen but have got chemistry offscreen.

About Doctors/Hospitals

1) Random people can bump into hospital owners at the entrance, drop their phone and demand cash compensation, which they receive within 30 mins.

LOL. I am watching a daily soap after 9-10 years. I liked the 2nd episode. Didn't like the one yesterday. They need to keep it light and comic. KVG has gr8 comic timing. I used to watch his webshows with Chhavi Mittal (SIT videos on YouTube). Let's see if I am able to continue watching this show.

@bold I have heard this before that many TV actresses' mothers control their dates and finances. They throw more tantrums than the actresses themselves. I can already sense that this lady will be the biggest hurdle in the love story as she would not want Sonakshi to get married  as Sonakshi is a money minting machine for her. 

@blue, I was wondering how everybody knows that the watch is worth 8 lakhs- Rohan's mother, Rohan's dad, Sumit, Netra😕. Rohan's parents are still fine but how Sumit and Netra know the price?

@green, infact the actors who don't get along are the ones who have the best chemistry😆