Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SakuraKakashi thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Thug-Leader

On second note, am I the only one who found Aamir's Ghajni better than Surya's??

Surya  had sizzling chemistry  with Asin. His face is very expressive and he looked so handsome , unlike Aamir , who looked old and constipated.  I watched this movie in theatre and he scared the hell out of me , when I was a kid.  Though  it's  a Tamil movie, its songs in Telugu are way better than in Tamil. Amir just copied Surya, who worked on his character harder and made it interesting. 

You should watch the Telugu version  with English subtitles and decide  , who performed  well.

You can compare Amir's and Surya's expressions in this movie. You can see how emotive Surya's eyes are and he has a tinge of naughtiness in his eyes.

https://youtu.be/MfoPkQ0Cw3M

https://youtu.be/ztPa6vkM-yY

Asin looked drop dead gorgeous in this song. Below 2 songs came during same context.

https://youtu.be/Gpu_HbR1nMA

https://youtu.be/ME7yIky1pgI

Edited by HummingBird12 - 4 years ago
Dexterlove thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

On second note, am I the only one who found Aamir's Ghajni better than Surya's??

The superior attitude of South movie watchers for a cheap copy of Memento is baffling. 

Aamir gave a better performance than Suriya. The director believes that Hindi version is better storywise and performancewise. 

Edited by Dexterlove - 4 years ago
SakuraKakashi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dexterlove

The superior attitude of South movie watchers for a cheap copy of Memento is baffling. 

Aamir gave a better performance than Suriya. The director believes that Hindi version is better storywise and performancewise. 

Though I am a telugu speaking person, i appreciate Malyalam ,Tamil movies and hindi movies. I even bashed Pawan kalyan , when he remade "Oh my god" in Telugu because Akshay did it better and Pawan Kalyan ruined the movie for me.  I am an Indian first and foremost and I appreciate any movie in any language. I don't feel the need to praise bollywood actors just because they put in more money , just like i don't feel the need to appreciate Chiranjeevi ( for remaking Muna bhai MBBS) and PK ( for Oh my god)  , just bcoz they speak the same language as me. 

It's a known fact that actors , who made the movie first work harder for the character than the ones who remade it. Your accusation is so stupid because I am a more of a Aamir fan rather than Surya fan.

Ps: People should watch Aruvu movie from Malayalam , who are willing to cry buckets. I love that movie.

Edited by HummingBird12 - 4 years ago
SakuraKakashi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dexterlove

Wow thanks for suggesting Memento, they really copied Amnesia part, wife dying and he writing details on his body but Surya and Aamir acted completely insane . I liked Surya's insanity and love for his girl more than Aamir's. 

No wonder Murgadas is not doing well these days. Because his movies lack story .

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

I rate the film not worth who don't have repeat value to me, those movie which I won't watch again even if liked them first time (not including tragic films like grave of the fireflies )

In recent time

Padmavat

Gullyboy

Simbaa

Bajirao mastani

Sanju

Ae dil hai mushkil 

Madras cafe

Badi ki dulhaniya

Padman

Kesari

Dangal

Sultan

Raazi

Uri

For now 

JustMySelf thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

slumdog millionaire. I mean I found it boring stupid n certainly not worth the oscar nomination. also I felt just because the film highlighted poverty n potty, western audience felt aah this is India, but no India is much more than slums n toilet stories. in all probability west liked it as it showed India in such poor light. 

v_nakshara thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I haven’t watched Suriya’s version but Aamir was so bad in the movie. I can’t understand the hype for Ghajini. The movie is really bad, a poor remake of Memento. Aamir didn’t have any chemistry with Asin as with most of his co-stars. I didn’t feel the love between them and hence didn’t feel sad when Asin’s character died.

The only thing that Aamir did in this movie is puff up his chest and scowls. I wasn’t impressed with Asin also in the movie. I didn’t think she deserved the best debut award over Anushka Sharma who was awesome in RNBJ.

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

1. Stree. I wasn't bad at all. But after the hype I was expecting way too much from the film.

2. Raazi

3. Slumdog Millionaire - I really disliked the film.

I am sure there were more, can't recall them as of now.

Edited by togepe30 - 4 years ago
mystic786 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Recent films:

Bareilly Ki Barfi 

Badhai Ho

Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

:O

How, why, hotchic??