Ishqbaaaz

SC's new show Sanjivani. Producer Sid confirmed it officially - Page 5

Gayathri_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

This content was originally posted by: AreYaar

Lol the age old “Shivaay is the most regressive character” argument *yawns*. I guess some people will never tire of repeating something that has been proven incorrect a million times in this forum. 

If Shivaay was tossing Anika against walls, so was so called doctor Armaan for bimbo Doctor Riddhima 🙄😂 in Sid Malhotra produced DMG.  

*Edited to add:

I don’t get why criticism of Sid M requires comparison with Gul shows to glorify 🙄. Lol at this point, all production houses on Indian TV are trash. I never said a Gul Show is better than Sid M shows or vice versa. They are all the same level of trash using similar gimmicks. Sid M shows are hormonal and so are all Gul shows. So why the need to venerate Sid M shows? 

And lol no one can definitively say whether SC has traded up or down until the show actually airs and her characterization is revealed. Anika was an iconic multi-shaded character. Regardless of PH, it will be a tall order to live up to Anika’s legacy. Rather than claiming she has traded up or down, wait to see if there is even any substance in what she gets to play. Most Sid M shows haven’t had that substance from what I’ve seen. The writing is gimmicky and average at best. 

I just find it amusing that people feel the need to invalidate SC’s legacy as Anika simply cuz Gul is a psycho. Yeah it was a Gul show but SC got the best role of her life in this show only. Fact

1000000000......%

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ithihaas thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: xAaliya

I don't agree with this at all, Shivaay is the only Gul male lead to have a proper progression yes he did a few bad things which he took 2.5 years to make for. We can't say anything about Sanjivani yet until it goes on air and establish itself as a show, we can wait 6 months after it airs to comment if Sanjivani is a good show or not?

Every producers these days are trp hungry and will do anything for ratings, Sanjivani have a good starcast so far that's all I can say but let's hope Sid do all these actors justice!

@bold..very true and also looks like channel PH wants the trps as soon as the show starts....earlier shows were given time to develop characters and story line....but now that seems to be not the case....especially not after seeing what happened to Shrenu's new show....

Edited by ithihaas - 4 years ago
ithihaas thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

Lol the age old “Shivaay is the most regressive character” argument *yawns*. I guess some people will never tire of repeating something that has been proven incorrect a million times in this forum. 

If Shivaay was tossing Anika against walls, so was so called doctor Armaan for bimbo Doctor Riddhima 🙄😂 in Sid Malhotra produced DMG.  

*Edited to add:

I don’t get why criticism of Sid M requires comparison with Gul shows to glorify 🙄. Lol at this point, all production houses on Indian TV are trash. I never said a Gul Show is better than Sid M shows or vice versa. They are all the same level of trash using similar gimmicks. Sid M shows are hormonal and so are all Gul shows. So why the need to venerate Sid M shows? 

And lol no one can definitively say whether SC has traded up or down until the show actually airs and her characterization is revealed. Anika was an iconic multi-shaded character. Regardless of PH, it will be a tall order to live up to Anika’s legacy. Rather than claiming she has traded up or down, wait to see if there is even any substance in what she gets to play. Most Sid M shows haven’t had that substance from what I’ve seen. The writing is gimmicky and average at best. 

I just find it amusing that people feel the need to invalidate SC’s legacy as Anika simply cuz Gul is a psycho. Yeah it was a Gul show but SC got the best role of her life in this show only. Fact. 

@bold...very true...Annika is iconic and SC as Annika got to portray very different avatars as an actor....

@italics...exactly...what Gul did with Shivika/IB or SC, is another thing but still its Gul who has created that character and gave opportunity to SC ! No doubt SC did beyond what is written but still NM and SC both got their life time characters in the name of Shivaay and Annika and I am almost sure given with the amount of non-sense that ITV is sprouting these days, it will be really hard to find such characters. 

There is a reason why inspite of every thing that happened with IB and Shivika, Shivaay/Annika and Shivika will be the ones which will be remembered for long time ! 

I have always wondered why ppl in order to praise one thing have to put down the other ! 

AreYaar thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: ithihaas

@bold...very true...Annika is iconic and SC as Annika got to portray very different avatars as an actor....

@italics...exactly...what Gul did with Shivika/IB or SC, is another thing but still its Gul who has created that character and gave opportunity to SC ! No doubt SC did beyond what is written but still NM and SC both got their life time characters in the name of Shivaay and Annika and I am almost sure given with the amount of non-sense that ITV is sprouting these days, it will be really hard to find such characters. 

There is a reason why inspite of every thing that happened with IB and Shivika, Shivaay/Annika and Shivika will be the ones which will be remembered for long time ! 

I have always wondered why ppl in order to praise one thing have to put down the other ! 

I toh am 100% sure now, man😆. TV is in the worst phase possible that I can remember in all the years I’ve watched. Shows don’t even bother with basic characterization anymore. Bas 2-3 genetic traits from a template poorly done. Cliches bhi dhang se nahin karne aate. 

In such a landscape, without a doubt Shivaay and Anika’s value rises further in my eyes. The TV landscape gets more and more shallow and convoluted while Shivika live on in our memories as a rare fully evolved journey. 

I do wish SC’s role is good in the new show but given how most recently launched shows have gone, one really can’t have much hope 🤷‍♀️

Koel100 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

*Edited to add:

I just find it amusing that people feel the need to invalidate SC’s legacy as Anika simply cuz Gul is a psycho. Yeah it was a Gul show but SC got the best role of her life in this show only. Fact. 

Same Siddharth p.malhotra made ek Hasina thi which had characters like durga, Sakshi Goenka & Shaurya Goenka, so how exactly does his shows doesn't have substance.

And how exactly is Annika gonna be career best of SC. Who are you or me the one to decide it. She is still working & working till she would like & take up what would interest her. Annika at best was the most popular gul lead but not as iconic as people are making out it to be. Wait for her future projects before proclaiming a gul FL Annika as someone's career best

SK1509 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Koel100

Same Siddharth p.malhotra made ek Hasina thi which had characters like durga, Sakshi Goenka & Shaurya Goenka, so how exactly does his shows doesn't have substance.

And how exactly is Annika gonna be career best of SC. Who are you or me the one to decide it. She is still working & working till she would like & take up what would interest her. Annika at best was the most popular gul lead but not as iconic as people are making out it to be. Wait for her future projects before proclaiming a gul FL Annika as someone's career best

The people who say Annika is SC’s career best haven’t seen her performance in Qubool Hain. SC was the acting VIP on that show and pretty much carried every scene as Haya. Her acting as Haya and the popularity earned as Annika is probably the reason she was cast as the lead in Sanjivani.

SK1509 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: xAaliya

I don't agree with this at all, Shivaay is the only Gul male lead to have a proper progression yes he did a few bad things which he took 2.5 years to make for. We can't say anything about Sanjivani yet until it goes on air and establish itself as a show, we can wait 6 months after it airs to comment if Sanjivani is a good show or not?

Every producers these days are trp hungry and will do anything for ratings, Sanjivani have a good starcast so far that's all I can say but let's hope Sid do all these actors justice!

Have you not watched Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? ASR was the only Gul male lead to have received proper progression. Shivaay was a pastiche of ASR and previous characters from Qubool Hain - the only reason why he was palatable was because of Nakuul’s performance.

Sanjivani has an incredibly famous and well known cast. It is clear the budget for this show is far bigger than the beginning of IB, and considering how SM was the guy in charge when the original and it’s sequels got high TRPs Star Plus is clearly banking on this. 

KALVIN thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: ithihaas

But i slightly differ here. Gul was never in mood to highlight SC in IB in initial days. She always wanted to focus on three brother story and more so Shivvay. It was SC persona and performance who made an impact and Gul always used that to save her show. So Gul did not make Annika character, credit goes to SC herself and TRP audience who rejected three brother story. Completely my view.

Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: SK1509

Have you not watched Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? ASR was the only Gul male lead to have received proper progression. Shivaay was a pastiche of ASR and previous characters from Qubool Hain - the only reason why he was palatable was because of Nakuul’s performance.

Sanjivani has an incredibly famous and well known cast. It is clear the budget for this show is far bigger than the beginning of IB, and considering how SM was the guy in charge when the original and it’s sequels got high TRPs Star Plus is clearly banking on this. 

I watched IPKKND I was a huge fan of that show but tell me what progression Arnav had? He basically didn't had any progression despite a simple sorry and even after the truth came out he still blackmailed her and always blame her for Anjali problems with her pyscho husband Shyam Shivaay might have always choose his family over her but never once he blame her