Kumkum Bhagya

biasness overload

misfit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Okay so the writers can have Disha come back as a freaking Media professional, independent ent and all but Pragya is still the same if not worse despite of the fact that she has experience of working as a professor, manager, etc. What even? What’s with the partiality here? Smh. 

Do they want to show their leads as damsels in distress and constantly trying to make ends meet. 

It would have been a better contrast to show Pragya successful and well off but Prachi still a grounded child to show wealth has nothing to do with good upbringing. 

I hate how they show rich kids as spoiled all the time and middle class kids as sacrificing, grounded, morally superior individuals because that is BS and completely untrue. 

Edited by misfit007 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

Precisely! Like you said, they could have shown pragya and prachi living a well settled and financially stable life at least if not one of luxury, though a life of luxury would have been better, because it would be able to better show how wealth and status doesn't define the person you become, but it's your upbringing that defines you. 

If they showed both girls being raised amongst luxury etc, but showed both the girls drastically different due to the person influencing their upbringing, it would have made abhi's parenting skills look 10 times worse because pragya would have been shown as a single mother having a stable career, financial stability for her child whilst teaching her child values, yet abhi was only able to provide his child with luxuries and nothing else. They could have showed abhigya's two daughters being big time rivals of each other in college where obviously pragya's twin trumps abhi's twin, rather than showing one twin as this simple and poor girl who is constantly humiliated. 

but instead they always have to show the female lead raising her child either single-handedly with no financial stability, or raising the child with the help of a rich male friend who has no actual connection with the female lead or the female lead's child. They don't want to show women as having a successful career in ITV, as if its a right of only male characters to possess wealth, success etc. 

They could have shown pragya going back to being a college professor after she left abhi and maybe even advanced her career to something beyond a college professor from there over the 20 year span. 

shiiny thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

This content was originally posted by: sammy17

Precisely! Like you said, they could have shown pragya and prachi living a well settled and financially stable life at least if not one of luxury, though a life of luxury would have been better, because it would be able to better show how wealth and status doesn't define the person you become, but it's your upbringing that defines you. 

If they showed both girls being raised amongst luxury etc, but showed both the girls drastically different due to the person influencing their upbringing, it would have made abhi's parenting skills look 10 times worse because pragya would have been shown as a single mother having a stable career, financial stability for her child whilst teaching her child values, yet abhi was only able to provide his child with luxuries and nothing else. They could have showed abhigya's two daughters being big time rivals of each other in college where obviously pragya's twin trumps abhi's twin, rather than showing one twin as this simple and poor girl who is constantly humiliated. 

but instead they always have to show the female lead raising her child either single-handedly with no financial stability, or raising the child with the help of a rich male friend who has no actual connection with the female lead or the female lead's child. They don't want to show women as having a successful career in ITV, as if its a right of only male characters to possess wealth, success etc. 

They could have shown pragya going back to being a college professor after she left abhi and maybe even advanced her career to something beyond a college professor from there over the 20 year span. 

I always like your suggestions.  They are always interesting and this one sounded quite different as all other shows follow the same pattern where the FL tries so hard to make the ends meet with no career. 

How I wish if Ek and her team could go through this suggestions. You are having a better story than them. 

I just prefer strong woman.  I don't like damsel in distress concept. It's too old now. I can't take when they show how the FL takes all the shit ,humiliation and alwz forgives with zero self-respect. 

I have no problem with forgiving thing.  It's a good quality but not by compromising one's self respect. 

misfit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

EXACTLY. For someone with her degrees she could have easily gotten a tenure at any university. Moreover, they could have shown her an author or a editor or anything in her field given how she was shown to love books! 

What is so wrong about showing strong female lead? It pisses me off because EK herself is such a strong personality who has despite of all the criticism still is a successful producer and businesswoman but her leads are the opposite. 

In fact it would be inspiring to see her successful but no why would they want to inspire the audience. 

misfit007 thumbnail

I genuinely want to know what kind of professional background her writers have. Did they ever go to collage or university? Did they ever learn anything about character development because in her shows  no such thing exists. There is no such thing as even plot development. 

I mean they take such amazing actors, who have so much potential and then waste them away. 

Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

This content was originally posted by: misfit007

I genuinely want to know what kind of professional background her writers have. Did they ever go to collage or university? Did they ever learn anything about character development because in her shows  no such thing exists. There is no such thing as even plot development. 

I mean they take such amazing actors, who have so much potential and then waste them away. 

The pressure of appeasing trp audience can't be the entire reason for such sloppy writing given we fans are able to come up with better ideas whilst still keeping in mind the requirement to maintain drama in the show. 

Christie2017 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Absolutely likes to all u guys. My point too in that why do they show rich girls as spoilt always.  As to what kind of college the creatives went it is EK's school where they show KJo type of colleges and girl and boy fighting and then falling on each other (yuuuckk.....) before falling in love, then some mushy mushy scenes before misunderstandings.

And I don't understand why they brought this stupid CM track now as if everything else was not enough. This is a copy of SRK's Badshah which a copy of a Hollywood movie. 

Only continuing with WU for now. 

Edited by Janas2017 - 4 years ago
misfit007 thumbnail

The pressure of appeasing trp audience can't be the entire reason for such sloppy writing given we fans are able to come up with better ideas whilst still keeping in mind the requirement to maintain drama in the show. 

Agreed. It’s just plain bad writing. TRP audience aren’t dumb as CVs like to think they are. What is wrong in trying to give a proper story with an actual character build up. 5 freaking years and there has been next to nil character development. The only character who has somewhat developed at this point is Abhi, only to an extent and Disha from what i see. 🙄

Deviant_Pixel thumbnail

Agree and the show is ridden with cliches. Why does actually Rhea have to be negative? Do we really need to keep propagating that stereotype. I actually like the fact that they kept Meera positive, the whole point of a GOOD show is to put the audience in a dilemma where they hate to love certain characters.

I mean show some innovation, they could have made Rhea a troubled youth with grey shades instead of making her an idiot who goes against all logic with zero emotional intelligence and Prachi an angel sent from high above. Are human beings in EK's soaps really that one dimensional?

misfit007 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Deviant_Pixel

Agree and the show is ridden with cliches. Why does actually Rhea have to be negative? Do we really need to keep propagating that stereotype. I actually like the fact that they kept Meera positive, the whole point of a GOOD show is to put the audience in a dilemma where they hate to love certain characters.

I mean show some innovation, they could have made Rhea a troubled youth with grey shades instead of making her an idiot who goes against all logic with zero emotional intelligence and Prachi an angel sent from high above. Are human beings in EK's soaps really that one dimensional?

That’s one of the things I hate about her shows. I think back in the day she dod have characters that were more grey, bajaj for example bit i don’t think her writers now are capable of coming with such character arcs.