Kareena talks about Takht, Angrezi Medium, DID

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

'I am a huge fan of Irrfan Khan': Kareena Kapoor Khan on 'Angrezi Medium' co-starChaya Unnikrishnan | Updated: Jun 7, 2019, 06:00 AM IST

Kareena Kapoor Khan

Says Kareena Kapoor Khan who will share screen space with the actor in her next

Kareena Kapoor Khan has a busy year ahead. Having completed Good News’ schedule, the diva will soon start filming for Angrezi Medium with Irrfan in London. She also makes her TV debut with the reality show Dance India Dance as a judge. Later this December, the actress will begin shooting for Takht, which will reunite her with Karan Johar after 18 years. Their last collaboration as actress and director was Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001). Here, she talks about her film choices and the impact of motherhood on her life.

You will soon start shooting for Angrezi Medium, but had you seen Hindi Medium before you signed the sequel?

No, I watched it after I signed the sequel. But I have seen Paan Singh Tomar (2010) and other films of Irrfan earlier and I’m his  huge fan. I’m excited to work with him. I have shared screen space with the other Khans — Shah Rukh, Salman, Aamir and Saif — and I needed to tick the box with Irrfan. It would add something else. Even if it’s a small role, it’s a different world to collaborate with him. 

Irrfan Khan

Has motherhood changed your life and film choices?

It has in a way. I have more time constraints. After the birth of my son, Taimur, I have made it a point to work only for eight hours. My lifestyle has changed in those aspects because that’s my time to be with my son. As for my choices, I have always done films that are suitable to me. Whether the role is big or small has never mattered. The script should be great, the movie should be content-driven and it should speak for itself in a way that suits my personality. 

In a way you have been following in the footsteps of your sister Karisma Kapoor who did films, TV and is now doing a web series..

(Cuts in) Yes, she is the quintessential diva. But she did not work as much as I have. I resumed acting in films six-and-a-half months after giving birth to Taimur. That’s probably never happened with any Indian actress before. I was clear I wanted to be a working mother. I shot for Veere Di Wedding, which was quite a bold film. Not many thought that a mainstream actress would do such a movie after motherhood. But times are changing, cinema is changing. I thought it was a cool project. I have always done different things. 

Karisma Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor Khan

Are you open to doing a web series or a fiction show on TV?

Never say never. Today, the lines are blurring and boundaries are being crossed. One never thought Sacred Gameswould be so big. Saif went with the script and did it. If a show like Delhi Crime or Sacred Games comes my way, then it’s most welcome. Even Meryl Streep is doing a TV show, Big Little Lies.

You are working with Karan Johar in Takht after a long time.

I am excited to work with him after Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham. We will start shooting for Takht in December. 

What was Saif’s reaction to your decision to make your TV debut with Dance India Dance?

Everyone in my family has been supportive. Saif is nervous about how I will manage, but then he says, ‘You are a star, you’ll do it’ (smiles).

Aha aha begum ji kya se kya hogaya 

AM mv her role just cameo 

2 r 3 scenes 😆

DID paisa ke liye tv karna padega

Wo ek mv  beg karetho jo b bacha ( gd mvs oly fr potato ) wo begum ji ko mili 😆

Begum ji n her MG ko 

Chota john ka PR articles pe depend karna padega ab