Had it been US Nana wld hv been in jail right now - Tanushree Dutta

Posted: 4 years ago

Tanushree Dutta Shoots, "Had It Been The US, Nana Would Be In Jail By Now"; Also, Vows To “Never Return To India”

After a shocking turn in the Tanushree Dutta-Nana Patekar #MeToo case, yesterday, where the cops closed the file due to lack of evidence, SpotboyE.com got in touch with Tanushree to know her current state of mind. Not to our surprise, the actress was furious but not dejected

Tanushree Dutta Shoots, "Had It Been The US, Nana Would Be In Jail By Now"; Also, Vows To “Never Return To India”

Yesterday, Tanushree Dutta and Nana Patekar’s #MeToo controversy took an unexpected turn when the Mumbai police submitted a closure report in court on the grounds that it is a ‘no prima facie case’ against Patekar. This definitely brought relief to Nana but the one who was left fuming was Tanushree Dutta.

We contacted the actress to know what she intends to do ahead and what is her take on the court’s decision. Not to our surprise, Tanushree was extremely disappointed and angry. We shot our first question and asked if she was expecting this decision? “Yes, I was expecting it and I am not surprised. This hellhole has some very obvious outcomes for whoever finds themselves in it,” Tanushree replied instantly.

Although the decision has not been in her favour, but the Chocolate actress intends to continue the fight, even though she has no hopes for justice. Tanushree said, “It’s not the end because we are challenging this false and fabricated report and asked for re-investigation but frankly, I have no hope for justice anymore. If it was the USA, I am 100 percent sure these four culprits including Nana, would be behind the bars as well as those who attacked my car at their behest.”

Tanushree further revealed that she came to know about the development from the media and not the police, indicating how the entire process was carried out secretly and with an agenda. “It’s so strange that we got to know about the closure of the case from the media and not from the police. If they told us that they were filing such a report, we would have stopped them and filed an injunction against it. So, clearly it was all carried out in secret,” Tanushree told us while adding, “They (police) had ample proof to arrest Patekar but still dillydallied and played along with his team that was harassing our witnesses.”

Ask her what exactly went against her, considering she had good support from industry and strong social media presence, Tanushree is quick to respond, “It’s a scum-land out there- law and justice are all for sale and eve-teasing, harassing women is a sign of masculine pride. In India, if you have money and connections, clean chits are simple to get.”

So, does that mean she has lost hope in Indian judiciary system? Will she return to India to continue the fight and the actress says, "I don’t ever want to come back to India. I hope I never have to. I deserve a good life away from all this toxicity and negativity. It’s been 10 years and I'm ready to let go with or without justice. These are bad human beings and I somehow got caught up with them."

As Dutta wraps up the conversation, we ask her what happens to the movement she initiated and the fire which it caught after the actress raised her voice? "It’s not my job to carry forward movements. I told my story and that created a movement and if you don’t have the integrity to continue then I cannot be blamed for it. I don’t want to spend the rest of my life wasting energy in fighting them. It’s their karma and for those of you who question me, it’s your karma,” an angry Tanushree signs off.

https://www.spotboye.com/bollywood/news/tanushree-dutta-shoots-had-it-been-the-us-nana-would-be-in-jail-by-now-also-vows-to-never-return-to-india/5d037fceae899b1f085c5a55?fbclid=IwAR19Bsu0sfVVYoPZnzJLOMR7CkCMPlYPg4VNnLdpvBxxQAh-J0RYonR0FGs

As much as I admire Tanushree for speaking up..i can't help but admit that she made a joke out of the whole issue : first things first she herself knows that she won't get justice 2nd she thought that calling nana out in the media may make a difference but instead she faced a lot of flak and the trolling, sure some people did come forward to support her but that was not enough. Considering the laws in India, it takes a whole lifetime or sometimes even death in proving the allegations. I wont' say that she should stop trying or give up but I do would like to suggest that she makes her case enough stronger for having a strong and viable investigation. this is how it is ! 

Well that is a lie, even in today's America, the one that immigrants like her want to turn into the hell holes they left behind, and even with the political corruption that was rampantly created to weaken her at her core, in America there is still some rule of law, and people are considered innocent until proven guilty, so you ms Dutta would have had to produce  some proof, it is not as simple as it is in India, that you show up accuse a man and his life goes to hell, on your word.  Do not be a fool, all those cases you read about in the media have to produce a lot of corroborating evidence before they can convict someone, and even then those people still have rights under the law.  If there is no evidence, no matter how much the females lie or how corrupt the politicians in that city, the innocent cannot be convicted, example; SCOTUS Kavanaugh.  But you could have been sued for defamation.

Nah! This isn't true at all. Known predators like Woody Allen are still getting awards and recognition. There is still a lot of underlying discrimination against women especially in fields like tech and a lot of sexual harasser at work still go scot-free.

Dont know about Nana but with the kind of evidence and open harassment going on, Professional stalker Kangana Runout and her sister would hv been in Jail for sure. As the Laws, Media and Public there are more Gender Neutral. 

It is funny how Tanushree is still lying about who broke her car here despite video evidence showing the contrary, Sahara media person confession and her old FIR against media persons. I hope Nana sues her for defamation. 

Edited by ThunderLight - 4 years ago

Had it been USA, she would've had to provide strong evidence to pursue. It's cause it's India, he got bashed so badly without any proof that he was the culprit...

Ah no. India has the worst judiciary in the world but your fake case wouldn't stand up to scrutiny anywhere in the world much less USA where they still have some common sense and a jury system.

Kevin spacey never been arrested so thats not true 

Hope she stays far away from India. We have enough of pests don't need more here.