Posted: 4 years ago

I m loving the layered character of jhanvi. I like it when she falls weak at times, I like it when she loses sometimes, I like it when her innocence takes over her revenge at times. According to me, that's the beauty of this character.

We r so used to watching always righteous or always bubbly or always dumb or always bitchy or always dramatic female characters that this layered character comes as a special one. Jhanvi is not carved out of a specific mould. She is a mixture of everything. Her reaction depends on the situation. She is not mahaan who should be always right or who always wins or who should be worshipped.

She has plans to destroy the whole Mittal clan, but today when she had to actually kill Manohar, she couldn't, because she is not a stone hearted cold blooded murderer yet. A word against her father generally enrages her, but today when she is made to hear the truth of his brutal death once again, by the murderer's mouth himself, she is traumatized, her pain of losing her dad took over her anger towards Manohar. She is generally proactive in her actions, but today when she had to save herself n her sister from Manohar, the flashback of her father's death weakened her, so much so that she couldn't take any action but drowned herself in a guilt that she couldn't bring the wrongdoers of her dad to justice. Such failures make jhanvi a humane character. Be it a hero or villain, if one character constantly behaves smart n always wins, it becomes monotonous n boring n artificial. A fear that Ur fav character may also fail keeps u on the edge n makes u happier when it wins finally.

Let's appreciate the weakness as much as we love the strength.

So girls...don't let one weak moment of jhanvi disappoint u...she will rise higher n shine brighter๐Ÿค—

The show already has very less viewers n a very poor forum activity, so don't u all existing ones skip the episodes please. Come on, we haven't even completed 50 episodes yet...itne jaldi haar maan li? Keep Ur expectations low n let them surprise u!

Great post ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ. Appreciate your efforts for boosting spirit of the forum.

So true.....

And thank you for this lovely post

I really love reading your posts. It's unbiased and sometimes help me see things from a different point of view. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I agree with most of your points. But when Manohar openly accepted his part in the crime, there I expected her to blast him. Like in Naamkaran - Avni wanted justice and she never really wanted to kill Dayawanti. Plus Neela tried so hard to keep her away from negativity. Still when she saw the video clip of Ashish dying, her rage became overwhelming and she ran to end Dayawanti herself.

I am not saying every story has to follow the same route. But I found Avni's reaction more realistic after the revelation than Janvi's.

Anyway, let's see how the story progress. Can't help but feeling the writers are trying to tone her down for TRP and it's looking artificial. ๐Ÿ˜’

Jhanvi is the best written character of this show, and Shrenu is playing her character really well.

Originally posted by IFLove

I m loving the layered character of jhanvi. I like it when she falls weak at times, I like it when she loses sometimes, I like it when her innocence takes over her revenge at times. According to me, that's the beauty of this character.

We r so used to watching always righteous or always bubbly or always dumb or always bitchy or always dramatic female characters that this layered character comes as a special one. Jhanvi is not carved out of a specific mould. She is a mixture of everything. Her reaction depends on the situation. She is not mahaan who should be always right or who always wins or who should be worshipped.

She has plans to destroy the whole Mittal clan, but today when she had to actually kill Manohar, she couldn't, because she is not a stone hearted cold blooded murderer yet. A word against her father generally enrages her, but today when she is made to hear the truth of his brutal death once again, by the murderer's mouth himself, she is traumatized, her pain of losing her dad took over her anger towards Manohar. She is generally proactive in her actions, but today when she had to save herself n her sister from Manohar, the flashback of her father's death weakened her, so much so that she couldn't take any action but drowned herself in a guilt that she couldn't bring the wrongdoers of her dad to justice. Such failures make jhanvi a humane character. Be it a hero or villain, if one character constantly behaves smart n always wins, it becomes monotonous n boring n artificial. A fear that Ur fav character may also fail keeps u on the edge n makes u happier when it wins finally.

Let's appreciate the weakness as much as we love the strength.

So girls...don't let one weak moment of jhanvi disappoint u...she will rise higher n shine brighter๐Ÿค—

The show already has very less viewers n a very poor forum activity, so don't u all existing ones skip the episodes please. Come on, we haven't even completed 50 episodes yet...itne jaldi haar maan li? Keep Ur expectations low n let them surprise u!

๐Ÿค—

Originally posted by nushy1995

I really love reading your posts. It's unbiased and sometimes help me see things from a different point of view. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I agree with most of your points. But when Manohar openly accepted his part in the crime, there I expected her to blast him. Like in Naamkaran - Avni wanted justice and she never really wanted to kill Dayawanti. Plus Neela tried so hard to keep her away from negativity. Still when she saw the video clip of Ashish dying, her rage became overwhelming and she ran to end Dayawanti herself.

I am not saying every story has to follow the same route. But I found Avni's reaction more realistic after the revelation than Janvi's.

Anyway, let's see how the story progress. Can't help but feeling the writers are trying to tone her down for TRP and it's looking artificial. ๐Ÿ˜’

Thank u nushy๐Ÿ˜Š

I think the difference between Avni n jhanvi is Avni was under an impression that Ashish is alive in some corner of the world, so it was hell of a shock for her to know that along with her mom, her dad too is not alive anymore, not just that...he was murdered by the same dayawanti again, who had murdered her mom too, n adding to that she learnt that her dad loved her n he had argued with dayawanti and was going to choose his superstar over his mother before he died, so all her love for her dad that was suppressed beneath her hatred, her extreme hatred for dayawanti and additional shock of Ashish's death made her go mad n she ran to kill dayawanti like a wounded tigress. Also, she too had her moment of weakness first, she saw that video clip n was shattered n cried out loud calling him papa after ages, I guess she also said I m sorry papa, only after that emotional outburst, her anger took over. However in jhanvi's case, jhanvi already knew that PK n his "kutte" (in PK's language) together have killed her dad. So that wasn't really a big shock for her. It was just a reiteration of the fact from the horse's mouth itself. So more than stirring out her anger, it stirred out her emotions for her dad n his death. Had it been some new revelation, she too would have lost it. N maybe she would have lost it today as well, after gathering her initial emotional mess, but she didn't get as much time due to the shoot out.

I will suggest, more than looking at her like a grey character, watch her as a positive lead with a revenge for the wrongdoing on her mind. You will like not be disappointed. They can't make her shoot someone in such an early episode, that too someone like Manohar. Her enraged outburst is saved for a bigger player. I guess what they r trying to show is, jhanvi has taken up a huge task, PK Jaise kameene se takkar lena jhanvi k bass ki baat nahi hai, he is too thick skinned n cold blooded for jhanvi. To finally rage a war against PK, she also has to get to his level of kameenapanti, very shrewd n emotionaless. So all these hurdles on her way till PK will only make her stronger to match his level. Today her hands were shaking to even hold the gun, after today's experience she has learnt what kind of people these PK n Manohar r, who don't think twice before killing someone n she'll learn she shouldn't underestimate them n make her game stronger. She isn't a hardcore vamp, her journey from a helpless teenager to a calculative adult to a vengeful yet emotional bahu to a stone-hearted daughter who will bring justice to the murderer of her dad is what the show is about. There's no more mystery about her backstory now. So only thing they r left with to show is how jhanvi takes her revenge, so all the episodes can't be about she outsmarting her enemies everytime, the series will be about how she grows in her way of revenge. So, even if it's true to an extent, let's not have a prejudice that they r bending down to trp. Trust me, this show at least has some story, good or bad...I don't find a single show based on some strong story right now on ITV after Bepannaah abruptly ended. Whatever other shows I m watching currently are only for the chemistry of lead couples๐Ÿ˜‚

So let's cherish whatever we have.

Edited by IFLove - 4 years ago

Originally posted by IFLove

Thank u nushy๐Ÿ˜Š

I think the difference between Avni n jhanvi is Avni was under an impression that Ashish is alive in some corner of the world, so it was hell of a shock for her to know that along with her mom, her dad too is not alive anymore, not just that...he was murdered by the same dayawanti again, who had murdered her mom too, n adding to that she learnt that her dad loved her n he had argued with dayawanti and was going to choose his superstar over his mother before he died, so all her love for her dad that was suppressed beneath her hatred, her extreme hatred for dayawanti and additional shock of Ashish's death made her go mad n she ran to kill dayawanti like a wounded tigress. Also, she too had her moment of weakness first, she saw that video clip n was shattered n cried out loud calling him papa after ages, I guess she also said I m sorry papa, only after that emotional outburst, her anger took over. However in jhanvi's case, jhanvi already knew that PK n his "kutte" (in PK's language) together have killed her dad. So that wasn't really a big shock for her. It was just a reiteration of the fact from the horse's mouth itself. So more than stirring out her anger, it stirred out her emotions for her dad n his death. Had it been some new revelation, she too would have lost it. N maybe she would have lost it today as well, after gathering her initial emotional mess, but she didn't get as much time due to the shoot out.

I will suggest, more than looking at her like a grey character, watch her as a positive lead with a revenge for the wrongdoing on her mind. You will like not be disappointed. They can't make her shoot someone in such an early episode, that too someone like Manohar. Her enraged outburst is saved for a bigger player. I guess what they r trying to show is, jhanvi has taken up a huge task, PK Jaise kameene se takkar lena jhanvi k bass ki baat nahi hai, he is too thick skinned n cold blooded for jhanvi. To finally rage a war against PK, she also has to get to his level of kameenapanti, very shrewd n emotionaless. So all these hurdles on her way till PK will only make her stronger to match his level. Today her hands were shaking to even hold the gun, after today's experience she has learnt what kind of people these PK n Manohar r, who don't think twice before killing someone n she'll learn she shouldn't underestimate them n make her game stronger. She isn't a hardcore vamp, her journey from a helpless teenager to a calculative adult to a vengeful yet emotional bahu to a stone-hearted daughter who will bring justice to the murderer of her dad is what the show is about. There's no more mystery about her backstory now. So only thing they r left with to show is how jhanvi takes her revenge, so all the episodes can't be about she outsmarting her enemies everytime, the series will be about how she grows in her way of justice. So, even if it's true to an extent, let's not have a prejudice that they bending down to trp. Trust me, this show at least has some story, good or bad...I don't find a single show based on some strong story right now on ITV after Bepannaah abruptly ended. Whatever other shows I m watching currently are only for the chemistry of lead couples๐Ÿ˜‚

So let's cherish whatever we have.

Well, that's another way to look at it & I guess you are right. ๐Ÿ™‚

As far as her character is concerned, apart from the first week and the promos, I actually consider her as a flawed positive character. Her character is defined precisely. It has its layers but most certainly is not grey or negative.

I want to believe in writer's capability but I have had my share of disappointment regarding story changing within a blink of an eye; so these days I am not very patient like I used to be. ๐Ÿ˜…

So, let's see how they take it from here. Even today's episode can be proved as a turning point. They have shown Kavya's reaction when she was in the kitchen and was reminiscing about Janhvi's blood in her hand. How Janhvi reacts after waking up that's another story. She literally saw PK shooting in cold blood and fainted. So she will again get a reminder against whom she is standing and how she should take her steps.

Edited by nushy1995 - 4 years ago

Well, that's another way to look at it & I guess you are right. ๐Ÿ™‚

As far as her character is concerned, apart from the first episode and the promos, I actually consider her as a flawed positive character. Her character is defined precisely. It has its layers but most certainly is not grey or negative.

I want to believe in writer's capability but I have had my share of disappointment regarding story changing within a blink of an eye; so these days I am not very patient like I used to be. ๐Ÿ˜…

So, let's see how they take it from here. Even today's episode can be proved as a turning point. They have shown Kavya's reaction when she was in the kitchen and was reminiscing about Janhvi's blood in her hand. How Janhvi reacts after waking up that's another story. She literally saw PK shooting in cold blood and fainted. So she will again get a reminder against whom she is standing and how she should take her steps.

I agree. I m quite new to Hindi TV shows, so my first experience with spoiling the story was naamkarann. It hurt real bad the way they handled it post leap. Then I was a fool to think that naamkarann might be an exceptional show. So I let the same thing disappoint me in the last month of Bepannaah. But now I have learnt it hard way, that no matter how much we rant or do whatever, trp pressure, channel's interference and differences between cvs, ph and channel are the things that r beyond our control n story is definitely going to be spoiled for either of these. So I don't let myself lose the patience over it or get disappointed anymore.  Either enjoy it the way it comes or leave it if it spoils Ur mood, that's my pov now. Though i extremely miss avneil n jenshad n the  actors on my screen, Im proud of makers of both these shows that they decided to leave with their heads held high rather than bending to stupid demands from the channel n compromising the story for months.

I hope this show doesn't face the same fate.

Every character is individualistic. No two people see the reality in a same way or react in only one way. Pooja has her own personality. Why to compare with others?