•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM~MyMusings~ 11.6.19 ~ On her principles…

She is well known for her beliefs and views about what is morally, ethically and spiritual rightor wrong. This then is Saltanat Shah the beauty who has besotted Zaroon. Attaining Saltanat has become Zaroon’s purpose of life. Over a brief period she has become his life source without whom to survive for him is quite impossible. All during the holy month of Ramzan he fasted and in prayers only asked god repetitively for Saltanat’s love. Zaroon anticipated on moon sighting night,that Saltanat would say the three life giving words to him but she withheld her confession, and still keeps him in waiting.

The episode demonstrates Saltanat is once again amidst a scenario where she struggles to fight off  pressure on her to compromise  on her principles of discretion.Alongside we have Kainat, who is also aware, of how Saltanat never forsakes, or  ignores her fundamental beliefs  and  virtues. However  Kainat plans to use the very principles of her cousin, to create gradual  fissures between Saltanat and Zaroon!

The opening of the episode, heralds the Eid morning and Mainjaan not wishing to exclude women of the household from  Eid blessings in principle, renews the custom of  women gifting men of the household with a cap , symbolic of respect and status and a hanker-chief that relates to purity and cleanliness. The scene brings in a fond tradition, whereby Kainat can earn respect and thanks from Zaroon, plus can claim a moral victory over Saltanat before all the family. Kainat knew her entry into the room with a namaaz cap and  a pure white folded handkerchief will raise a few eyebrows as to who will she give it to? Her walk towards Zaroon was again to play mind games with the onlookers, including Hamza, Saltanat and Zaroon  himself. But what Kainat does only she knows! She knows whose favour she seeks and whose morals she wants to trample down. The idea of course is to show cousin sisterly love.. that she would condescend and hand over the cap and hankie  for Zaroon, not from her own hands but by Saltanat’s hands. The act was symbolical  of the fact that both loved Zaroon. Only Kainat claims high moral ground, by showing that she actually facilitates the gift giving from Saltanat  to Zaroon! Kainat through her mediation shows  Saltanat that her principles will hold her back in what her heart actually tells her to do! So Kainat comes in to do the honours! The sly move, is that under cover Kainat gives the cap and handkerchief to Zaroon, the love of her life, without any one suspecting her! As technically it's Saltanat who is the giver on Kainat ‘s behalf and Zaroon the disputed man!as  the receiver of the gift!

Hamza too gets his due, as Dadi holds the cap and hankie meant for him. But again condescendingly, Kainat gives it to him. Dadi watches the sham scene with a foxy smile ,which means the whole scenario  was probably set up..  Zaroon,Saltanat, Kainat bit, certainly was.  

The musical game was completely contrived by Zaroon ,with a clear agenda to it as well. Zaroon had prearranged the song ,Dadi as  DJ,and who is to be kicked out of the game systematically ,till him and Saltanat are the final pair competing for the winning position.What was probably not contrived but  worked to his advantage,was Mainjaan declaring Zaroon as  the winner.

Finally as planned, the winner Zaroon asks Saltanat the dreaded question ,which she would have to answer publicly as a demand from the winner since she lost the game!

The whole scene,along with the appropriate song about hiding a dreaded secret if revealed would be damaging! Is high drama! Zainab the guilty party dreads the result, if Saltanat opens her mouth to Zaroon’s demand of naming the person who is forcing Saltanat to reject Zaroon! Tension mounts up as Saltanat stands her ground, that her lips are sealed as to the identity of the person.

Emotions run high.  Saltanat chastises him of taking a fun time family game too far! Zaroon is irate, he says this bit is not fun and games! Their future lives are at stake! Zainab is mortified.. but Kainat is as cool as a cucumber. She knows too well that her principle guided sister will not breach the code of secrecy! Plus she would not dare to go against the oath given to Zainab  by the holy scriptures!

So right Kainat is! For when Saltanat finally cracks open. It's not Zainab but her own name she takes Saltanat Shah as the very person who rejects Zaroon ‘s love! and that's the way her parents have reared her, no one can influence her in calling something that she believes is wrong to be right!

Zaroon is furious! He knows she was not speaking for herself but someone else’s  agenda! Mainjaan still wants to confirm things, as both he and others may have heard incorrectly. But the principles guided Saltanat reiterates that what she just disclosed ,is exactly how she feels, is not coerced or pressurized by any another person. Well there’s no doubt their Sufiyana love is out!

Mainjaan too is devastated. Regretfully he tells Mamoon to have a word with Zaroon that love cannot be won by force and pressure tactics. Kainat has a smirk on her face,she knew the last thing Saltanat would do is to make concessions in what she believes in. Kainat knows how Saltanat gave into  her mother’s pleas of Kainat being an orphan! Engulfed with darkness, Zaroon brought light in her life. That if Kainat does not have Zaroon she will surely die! Kainat knows Saltanat’s regard and respect for her widowed aunt will not allow her to forsake the promise she made to her mother. Saltanat’s  morality ,her compassion for the vulnerable ,her honour for elders and family are the very strengths  that . Kainat will turn into Saltanat's weakness and thrive on them to attain her successes!

The  Eid party ends with Kainat getting  Zaroon’s respect as Eidi!  His respect, by each passing day, which she will work on, to change into love. As for Saltanat ,Kainat makes sure she gets Zaroon’s hatred as Edi!and more loathing from him to come to her in time.12.6.19 Hamlet53

Precap:Kainats hares her victory with her fathers picture with a wicked laugh!like a child who laughs after doing a terribly wicked thing! Her cackle is interrupted by a phone call.. not him! Ashiq ?   Ayub? are they calling her for their  Eid??   someone knows something about her that no other Shah knows!

Interesting episode shows the complexities of the mind, group dynamics and relationships. Helly Shah was amazing in both roles.. her wicked laugh in the precap made me jump out of my chair..

Delighted to see that Neelam was put back in her place by Zainab as her  Eidi! The costumes were stunning!

Lovely to see you back Arshian14, thanks for supporting my work, Sandiya, Lonelythots, Irshitalove hammie                          

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

Hello hammie, 

I didn’t feel bad For Zaroon even once. Zaroon was being extremely pushy in trying to get a public confession from sultanat as to who was hindering their relationship. Especially from a stubbornly principled girl like sultanat. He really needs to stop acting desperate and maybe respect her privacy, wishes and space? He has heard the confession right from sultanat’s mouth twice and also neelam keeps reiterating to him as well. Patience might not be a virtue he seems to have but he really needs to acquire when dealing with sultanat and getting her to confess her love for him.

I think sultanat-zainab conversation is overdue.. Sultanat should talk and free herself from the promise especially when kainaat is doing elaborate actions to show that she has indeed moved on. And also wishes to unite saltanat-zaroon. 

I quite liked the detailing in the passing the pillow scene where dj dadi purposely got Rubina out of the game first. And the looks they passed each other.. 

Am looking forward to the trouble that is going to brew in kainaat’s life and plan.. she seems so smug and confident.. nah.. something should shake her up as well and keep her on her toes.. or else drama will get boring.. 

I absolutely despise Zaroon. He sees nothing except Saltanat. He is so oblivious to the world around him and doesn't realize how uncomfortable he makes Saltanat feel when he openly forces her to confess her feelings. 

I don't know why Zainab doesn't release S from the kasam. Even though its a lie, K has made it perfectly clear that she is over Zaroon so what is Zainab waiting for? At this point, the only reason S is not revealing the promise is because she doesn't want Zainab to be in trouble. 

The interesting scene in this episode was K indirectly giving eidi to Zaroon. K's hands were still lingering near the eidi when S was handing it to Z. Again, a KaRoon indication...

I really don't know where this story is heading. All signs lead to KaRoon and SaRoon. It seems even makers don't know what to do. There are definitely a lot more SaRoon fans than KaRoon fans. Makers knew everyone would hate K the second they turned her negative and obsessive. They have a clear cut path to get everyone to ship SaRoon but they insist on adding the K angle and keeping KaRoon options open. I wonder what's in store for Kainat.... 

Originally posted by Lonelythots

Hello hammie, helooo there Lonely thots 

I didn’t feel bad For Zaroon even once. Zaroon was being extremely pushy in trying to get a public confession from sultanat as to who was hindering their relationship. Especially from a stubbornly principled girl like sultanat. He really needs to stop acting desperate and maybe respect her privacy, wishes and space? He has heard the confession right from sultanat’s mouth twice and also neelam keeps reiterating to him as well. Patience might not be a virtue he seems to have but he really needs to acquire when dealing with sultanat and getting her to confess her love for him.

yes he has plenty of confirmations  that Saltanat has feelings for him, he just wants her to reverse her original no of rejection into a yes of acceptance  before  the whole family.. perseverance  is lacking in both father and son  

I think sultanat-zainab conversation is overdue.. Sultanat should talk and free herself from the promise especially when kainaat is doing elaborate actions to show that she has indeed moved on. And also wishes to unite saltanat-zaroon. 

the stage has now come that Kainat herself will use her mother and Saltanat's distance  to her advantage  Kianats line of uniting zaroon and  saltanat is all a whitewash                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Am looking forward to the trouble that is going to brew in kainaat’s life and plan.. she seems so smug and confident.. nah.. something should shake her up as well and keep her on her toes.. or else drama will get boring.

well Kainat may need to be bridled .. at least she is one character who keeps us engaged  with her sweet innocent  deceptive smiles...    lonelythots thanks for sharing your ideas..  love hammie

Originally posted by  Arshian14

helooo  Arshian ,great to see you 

I absolutely despise Zaroon. He sees nothing except Saltanat. He is so oblivious to the world around him and doesn't realize how uncomfortable he makes Saltanat feel when he openly forces her to confess her feelings. 

he is one selfish lover, only wants her to say she accepts hi  before all.. I guess his ego was greatly bruised when she rejected him publicly.. he  was sure she'd say yes..

I don't know why Zainab doesn't release S from the kasam. Even though its a lie, K has made it perfectly clear that she is over Zaroon so what is Zainab waiting for? At this point, the only reason S is not revealing the promise is because she doesn't want Zainab to be in trouble.  

yes  the loyal side of S is being shown .. and K knows this, but K is going to use every loophole ,every secret going  in her house to her advantage, this way she'll get all confused.. wondering and she'll unobtrusively make her moves,,

The interesting scene in this episode was K indirectly giving eidi to Zaroon. K's hands were still lingering near the eidi when S was handing it to Z. Again, a KaRoon indication...

yes....  right under every one's nose and fooling them  blatantly, even  zaroon with a silly grin on his face.. but Saltanat I would say was aware ..

I really don't know where this story is heading. All signs lead to KaRoon and SaRoon. It seems even makers don't know what to do. There are definitely a lot more SaRoon fans than KaRoon fans. Makers knew everyone would hate K the second they turned her negative and obsessive. They have a clear cut path to get everyone to ship SaRoon but they insist on adding the K angle and keeping KaRoon options open. I wonder what's in store for Kainat.... 

the way I see it , is that Kainat is the character who will never be far from SaRoon… she  was the one to create games between them.. she still remains the bone of contention between them, Zaroon at one point used Saltanat's leaning towards K  to   get closer to S..  For Zaroon too K was a big obstacle  in reaching S... as we speak K  still dreams of marrying Z.. and who knows Z might consent  , in order to fulfil his fathers dream.... as for Sufiyana love.. Iam still not quite sure ,if there is any...

but will keep watching the show, as the three main leads ,continue to engage me.. Arshian, thanks for sharing your views... love hammie

The show is moving at snail's pace and I found the last couple of episodes dark and depressing. BTW I mean dark in the literal sense - the lighting was low and ambiance gloomy. I can also see why bubbly heroines rule the ITV landscape. It is no fun to see a sad-desperate-disspirited-smilefree face day-in, day-out.  Both Kainaat and Sultanat are supporting the same woeful look and are onscreen 80% of the time.

I hated the scene when they showed Kainaat and Sultanat were both holding the handkerchief when it was given to Zaroon because it symbolized my worst fear - both sisters will marry the guy alternatively (or in the worst case end up as sister-wives smiley11smiley12).

Zainab showed for the first time from where Kainaat has inherited her selfishness and meanness. Kainaat is just a more concentrated form of human poison than Zainab.  If Sultanat is actually Zainab daughter - the biggest debate here should be nature vs nurture. Why did Sultanat became a much better person than her twin Kainaat?  

No comments on the rest as there was nothing new. I skipped the game.

Edited by Irshita - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Irshita..

ohhhh there you are Irshita, me was wondering where you went? khair good to see you today.. I was late in posting Wednesday's thoughts...

The show is moving at snail's pace and I found the last couple of episodes dark and depressing. BTW I mean dark in the literal sense - the lighting was low and ambiance gloomy. I can also see why bubbly heroines rule the ITV landscape. It is no fun to see a sad-desperate-disspirited-smilefree face day-in, day-out.  Both Kainaat and Sultanat are supporting the same woeful look and are onscreen 80% of the time.

I agree with Kainat surrounded by  sepia surroundings... probably an effort to portray  ,that despite its splendour and piety  , there is some putrid secret buried in the cornerstone..  by bubbly  I suppose you mean normal ,ordinary  representations of life.. I agree that as far as some love is concerned,its back to square one.. or as Mamoon said in yesterday 's episode  Zaroon has ended up four step back wards.

I hated the scene when they showed Kainaat and Sultanat were both holding the handkerchief when it was given to Zaroon because it symbolized my worst fear - both sisters will marry the guy alternatively (or in the worst case end up as sister-wives smiley11smiley12).

ohhhhhhh heaven's, I did not  think that.. that is devious of the CV's if this is line they might pursue.. hope not Irshita..

Zainab showed for the first time from where Kainaat has inherited her selfishness and meanness. Kainaat is just a more concentrated form of human poison than Zainab.  If Sultanat is actually Zainab daughter - the biggest debate here should be nature vs nurture. Why did Sultanat became a much better person than her twin Kainaat?  

actually you may be right..  how come Mainjaan never picked up on this  ? waise Ishita  if the assumption that Zainab  gave her other twin born girl child to issueless Nadeem... then Zainab would not be seen as a meanie, but a mother with a big heart..

No comments on the rest as there was nothing new. I skipped the game.

I found the game also very  fixed and contrived by the great Zaroon to serve his selfish motives.. all look up to this god's gift to women.. chaal. good to see you, missed your take.... love hammie