Sufiyana Pyaar Mera

The unforeseen...

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM~ My Musings~ 14.6.19 ~ The unforeseen

One can plan, but a popular saying goes,“nothing is certain except the unforeseen”. Kainat’s haldi ritual makes me think that generally the whole family concludes that Kainat and Humza are both simply jumping through various hoops to formalize  their alliance .Yet we know, where Kainat is concerned, one cannot foresee what she is really up to?

Zaroon, on the other hand is absolutely certain of two things currently. One, thatSaltanat will  abide by her promise,of disclosing the name of the person who is holding Saltanat back from openly accepting Zaroon, after Kainat’s nikah.Secondly, that Zaroon’s Sufiyana love disallows him to even believe in anymore unforeseen difficulties in marrying Saltanat. A keen lovers passionate expectation, no doubt. But what does standout in their stolen flirting scene is Saltanat’s anxiety over some unforeseen snag which may create a technical hitch in Kainat’s haldi ceremony...or wedding?

I would say Saltanat, anticipated some hassle! that’s why when the niggly issue of which dress Kainat turned up for the ceremony ,looms up. Saltanat was the first to dismiss the insult Dadi felt,  as a possible genuine mix up by Neelam that happens in such occasions! Saltanat’s attitude,though  causes,Rubina much angst! as her own daughter fouls up her mother’s planned fireworks! In the wrong dress mix up scene , it was interesting to note that Zaroon too supports Saltanat’s no big deal attitude. Zaroon in fact, creates a sensible diversion, when he empowers Dadi to explain the significance of the haldi ceremony as one, grooming ,preparatory,beauty treatment, given to the bride and groom by their family, for their forthcoming marriage.

Dadi’s analogy of the haldi ritual to modern day beauty parlours was great and meant good  sense to the younger generation. In fact, Dadi’s explanation of how present day salons have picked up, adapted  and modernised age old traditional use of AyerVedic herbs, roots and fruit extracts, as opposed to chemicals, to cleanse,remove and purify the body; is most appropriate to me a least. Dadi actually reminds viewers, how  ancient user friendly, rather than harmful beauty therapies’ are still in use.I saw this segment as a plus point in the episode. Also Dadi as the senior most is seen in charge of delegating roles to key figures ,thus ensuring that family members both old and young feel includedand valued, in the ceremony.

In the dress mix up scene Rubina did not foresee that the matter would be defused by her own daughter. Rubina also did not foresee that the younger clan Kainat, Saltanat, Zaroon and Neelam would all cover up for each other! and more or less make the grownups look like a bunch of fussing party poopers! Almost nit picking! Which I have to say does happen in such occasions.

What was unforeseen by me was how all the younger crowd actually argued on Kianat’s behalf. While Kainat stayed mum.. her only interaction when she was sternly questioned by Dadi, was a sided glance at Neelam who not only lied  but also took all the blame off Kainat’s head upon herself. Neelam‘s cover up for Kainat, clearly shows that Neelam also hides her own meeting with this Jibran Ayub bloke, for whom she is developing quite a liking for.

Kainat could foresee before hand, that Neelam would ger her out of this messy wrong dress mix up scenario,because Kainat could already see Neelam falling for the man. Thus Neelam would not drag the embarrassing issue, in fact she would resolve it briskly by redressing Kainat in the right outfit.

What is however unforeseen at this point by Mainjaan and the rest of the elders, is Kainat’s revulsion at being literally forced to wear the outfit sent by Humza! One can say that unforeseen panic does  seems  to  take  over her. For Kainat, in the privacy of her room, but company of her dead father..does vehemently,  comes out with, possible self harming steps! that should Humza’s herbal paste even so as touch her skin she will burn the very areas where ever its applied to her body. Who can be Kainat’s saviour in this predicament?

Kainat’s mental illness is not unforeseen by me and I would say by most viewers too , as her body, heart and her soul only sees Zaroon as her groom and not Humza. But what is anticipated of her, is that she will pull all the strings she can think off, to her advantage. Aunt Sabina, already supports Kainat  in her mission  to stop her marriage to Humza and do the unforeseen! marry Zaroon the one her heart is set on instead?

Mamoon’s moody detachment  from the whole affair was unforeseen by Ghazala, she expected that her husband would be supportive of the occasion as the two getting married are his brother and sisters children!But Mamoon moans because his plan to scoop the legacy looks more and more grim!

What was unforeseen, was the boxed ,well concealed gift! for Neelam from Jibran Ayub. A scrolled poetic thank you note. Seems the man is intoxicated by the scent of getting his hands on the dargah. The only way to get to the shrine, is to dab Neelam with the fragrance of his love.. he dreams of sensing her with the sweet smell of her presence on Kainat’s wedding day..

Will the herbal paste cleanse and purify Kainat in Humza’s name? Kainat sits through the dreaded ordeal and awaits the unforeseen for all.. but much anticipated arrival  of her! aunt Sabina! She who will set her free from the burning ordeal Kainat has planned for herself.. 15.6.19 hamlet53

Precap: This marriage cannot take place! Unforeseen words, spoken by an unforeseen person.. Sabina  comes prepared with proof to substantiate her claim before Mainjaan..  what are the contents of the scroll? That Kainat is already married? To whom?  Sabina’s son?  Or is Kainat Sabina’s daughter?

We know Sabina is no random visitor, as Nadeem referred to her as the woman his heart wanted to marry..but couldn’t! why not? looks like some unforeseen tension may arise between Rubina and Sabina. Not to mention the rocking that will occur in Zaroon’s boat!  

But one thing is for sure..Kainat has some connections! 

The show goes on. Me  keen to know what twist this new trendy dame Sabina  adds to the story! So another NRI added to the story!  Thanks Lonelythots, Irshita, Arshian for keeping my posts alive . have a great weekend! Much love hammie!   

many pardons for late post..WCC…..    

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

"Hum yeh mangni nahi karenge.." par kar li

"Hum Humza ke naam ke joda nahin pehendge.." par pehen liya

"Hum Humza ke naam ka ubtan nahin lagvaenge.." lagne hi wala tha par ruk gaya

"Zaroon hamara hai.." par hum usse dekahyi nahin dete..

Very annoyed of all the "hum"s - ek insaan ho ya poori paltan? Just noticed yesterday how repetitive Kainaat was beginning to sound. 😆

Overall the episode was boring. Kainaat's interrogation with Rubina was the only watchable part. I didn't understand why Sultanat interfered? Her "Kainaat ko shaadi se bachao" radar should have been buzzing because she is smart enough to know the importance of Dadi's handmade dress for the ceremony. Did Neelam tell her the whole story?

I wonder what's the big news that lady is bringing? I hope the wedding does not stop - someone should get married. 

I read @lonelythots comment on the other thread about the focus shifting to Zaroon and Sultanat. How? What story is there to tell? that they love each other? or how they will run the dargah and solve the problems of the family and community like Mia jaan does? 

I don't mind a reduced role for Kainaat if it is done in a meaningful way - like send her to the prison for orchestrating the kidnapping or get her married to Humza. I don't want her to become a window dressing - someone always listening in the shadows, burning with jealousy, and mouthing "hum inhe sabak seekhaenge" type meaningless/actionless dialogues.  

HAve you noticed that Humza's role has been diminished since the engagement? There are barely any dialogues or interactions with other characters. They could have used a cardboard cutout instead of him and nobody would have noticed. 

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

Originally posted by Irshita

where on earth have you been?? cricket finished ages ago...the Aussies won,, me was supporting SL.. but tomorrow is the big one! Pak.Ind!  😉.. I will stay calm! no  tamasha! just enjoy!  

"Hum yeh mangni nahi karenge.." par kar li

yes it did,, time pass

"Hum Humza ke naam ke joda nahin pehendge.." par pehen liya

"Hum Humza ke naam ka ubtan nahin lagvaenge.." lagne hi wala tha par ruk gaya

"Zaroon hamara hai.." par hum usse dekahyi nahin dete..

zaroon… wouldn't touch him with a barge pole!

that smart Sabina,  actress was Nakunj.. wow she looked stunning...

Very annoyed of all the "hum"s - ek insaan ho ya poori paltan? Just noticed yesterday how repetitive Kainaat was beginning to sound. smiley36

the hum.. is to show the aristocratic class! Dekh if Kainat goes.. I will miss her, her wicked giggle is so evil.. 

Overall the episode was boring. Kainaat's interrogation with Rubina was the only watchable part. I didn't understand why Sultanat interfered? Her "Kainaat ko shaadi se bachao" radar should have been buzzing because she is smart enough to know the importance of Dadi's handmade dress for the ceremony. Did Neelam tell her the whole story?

quite possible Neelam hai tu uske wadi chamchi!

I wonder what's the big news that lady is bringing? I hope the wedding does not stop - someone should get married. 

that's what most people want a shaadi, since its been a hot topic... as far as Saaby goes,, you have to see the episode.. mera tu meter ghum gaya.. incredible!

I read @lonelythots comment on the other thread about the focus shifting to Zaroon and Sultanat. How? What story is there to tell? that they love each other? or how they will run the dargah and solve the problems of the family and community like Mia jaan does? 

yes my heart sank.. what? phasing Kainat out? how off putting! for me at least.. I warm to underdogs besides Z.S bore me..😵

I don't mind a reduced role for Kainaat if it is done in a meaningful way - like send her to the prison for orchestrating the kidnapping or get her married to Humza. I don't want her to become a window dressing - someone always listening in the shadows, burning with jealousy, and mouthing "hum inhe sabak seekhaenge" type meaningless/actionless dialogues.  

kainat needs some purpose in life.. other than the Toronto Jet!  I think she should work in an aviary .. seeing she loves  birdies  .. doves, waise the way she is actingm she may well be passed off as a basket case .. and carted off to a mental institution ..

HAve you noticed that Humza's role has been diminished since the engagement? There are barely any dialogues or interactions with other characters. They could have used a cardboard cutout instead of him and nobody would have noticed

I was beginning to think he was of some use ,in doing delegated tasks at the dargah... you have to see the next episode , it  is surely out of the ordinary.. Humza ka band baj jaye ga..

aacha goodluck for the cricket! mate .. may the best team win!  Oval  is an hour n' half drive  awayfrom where I live.. and no me watching it with my family and mates  at home.. khana shana bhi hoga ..

love hammie..