John Abraham & Emraan Hashmi To Star In Sanjay Gupta’s next movie

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Renowned filmmaker Sanjay Gupta is all set to return back to his favourite genre of film-making – gangster drama from July onwards. His last film in the gangster space was Shootout At Wadala (2013) with John Abraham and Kangana Ranaut leading the cast.

Famous for his ensemble cast and unique style of film-making, Sanjay Gupta is set to look for another casting. For his upcoming film too he is reuniting with John Abraham and has roped in Emraan Hashmi for a remarkable addition to his cast. In the 15 years working in the film industry, this is the first time John Abraham and Emraan are coming up together in front of the camera. It is a film set in the 1980s and 1990s. The story, in a fictionalized manner and is based around the major events that turned Bombay to Mumbai. These will include the closing of mills, the murder of a key businessman, the nexus between politicians, cops, the underworld and the business fraternity.

After featuring Box office hits with cult classics like Kaante, Shootout at Lokhandwala & Zinda , Sanjay Gupta’s last release was Kaabil which had Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam in the lead.

Sanjay Gupta new film traces the evolution of Mumbai from Bombay and the key events that transformed the story of India’s fabled metropolis. Events like shutting down of mills and arrival of high rises, the gang wars and murders like the Khatua Murder which became a turning point in the story of Mumbai are said to be focal points of this gangster drama shooting of which will begin in July.

About his new film, which he states that its close to his heart, Sanjay remarks “It’s my 3rd outing with John and I’m super excited to work with Emraan, I have always wanted to work with him and I am back to my base of film making, gangster dramas and all I can say is…Its Good to be Home.” The untitled epic Gangster Saga is produced by Sanjay Gupta’s White Feather Films and Bhushan Kumar’s T-Series .

Photo courtesy: www.koimoi.com