Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Koel100 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Amy142

Right now,  they aren't even sticking to the original character and nature of the people.  Forget their relationships.  It's like watching 2 new characters with personality transplants. 

Forget the nature of the people for a moment.  Think of the core intention of the characters.  It's totally 180 degree turn.

🤫 Because it's two hawt actor's they wished for doing mindless trip & catches which until few days back was illogical & irrational. You aren't supposed to say the obvious because you are nothing but jealous of seeing the hawtest Jodi on screen & spreading -vity. Can't you see Zain the actor is getting his due by appearing solid 10-15 mins onscreen so what it is for mouthing awful dialogues & eyelocks with a character previously he shared a sisterly bond with.

Amy142 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Koel100

🤫 Because it's two hawt actor's they wished for doing mindless trip & catches which until few days back was illogical & irrational. You aren't supposed to say the obvious because you are nothing but jealous of seeing the hawtest Jodi on screen & spreading -vity. Can't you see Zain the actor is getting his due by appearing solid 10-15 mins onscreen so what it is for mouthing awful dialogues & eyelocks with a character previously he shared a sisterly bond with.

I am enjoying the juvenile exchange between the hawt pair as you call them ðŸ¤£

But feel bad for Zain.  Will kabir exchange pooja 's lunch with pebbles tomorrow? Heights of stupidity. 

ChalkNCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Amy142

I am enjoying the juvenile exchange between the hawt pair as you call them ðŸ¤£

But feel bad for Zain.  Will kabir exchange pooja 's lunch with pebbles tomorrow? Heights of stupidity. 

Don't feel bad for Zain because as long as he is getting money he won't be bothered about creative satisfaction😆Not only Zain, ask any of the actors what happened in the show one week back and I bet 90 percent of them will not remember😆Actors just mug up the dialogues, act as per the direction and then forget.They don't even watch their own shows. Only the viewers are fighting over the story and track, those involved with the show are only bothered about the money they are getting from sp😆

Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: NeverOldEnough

Don't feel bad for Zain because as long as he is getting money he won't be bothered about creative satisfaction😆Not only Zain, ask any of the actors what happened in the show one week back and I bet 90 percent of them will not remember😆Actors just mug up the dialogues, act as per the direction and then forget.They don't even watch their own shows. Only the viewers are fighting over the story and track, those involved with the show are only bothered about the money they are getting from sp😆

lol..maybe Zain but not all actors..the lead actress of Starplus show ‘dil to happy’ ..quit the show because she was not Happy with the storyline and that she had to have a close bond with a child...so Happy was not happy...lol..and she left 😂

trinitodebone thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

You may have a point there. Though considering the limited options and poor quality of indian tv shows generally and considering how hard it is to get into Bollywood and even then there is no guarantee of a well written script I wonder how much of a choice they have if they want to continue to work in their chosen profession and of course make a good living 

Zain and I am sure other indian tv actors and actresses often say they look for strong well written scripts and characters , content driven roles . Zain even goes on to say he prefers negative to positive roles ( like in TEI and IB) as there is more scope for an actor . Drama , action roles and biopics more than romantic roles and finite series as opposed to a daily soap . Like many he also says he will like to do movies in his case following a career graph similar to Salman Khan . However his work so far has been generally the opposite of this so I wonder how much of this is lip service and how much is simply lack of opportunity. 

You are right so many itv actors / actresses have admitted they don’t look at their own shows or itv generally opting for reality shows and western shows and Bollywood and Hollywood movies . I remember in TEI the leads joking about some of the scenes they had to enact saying they had to try to make it convincing as possible even  if  what was written was not all that convincing . So actors themselves know the quality of the show is poor. 

The interesting question is why the audience of these shows many of whom are female and sometimes younger than the actors ( teenagers and twenties) , educated and living in modern India ( I am making an assumption about how modern it is as I am from the west) look as these shows as opposed to sticking to western tv and movies like the actors/ actresses themselves . 

I also recently found out that there are big fan bases for itv shows in East Asia such as Vietnam and Indonesia and in the India diaspora world wide such as in South Africa and the Caribbean also so not only those in India watch these shows. I knew there was an international audience . I just did not realize how far flung it was . Cross cultural pollination in a sense though I don’t  think a soap opera is the best vehicle to portray the “culture “ of another country . Likewise I have heard Korean,  Thai and Turkish soap operas are quite popular among many young itv soap opera watchers in India 

Edited by trinitodebone - 4 years ago
Amy142 thumbnail

Although you are right,  the image of Zain as Neil makes me feel bad for him as a performer. 

Amy142 thumbnail

Originally posted by: trinitodebone

You may have a point there. Though considering the limited options and poor quality of indian tv shows generally and considering how hard it is to get into Bollywood and even then there is no guarantee of a well written script I wonder how much of a choice they have if they want to continue to work in their chosen profession and of course make a good living 

Zain and I am sure other indian tv actors and actresses often say they look for strong well written scripts and characters , content driven roles . Zain even goes on to say he prefers negative to positive roles ( like in TEI and IB) as there is more scope for an actor . Drama , action roles and biopics more than romantic roles and finite series as opposed to a daily soap . Like many he also says he will like to do movies in his case following a career graph similar to Salman Khan . However his work so far has been generally the opposite of this so I wonder how much of this is lip service and how much is simply lack of opportunity. 

You are right so many itv actors / actresses have admitted they don’t look at their own shows or itv generally opting for reality shows and western shows and Bollywood and Hollywood movies . I remember in TEI the leads joking about some of the scenes they had to enact saying they had to try to make it convincing as possible even  if  what was written was not all that convincing . So actors themselves know the quality of the show is poor. 

The interesting question is why the audience of these shows many of whom are female and sometimes younger than the actors ( teenagers and twenties) , educated and living in modern India ( I am making an assumption about how modern it is as I am from the west) look as these shows as opposed to sticking to western tv and movies like the actors/ actresses themselves . 

I also recently found out that there are big fan bases for itv shows in East Asia such as Vietnam and Indonesia and in the India diaspora world wide such as in South Africa and the Caribbean also so not only those in India watch these shows. I knew there was an international audience . I just did not realize how far flung it was . Cross cultural pollination in a sense though I don’t  think a soap opera is the best vehicle to portray the “culture “ of another country . Likewise I have heard Korean,  Thai and Turkish soap operas are quite popular among many young itv soap opera watchers in India 

Bold: have seen some super cringeworthy misogynistic thai and Korean dramas. They remind me of some similarities with Indian dramas. No wonder Indian viewers like it. 

Amy142 thumbnail

Originally posted by: trinitodebone

Bold: have seen some super cringeworthy misogynistic thai and Korean dramas. They remind me of some similarities with Indian dramas. No wonder Indian viewers like it.