Sufiyana Pyaar Mera

One coffin or one palanquin?

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM~ My Musings21.6.19 ~ One coffin or one palanquin ?

The moment Zainab, in the past made Saltanat swear on the sacred book, she was aware that in future there could come a time where otherwise a godly girl like Saltanat , could easily dither from her word. Zainab knew that Saltanat could be pulled back by the overwhelming emotion of young first love.Time has come now at the dargah, where once again Zainab plays many cards. Saltanat’s family loyalties. Her faith sincerity; fatherless Kainat and widowed aunt cards. But most of all Zainab recognizes and values the intensity of Saltanat’s profound love for Zaroon. Then as a mother, she compares it to the intensity of her daughter Kainat’s love.That rapidly turns into a  dangerous love  obsessive love for Zaroon. With each passing day a love that becomes a threat to Kainat’s life. Rather craftily Zainab even lays bare her failing mothering skills, to soften Saltanat’s whole being into honouring her oath. Here it will be apt to add that Kainat’s obsessive love becomes a threat for others too!

I liked how Zaroon turns up at the right place at the most opportune moment. Learns about the person who holds back Saltanat form confessing her Sufiyana love before Zaroon. A desire which he yearns for to this day. But Saltanat we see manages to up hold the confidentiality code by refraining to give away Zainab’s identity. How ironic, the truth that Zaroon wanted prised out of Saltanat! now comes out in the open! This has to be a good thing. Zaroon can make his next move.

The scene between Zaroon and Saltanat sums up Zaroon’s fury at Sultanat. Her giving his love far less importance than the love she has for Kainat. Once again Kainat becomes the  bone of contention between Zaroon and Saltanat.Zaroon sees Saltanat’s holy oath given to Zainab, as a grave sin of denying the love that god himself meant for him and Saltanat. Zaroon fumes at her that not only does Saltanat reject his love! their love! But also rejects god’s very blessing of determining their  love between them. 

What I disapprove in  this scene is the manner Zaroon’s anger is show cased and that to on holy ground. Zaroon’s violent act, of how he forcefully detains Saltanat ! with intent to physically hurt her, cruelly folds her elbow behind her back was not needed in the episode. Surely  this use of what I  see as brute force by a man upon a woman is nothing close to Sufiyana love! To rough up Saltanat and assert his male dominance cannot be love! Especially when Saltanat protests that he was hurting her.. Not impressed by glamorizing such, early stages of cruelty to women scenes shown as home entertainment! I do understand Zaroon’s bitterness and frustration when he compares the quality of Saltanat’s principled  love, to the near enough madness of Kainat's love! This I think was enough to hurt Saltanat’s soul more than restraining her forcibly !

He does blackmail her faith wise too. Declares his caustic judgement upon her prayer request! As a total reject! by god himself! For she goes against his will, when she prays for a marriage that god certainly does not propose, between Kainat and Zaroon!

Rather desperate Zaroon even tries reverse psychology with Saltanat,where he wants her to say it to his face that she does not love him? But to his consternation, Saltanat blurts out the very words!

Zaroon, thus  refuses to fight for his Sufiyana love! He could have dug his heels if he wanted to. But her principles! her oath! her sense of sacrificing what’s hers for others! Especially for Kainat! Stumps him well and proper!Thus Zaroon’s knee jerk reaction is to carry out his threat of what she desires. To back off from Saltanat! He goes to Mainjaan and largely out of spite for Saltanat ! he announces there will be a wedding tomorrow as planned! his and Kainat’s!

Kainat gets word of what’s favourable for her, well before time!  So more duplicity from her side where she poses as Saltanat! Who informs her parents a wedding is happening ! Kainat’s and Zaroon! Zaroon has given his consent!  Saltanat then departs from her parents with her hand baggage with the sobbing plea, that seeing Kainat getting married to Zaroon will be impossible for her to bear! So she is taking a break from all! leaving to put up with a friend for a few days.. once the festivities  are over she will return…

Before the mirror on her own, Kainat reveals her true colors! as she pulls off Saltanat’s hair piece wig.. and dons her spectacles! How dexterously she uses conning others in their weak moments! she makes full use of look alike cousin, chops and changes identities!

Back in her room Kainat smiles and shares her final victory with Sabina! While the gagged Saltanat is boxed away.. Ready to meet hereternal maker! Love turns Kainat into a cold blooded killer.. 

For Kainat, the sky is the limit to her love! Even if it means hammering in! the final nail in her sisters coffin! What a rare event Shah Manzil is about to witness. The palanquin and a coffin both  side by side.

There are not many who object to Zaroon marrying Kainat. Mamoon now is proud father to a son who shows obedience. Mamoon,I imagine ,concludes that Saltanat has turned Zaroon  down. Mamoon  will not go into the nitty gritty. His  dreams are about to come true. Rubina was expected to kick up a fuss but when “Saltanat” in person appears and speaks of giving up her love, willingly to Kainat as she needs Zaroon more in her life.. Her one and only heart’s desire. Besides Nadeem already praises his daughters “Saltanat’s” sense of having compassion for the vulnerable..

One has to give credit to Kainat for paying attention to little details. When she pretends to be Saltanat. She was aware, where Rubina would be irate at Zaroon accepting Kainat. Nadeem  would back his daughter  Saltanat  in her decision to have time out from home. Will  anyone notice that Saltanat  has over stayed at her friends house? I suspect the friend might phone and ask for Saltanat?? ..  Kainat does what cv’s want her to be seen as,  foul as sin  itself. A hopeless case.. 22.6.19Hamlet53.

Well dear friends I am still sailing on board the SPM ship. Thanks Irshita for saling with me. Will for sure miss Lonelythots and Arshian, they added sense to my posts.. have a great weekend, much love hammie..                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago