MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Stranger Things Season 3

It's basically a spot the difference picture of Stranger Things Season 2. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Spiderman, Far From Home (2019) *SPOILER ALERT*

Hmm.. script felt weak, but let's not go into that.. :p ..but it didn't bore me. 

Jake Gyllenhaal was lovely.

My favorite parts about the film - the part where Mysterio takes Spiderman through the tower of illusions. The visual effects so brilliant, I'd watch the entire film again just for that one scene.  It was one of those moments at cinemas where you wish you had a replay button.

And I really liked ending credits sequence.. cute.

Like RTH said, was waiting for the Spiderman theme from the trailer, but never happened.. what a let down, that was one of the very few things that attracted me in the trailer. 

Hame tumse pyar kitna

Priya Banerjee plays Ananya Tripathi , who is a successful novelist writing novels about love and longing . Needless to say , she is goodlooking . Sameer Kochar plays Ranvir Dhillon , her fiance . Ananya also teaches in a college and here she has many male admirers among her students . Not surprising , considering the fact that she wears miniskirts and cleavage baring tops while teaching . Even I fell in love....he he .

But two admirers among her students are particularly pesky . One is the son of a local politician and openly asks sexual favours from her . The other is the anti hero of the film , Dhruv played by Karanvir Bohra . He is obsessively in love with Ananya and imagines that she loves him back . But all hell breaks lose when she rejects him ; he resorts to direct violence not only against her but also against her fiance and her other admirer and those who try to warn him off . Dhruv sets on a killing spree and murders those whom he thinks come in between him and Ananya . And the movie also loses control and veers off mark .

The first half is decent , with Anaya coming in Dhruv's dreams and looking attractive in his imaginary romantic settings . Colours of the movie are superb and photography is excellent , making the movie a visual treat especially because it is set in the scenic setting of the hill station of Manali in the snow capped mountains of the Himalayas . Songs and background music is good too and melodious . But the movie worsens as it progresses and by the time it climaxes it has gone bad . Acting is okay by everyone but nothing special.

Verdict---Not good .

One and a half star out of five .       

Edited by janta-janardhan - 4 years ago

Spiderman: Far from Home: An Exhilarating Edge of the Seat Entertainer

Folks,...Many contradictory views been found here, on I-F. however, IMHO Movie is not that Boring,...

Spiderman: Far from Home is the perfect popcorn entertainer. It's probably among the best of the Marvel Cinematic Universe films I've watched, and among the top 3 solo outings in the MCU this decade, my other favourites being Thor: Ragnarok and Captain America: Winter Soldier.

A compelling villain with a very humane side and intriguing superpowers with understandable motivations, a natural love story well played out between the two main leads, some splendid supporting performances, two twists, one expected, the other completely unexpected, along with some stunning visual effects, entertaining score and most of all, a brilliant titular performance by the man in the cape, Peter Parker (Tom Holland)

The best superhero films place their human alter-egos front and center. We saw this first with Nolan's Batman trilogy in this century, and the vast majority of the Marvel superheroes have got this balance right. But Peter Parker is the most relatable of them all, because he is the most human, flawed amongst us, yet heroic at the same time. After many attempts, Sony/Marvel finally get the right Peter Parker in Spiderman: Far from Home

We root for Parker, he makes many mistakes along the way, he misses his deceased mentor, he wants to take a break, he wants to fall in love with MJ, all things we can totally understand. And yet he steps up. All this has been channelled perfectly by Tom Holland, in a performance so real-life, natural and earnest. Theres a real sincerity and innocence there. Jake Gyllenhall deserves the plaudits of being one of the best MCU villains, its so ironic that he was about to be Spiderman, 2 decades back! Zendaya makes for an uber-cool MJ, and who can forget Ned? Samuel L Jackson and Cobie Smulders have some good fun. Jon Favreau has a larger than usual part and aces Happy Hogan. The special effects are just brilliant and that says something from an industry known for its overdose of CGI.

Overall, I would rate this as one of my good movie experiences of 2019 so far. Possibly even more entertaining than Endgame, which however is more poignant and touching.

See it on the biggest screen possible, and dont miss the wacky end credits!

Verdict:  Not bad,.. but,... Paisa Vasool
Rating:   3.25+ / 5.00     

Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Good Omens

This series is awesome story of one demon and one angel who are soft, lost and most importantly incompetent. As Crowley said in last episode- they wud not have been able to save earth if they were competent earlier. ðŸ˜†

The dialogue from Adam that you want to kill everyone just to decide who is the powerful gang shows that there is no difference between Heaven and hell when it comes to power.

Crowley was just love smiley27. Trying to save his best friend. I loved Crowley and Aziraphale's scenes so much. They were everything. 

Micheal sheen and David- they are so awesome. their chemistry is so damn great. No doubt many people are calling it gay rom com. Crowley coming to rescue Aziraphale time and again and then drinking and crying that he lost his best friend. I think the only irritating part was Shadwell part. besides that I loved everything. And I wud love to watch another season. 

Edited by Padfoot_Prongs - 4 years ago
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Spiderman- FFH

Movie feels a little hollow because of absence of Tony Stark. Holland's Spiderman's biggest plus point was Tony Stark being his mentor. In last 3 movies of Spiderman, Tony Stark was always there. So I felt it was a big missing gap Marvel can't fill for next many years to come. Even if Tony Stark is dead, I wud have loved a little clipping, small video or whatever. Not Zombie Iron Man. It was the most painful scene. I hated Fury from his first scene. W*F was that. Peter is going through enough of crisis to emotionally blackmail or whatever sh*t Fury was doing. Even after PS scene, I cud not like Fury. Earth needs him and he is away giving authority to dumbasses. 

Also it's so weird that Marvel's only vigilant masked hero got unmasked. First time people know who is Spiderman. 

Biggest plus point is CGI. Second half was brilliant after peter handover EDITH (I loved this name-see this was the opportunity for a Stark video or anything. My Tony Stark heart). The whole illusion thing was awesome.But again it was so heartbreaking to watch Peter to fight everything alone. There at one point I wanted Pepper or any Iron Man suit to come for rescue.

Tony Stark Stan Rant Start

BTW What is wrong with Marvel. Can't they find any other villain who doesn't blame Tony Stark for their as*holery.

First Stane- Ohh u have the company I want

Second that russian- Your father was villain for my father so I want to kill you

Third Killian- You didn't show up for our date, so I wanna kill you after so many years

Maximoff Twins- your missiles which were fired by our own people killed our parents so we want you and everyone near u dead

Ultron:- Mind stone killed Tony's baby (JARVIS) and still Tony got the whole blame

Civil War- Even if you saw your mother murdered and murder his bestie standing beside you, you shud be calm and let him go away. (Fcuk u Cap)

Homecoming- Government took over but you are responsible for our losses

FFH- You hurt me by using tech for peaceful purpose, somebody hurt me becoz you were better- So u are responsible for our psycho behaviour.

God, Can Marvel get some original villains or are we going to see all these but*hurt Tony Stark haters as villains?

Rant Over

Strictly one time watch for me. 3/5 (2 for CGI and 1 for Tom Holland and Happy)

Just one clip of Tony Stark and I wud have given it one extra point. 

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Spyder man Spyder man  

Loook out for Spyder man , spider Man is my fav superhero growing up , still remember watching the animated series on fox kids at 6 pm with best villains of Mysterio , vampire, kraven hunter etc etc...than raimi Spiderman came along and it was all was alexa bliss but now we have mcu Spiderman , correctly it's not our Spiderman it's mcu , which is so bizzare , even though I like him in avengeers movie but in his own movie like homecoming and this cash grab ffh was terrible .

Where is the witty joking Spiderman ,where is familiy neighborhood , where is Spyder man .

Is it too much to ask.

First we have Zendaya  as mj who is not like at all mj and playing 90s goth type chick ,oh i speakk truth look at me I'm so rad , who even fall for such girl just bcz it had to happen to happen.

Ok fatty frnd is fine and their together scenes are good .

If you wanna do struggling story of Peter fighting a normal life and being Spiderman there is Spiderman 2 which was brilliant .

But this is idiotic , snap is played for joke , where is the seriousness of being out of existence for 5 years.

Aunty may flirt with Tony was enderaing, but now Tony but we must have to have may flirting so let's include happy humping her ,it's not funny anymore.

And why media and anyone else decided or even thinking about Spiderman being head avenger , like he haven't done a thing as avenger now , it's just come out of nowhere so Spidey can emulate become one , also using of stark name , technology, stark villains , oh I see you everywhere , Tony didn't wanted Peter to be in danger and wanted him to remain local hero , out of nowhere gives Edith to him, Mysterio can be so much good and have cool storyline in other formats here again bad guy turn good story , it's such a boring story who even care about this.

There are some good things , and I get why normies eat this crap up , of my mcu overlords give me one more usual story with nothing new to offer ,I'll just take it bcz ur Disney..

This was such a terrible experience , second boring movie after homecoming.

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Super deluxe : I haven't much to say , amazing film in lines of magnolia , coens and pt anderson type movie.

It's slow and take it's space and some character and story is really going diving into.

Samantha story was the least interesting to me even though it was Decent.

Vijay sethupathi continue to impress me what an terrific actor , he needs to go more mainstream.

I like the art, production design , eveeything is thought into and you can see the creativity , some kind of film that one don't generally see in Indiaan cinema.

Amazing.

polin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Spider Man : Far From Home

There are loopholes in the script but action as good. I liked the second half more. Specially liked the mid credit scene.

Will there any new spiderman movie in Marvel phase 4. Marvel had 3 film contact with Tom Holland. Is this the 3rd one or 2nd one. Mid credit scene hints that there will be. 🤔