Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Still from Jugraafiya song - Super 30 | Hrithik, Mrunal - Page 2

Posted: 4 years ago

This content was originally posted by: AllThatCritique

Yes. Because YouTube likes and comments determine credibility. That would make Salman Al Pacino. 😆Anyway,again Hrithik's a great actor but this is more on the caricature lines than a honest portrayal. Lets see if the movie changes things. 

Most of Salman trailers get views. Not likes. And comments are mostly negative. There is nothing caricature about it. His dressing and styling have been done based on what Anand used to wear in younger days. Dont judge by his recent pics. U shud see his 1993 or 2003 pics. 

Edited by ThunderLight - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mulann thumbnail

Hrithik 😍 though he is not "looking good" here, but he is a perfectionist. For doing the role with pure efficiency, it's ok to not look so good sometimes. 

TrustNo1 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Looks very fake. 

hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I'm not really liking his look in the movie. The moustache gives Charlie Chaplin vibes more.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

This content was originally posted by: ThunderLight

As if this is first time Hrithik has tanned himself. He tanned himself even for Kites, even as richie Raj in his debut film and almost every other Ad or Photo shoot. The problem is some people still find him good looking even after the tan and that shows their bias bcoz they think he is too handsome to play a poor guy or Bihari. Biopics is not a Look alike contest in any case. 

They didn’t give him a tan, they painted his face in an attempt to make his complexion match that of Anand’s. This looks almost as ridiculous as Blackface actors of Hollywood from the olden days.  If this role had to be played by Hrithik then maybe not call it a biography and maybe just say it was inspired by Anand Kumar’s story.  If this was always supposed to be a biography of Anand Kumar then maybe not cast one of the fairest actors with green eyes.  

This content was originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

They didn’t give him a tan, they painted his face in an attempt to make his complexion match that of Anand’s. This looks almost as ridiculous as Blackface actors of Hollywood from the olden days.  If this role had to be played by Hrithik then maybe not call it a biography and maybe just say it was inspired by Anand Kumar’s story.  If this was always supposed to be a biography of Anand Kumar then maybe not cast one of the fairest actors with green eyes.  

Clearly u hv been reading lot of paid articles by rivals. Blackface was done at a time when Afro Americans were slaves and were not permitted to act and Whites used to not only paint their face black but also mocked their lips and nostrils. To compare it to a brown man who plays another brown man and tanning himself to match the guy he is representing and then saying only dark skinned guys shud hv played the role is a sign of Racism and Stupidity. If Kajol could play Kashmiri by using light lenses and lightening, if Rajkumar Rao cud look like a clown playing Bose, if SRK cud VFX himself as a dwarf, then even Hrithik can play Anandkumar. It was choice of Anandkumar to select Hrithik and he alone has the right to decide. And he is very happy. And yeah, it is Inspired from Anand Kumar's story as mentioned even in the Posters. It is not Hrithik's problem if he is too Handsome to play Akbar or Anandkumar as both of them never looked like him at all. 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

This content was originally posted by: ThunderLight

Clearly u hv been reading lot of paid articles by rivals. Blackface was done at a time when Afro Americans were slaves and were not permitted to act and Whites used to not only paint their face black but also mocked their lips and nostrils. To compare it to a brown man who plays another brown man and tanning himself to match the guy he is representing and then saying only dark skinned guys shud hv played the role is a sign of Racism and Stupidity. If Kajol could play Kashmiri by using light lenses and lightening, if Rajkumar Rao cud look like a clown playing Bose, if SRK cud VFX himself as a dwarf, then even Hrithik can play Anandkumar. It was choice of Anandkumar to select Hrithik and he alone has the right to decide. And he is very happy. 

I don’t care enough about Hrithik or this movie to read articles by rivals.  I’m only giving my opinion after seeing the trailer and some pictures on social media or here.  I know full well what blackface was about and yes I will compare a very fair skinned man getting painted to look dark to blackface.  Anand Kumar May have chosen him but that doesn’t mean it’s wasn’t an absolute ridiculous move to paint Hrithik like that.  And I’m sorry but your examples don’t apply here.  SRK played a fictional dwarf, it wasn’t a biography.  Rajkumar Rao isn’t known for being fair and doesn’t have striking green eyes and he also wasn’t painted.  Issue here isn’t that Hrithik’s look was changed.  It is that he was painted to look darker.  In a world that has such a messed up unbalanced view of dark skin vs white skin watching Hrithik’s painted face only reinforces those prejudices.  

This content was originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I don’t care enough about Hrithik or this movie to read articles by rivals.  I’m only giving my opinion after seeing the trailer and some pictures on social media or here.  I know full well what blackface was about and yes I will compare a very fair skinned man getting painted to look dark to blackface.  Anand Kumar May have chosen him but that doesn’t mean it’s wasn’t an absolute ridiculous move to paint Hrithik like that.  And I’m sorry but your examples don’t apply here.  SRK played a fictional dwarf, it wasn’t a biography.  Rajkumar Rao isn’t known for being fair and doesn’t have striking green eyes and he also wasn’t painted.  Issue here isn’t that Hrithik’s look was changed.  It is that he was painted to look darker.  In a world that has such a messed up unbalanced view of dark skin vs white skin watching Hrithik’s painted face only reinforces those prejudices.  

So what? Is it first time? He was tanned even in Kites and so many Photo shoots and even Ads. Hrithik painted himself even more black in KNPH when he danced to Sitaaron ye Mehfil and he played the rich guy there. It shows that the only prejudice there is of a certain section against Mainstream stars. Rajkumar was shown fairer than he was in the film and his built or feature look nothing like Bose. Why did they not write when Vishal Bharadwaj darkened and even showed them highly dirtied Sanya and Radhika in Pataakha? Hrithik is breaking the stereotype that dark guys cannot hv green eyes.😎 

Sociopath thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Murnal is so pretty. I find her better looking than the likes of sara, jhanvi and alia