Katrina felt she couldn't avoid the media questions about relationship

Posted: 4 years ago

With her last release Bharat emerging as one of the biggest hits of the year so far and Zero (2018) winning her critical acclaim, Katrina Kaif is enjoying a career-high. However, the actor's personal life continues to be under scrutiny — over three years after she parted ways with Ranbir Kapoor, Kaif often finds herself fielding questions about her former flame. While she has maintained a dignified stance about the break-up, she tells midday that she opened up on matters of the heart as she understood the demands of stardom.

"If I had my way, I would have never spoken about my relationship. I chose to talk about it because the media was interested in it. I couldn't have dodged the bullet every time. I would have sounded rude if I did that. So, the best thing was to share the bare minimum I wanted to, and be frank enough to accept the reality. We [Kapoor and her] still have respect for each other, and that will not change," says Kaif.

The actor adds that while the heartbreak was one of the toughest phases in her life, it helped her evolve as a person. "When I was going through separation, one of my sisters was also in the same phase. That's when I realised that since my life was out in the open, the ego was more bruised, but at the end of the day, we both felt the same pain. I found solace in reading. My friends were also a strong source of support. I don't have any regrets [about that chapter]. I have come out of the experience a lot more mature."

https://www.mid-day.com/articles/katrina-kaif-wouldnt-have-spoken-about-relationship-if-i-had-my-way/21179164

Ok.. All good. Now let these be your last words on the subject. Be free and skank around a bit! 

Originally posted by jb508

I realised that since my life was out in the open, the ego was more bruised, but at the end of the day, we both felt the same pain. I found solace in reading. My friends were also a strong source of support. I don't have any regrets [about that chapter]. I have come out of the experience a lot more mature."

Why do breakups hurt more for women, why not men. especially in forever child's case?😭

Originally posted by hasini009

Why do breakups hurt more for women, why not men. especially in forever child's case?😭

A friend once told me that men mentally breakup while still in the relationship! True? No idea.

I do believe men and women process emotions differently.

Originally posted by Kara_R

A friend once told me that men mentally breakup while still in the relationship! True? No idea.

I do believe men and women process emotions differently.

matlab once they achieved what they want, tab se reverse process( detach themselves) start hoga kya?😆

She is still hurting. Hope she finds a closure. He was never worth it. 

I beg to differ. I think media had pretty much lost interest and she could have very well avoided. 

But whatever her choice. Hopefully, this is the last time she speaks about it. Don't want another making of harp queen.

Why is she still talking about it? Didn't they break up years ago?

DP part 2. 

I know this is horrible but I hope RK gets cheated on by someone. He deserves to feel like crap for once.

She's even defending him. Get it over with.

Edited by aish. - 4 years ago

Originally posted by aish.

Why is she still talking about it? Didn't they break up years ago?

DP part 2. 

I know this is horrible but I hope RK gets cheated on by someone. He deserves to feel like crap for once.

She's even defending him. Get it over with.

He does not care about getting cheated. He is interested is till the chase. Once he gets what he wants he loses interest. Be it things or people. But unlike things, people have emotions and feelings n they can express hurt and angst if and when they feel it. Katrina has all the rights to talk about what happened in her life and same is with Deepika. 

From her words its evident that she is still hurting and has not found her closure. Hope she finds it and find peace.

Originally posted by hasini009

Break-ups hurt women more but when they get over it they move on completely and it doesn't hurt anymore..though it takes a long time.

Men don't process their feelings in the same way..they don't show hurt and try to divert their minds..but they I guess hold a candle forever..Men don't get over a breakup till a long long time.

This is my theory..maybe wrong

Edited by niyati13 - 4 years ago