Rajan Saahi witnessing the worst phase of Yeh Rishta

Posted: 4 years ago

Don't know about other viewers but I personally was indebted to Rajan Saahi for introducing the first ever positive rational and entertaining show on the Indian telly.

The show in its glorious 9 year long legacy has witnessed ups and lows but never lost its charm. It remained either too interesting or interesting but was never boring.

But what did I watch in the first episode post leap? Is this the same show ðŸ˜² ?? I cudnt believe the pathetic undoing not only of characters but of the show itself. What made me feel horrible can be illustrated in some points-

A- Am I the only one who thought Shivangi forgot to act! Did you find her dialogues forced when she was bringing that drowning person out? And later when she was calling baby! Baby! I don't like to get photographed! It was too over the top forced.

B- Couldn't they think of even more worse and ridiculous entry of Kairav? First the kid is dumb and second if Rajan Saahi has chosen to follow EKTA track then why didn't he give it a thought to introduce the kid in a best spossible way post leap. I remember the way Pihu was introduced and Sneha of Kasauti but this one is a big flopa.

3-Naira didn't evolve as a person? Still that romance in dream? I didn't like it. She was awesome in the last leap but now she is projected as a side character. No work on dialogues or direction.

4- Tina the Tintin gaga was a crap and the recurrent repitition by Kairav was beyond my tolerance. I am feeling guilty for hating that kid actor even vansh was better than him.

5 Naira's equally annoying friend reminded me of adorable Tanvi and I couldn't help pitying the show today.

6- Manish's cool avatar again dumped my expectations from the leap. Can't stop thinking of the last leap.

7-The new girl Vedica! Sick! I am ready to watch Aashi re-entering  but plz forgive us Pankhuri..you are so forced in the script.

8- Singhaniyas disappeared, who cares! They were good for nothing. Had they been retained they could have got my blood boiled by pleading or begging to Karthik or his Dadi or Naksh cud have manayofying Karthik for getting remarried.

9- Lastly Karthik, dude I pity your character dileanation I wish I cud have replaced your present script to the previous one which seemed much more intense in the first leap

10- Why did they make Vansh sooo important out of the blue. Is this Karthik,'s forte to bring up Vansh when his parents are there? 

I didn't watch today's episode because I don't feel like watching it anymore. I think I would just follow the written updates untill the custody battle starts. I never found yeh Rishta this pathetic. I am trying hard to cop with it.

Agree with almost everything you said. The leap, the separation, everything seems so forced. Naira hasn’t learned anything from her past experiences. She ran away when she was young, she ran away to Mumbai and now she’s in Goa, doing what she’s best at, hiding and lying. This time the magnitude of her lie is huge which would have lasting impact on Kartik and Kairav’s relationship. How convenient of her to destroy three lives all on her own accord. 

As you said, Naira does seem like a side character right now. I have no qualms in accepting that I am a bit biased towards Kartik, but even then, I hate to see how Naira is being portrayed. A whole month was dedicated to Kartik’s internal termoil, his insecurities, his jealousy, all that lead to that dreaded night, but not even one proper scene has been dedicated to Naira’s reaction towards it. She was shocked and then she left. Did she ever wonder what made Kartik ask that question? Who’s fault was it really? Why did Kartik not come to seek her? Is he still mad? Was their love a facade? Is she doing the right thing by hiding about the kid? 

Their kid is being more expressive. He wants to know about his father but he’s repressing his emotions for his mother. Naira, on the other hand, hasn’t been shown once thinking about what her kid must be going through. She only thinks about what am i gonna answer if he asks me, but what about does my son deserve to lead this life when he has a family who would love him dearly. She’s appearing selfish to me, only thinking about her anger, her self-respect. 

Kartik, on the other hand, is dying every second. Every emotion of his is is properly explored, be it him putting on a facade in front of the family or silently crying to himself. It makes it easier to connect to his character. 

Vedika is annoying and unnecessary. Period. How is she even willing to marry a guy who’s clearly obsessed with his dead wife and would remain so for his life. No personality whatsoever. No wonder Dadi likes her. She’s the pushover person Dadi can tolerate. 

Dadi has started with her emotional blackmail. Suggesting remarriage it not wrong but why try to pressurise a man who’s clearly not there yet? Why destroy his life, along with his new wife’s. 

Glad the Singhania’s are out of picture right now. I am already losing my cool with the storyline, they would have really tested my patience. 

Vansh is being given importance to show the change in dynamic once Kairav, the rightful heir, enters the villa. The kid is so much cuter than Kairav imo. 

Wanna take a break from the show but at the same time I  am curious as to when and how Kartik and Kairav will meet for the once time. Don’t really care about Kaira as of now. 

All naira's crying for me gives me meh vibes...like cry all you want it doesnt change how much of a villain you are right now...

I bet if gayu or anyone else did what she did or husband asked her the same she would have shoved her nose in their business and fought with him and lectured her about how important it is to raise a kid with both parents... bla bla 

Naira can preach all she wants about woman empowerment but she is the biggest fool of the lot because she cannot take her own advice

Originally posted by Fari_15

As you said, Naira does seem like a side character right now. I have no qualms in accepting that I am a bit biased towards Kartik, but even then, I hate to see how Naira is being portrayed. A whole month was dedicated to Kartik’s internal termoil, his insecurities, his jealousy, all that lead to that dreaded night, but not even one proper scene has been dedicated to Naira’s reaction towards it. She was shocked and then she left. Did she ever wonder what made Kartik ask that question? Who’s fault was it really? Why did Kartik not come to seek her? Is he still mad? Was their love a facade? Is she doing the right thing by hiding about the kid? 

Their kid is being more expressive. He wants to know about his father but he’s repressing his emotions for his mother. Naira, on the other hand, hasn’t been shown once thinking about what her kid must be going through. She only thinks about what am i gonna answer if he asks me, but what about does my son deserve to lead this life when he has a family who would love him dearly. She’s appearing selfish to me, only thinking about her anger, her self-respect. 

I agree....its the flaw in writing...previously when Naira ran away to Rishikesh and she was actually a side character....her inner turmoil emotions were perfectly portrayed or weren't  of secondary importance....they immediately showed her back story and how hurt she was....how she suffered because of  misunderstanding that her mother want to hand her over to police...during Mumbai track...Naira became lifeless...after that mutual separation and exchange of I hate yous...she lost herself...and had a valid reason to...she stopped justifying her actions being tired...also Kartik took responsibility of mentally ill patient Suwarna who didn't want to see Naira's face...so her being away with her father when Kartik himself didn't contact her...after mutual separation....living in Mumbai...trying to complete her education won't be termed running away....but this time...Naira is too shallow to digest...I mean...no back story....no reason...except anger and hurt....what kind of denial it is?....letting your child live a life he don't deserve to...without father...without luxuries...when she herself suffered because of same life....maybe she contacted Kartik when he caused Vedika's father accident....he wasn't available that time...or anything like that....to me her anger is not the reason...to keep Kirav away from Kartik...I no longer feel connected to Naira...physical strength...coping up with low budget....raising your child...is good...but....that doesn't define Naira...for me...she wasn't this shallow...that her life would revolve around secondary things like these...not even once she thought about pain Kairav has to go through because of her impulsive decision...this is not sherni Naira....who fought for everyone...compromised for every relation...but not for her own son?...she returned to Kartik several times after crossing that "chokhat"...when nani told her too...but can't cross it to get her son meet his father?...her lover/wife side is still connectable but her mother side is not...atleast to me.....she doesn't seem Kairav's mother...no because of age but because of no sadness for a part of her losing on everything....she is living a life in a bubble with no emotions....where everything is perfect till Kairav ask about his father....why her inner turmoil is restricted to " what if Kairav ask about his father" ? and not to what kind of life she is giving to Kairav...

Exactly. In Mumbai track, she was shown as lifeless in the sense that after a point she stopped caring. Here, however, we don’t know what she’s even feeling except for anger and disappointment maybe? 

How does her being angry justify snatching away a child’s identity? His birth-right of knowing his family, his father. 

I don’t feel sorry for when she cries or is struggling to make ends meet because Kartik is literally a call away. Money problems, fighting with goons, everything seems ridiculous as if she’s trying to prove a point to herself at the cost of her son’s happiness, his well-being. 

Agree with each and every word of yours.  I am just not liking this new leap.  I feel like something is missing.

Din't like Naira's scenes,  Naira's dressing and Naira's part of story.  No logic no coordination.  

I don't even like the actor playing Kairaav.  Don't know why.  Like I have seen so so many serials introducing kids post leap and really for a week or a month atleast  the story used to interest me. 

But here the kid doesn't interests me.  May be in a hurry they dint do proper casting.  Or I need to wait for a week and then comment on Kairaav. But this leap doesn't interests me.  

And that Vedika character is so sick.  No personality at all.  How can someone force herself on a man who is just not into her and will never be.  It's good that you adore him or love him whatsoever seeing his love and dedication for his dead wife but how can you force him to love you.  I need to bang my head around this logic. 

Edited by shiny9911 - 4 years ago

The storyline right now is quite flawed. A girl who was a dancer and then an overnight jewelry designer is now teaching yoga for money? Nothing make sense anymore and Naira comes of as someone who has become more childish vs matured after becoming a mother.

When you have taken the action to leave your family and let them assume that you are dead why are you remembering the past. If you made a decision to take such a drastic step be smart and move forward in life. Right now it looks like she faked her death but doesn't know why she left.

By the way if by chance Karthik marries Vedika I can only imagine him trying to mold her into being like his Naira.

Edited by rose2015 - 4 years ago

This is the worst phase for Yeh Rishta KKH because it has not only lost it's charm, but it has also lost it's uniqueness, simplicity, creativity, good storyline, good writers (now writers are crappy ), good producer As Rajan Shahi has LOST his mind, he's just hungry for 💰 money and has tarnished YRKKH along with Star plus. The show has become irreparable from the damage. And who gives that STUPID name to a kid, Kairav!! Such a LAME name! Doesn't even sounds like a name LOL. This is a joke on Yeh Rishta team because they are showing that they're presenting CRAP and they need to SHUT DOWN now. Now even Mohsin and Shivangi also CANNOT save this show .... And over the top, Pankhuri's entry as Vedica looks so FORCED that she has NO personality of her own. I pity on this show now which was once one of my favorite show. It feels so SAD to see YRKKH struggling like this. Instead Rajan shahi should have ENDED this crap and started something NEW. He and his writers have lost creativity as now they are COPYING Ekta Kapoor's shows. 

Truly now I can say, Naitik-Akshara phase was the BEST for this show.... Because Kartik-Naira have LOST that respect as a couple and infact has become the worst phase for this show. I also didn't like child actor playing stupidly named Kairav!! Casting is also bleh!! Ild characters were behaving stupidly for example Manish.

Rest in peace YRKKH.

The show did hav potential to do well wid small storylines, n gud mix of side stories. But, they ruined it. It wud hav been better to end d show on gud note. 

This leap seems forced. Spcly on naira's part. They r not showing proper backstory to her side. I wud hav liked to see singhanias as well post leap. D fact I used to lyk yrkkh was it had so many relations n equations wid each family member. Now it's all abt kaira. 

However, I liked Karthik's side of story. It's been shown properly. His regret, loneliness, d mask he puts in front of family, the way he can't express what he's goin through. Mohsin's acting always impresses me. 

Vedika's character addition s also a misfit. Oly thing I lyked was, family trying to tell Karthik dat u hav to move on. In reality, it's true. Even though it's hard to lose a loved one n move on. I think Manish was trying to say dat, it's gud to hav a companion fr lyf, instead of spending lyf alone, which s true in some cases n der's nothin wrong in it . Alas, story s not abt dat concept so it wud b better if d makers don't show Karthik marryin vedhika. 

Kids r doin gud. Vansh n kairav. They might b hardly 5 or 6 yrs. It's commendable dat they r doin their part. They r actin at such young age, n I liked their scenes. 

N lastly, a thumbs up to shivangi for agreeing to play mother of 5yr old, at such young age. It's commendable dat she has to understand n portray dat role at dis age. 

Dear apko aisa kun lg raha k custody drama hoga? Bcz kartik bht bht guilty hai k usny naira k sath bht bura kia hai bht ghalat kia hai.. i m sure k wo kbi bhi naira py case ni kary ga.. case krny ka matlb hoga k naira ko phr sy taklif dena bht zaida taklif dena..jo k kartik ni kary gaa