Sufiyana Pyaar Mera

Emotional support

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM~ MyMusings~ 5.6.19 ~  Emotional support

Seems to me quite a few people within Shah Manzil need emotional support. But to begin with,the indisposed Sultanat is the main person in need of emotional support. How can she can come to terms with her present illness. Medically such support is granted to patients when recuperating fromillness, at their own pace to becoming well and fit again.Alongside medicinal prescriptive intake, doses of encouragement too, is given to the patient wherebythe patients morale is boosted to overcome, trauma and pain. In hospital usuallythe nursing staff ,here and there in their duty of care also administer such patient support. Out of hospital the patients friends, family and work colleagues may provide such support. In this process, patients preference is taken into account.

In the episode we largely witness that two people close to her age group, preferred by Saltanat , take on the role of giving her emotional support. Two people Zaroon and Neelam who have a close bonding with Saltanat are the ones chosen to quicken her healing process. Talking about her emotions, as she recuperates is an important part of her healing process. Both are two people Saltanat finds iteasy to verbalize her emotions with. Also  both Zaroon and Neelam are two people wholisten to her fairly regularly. There are scenes in the episode, like Zaroon cooking broth for her which encourages her to take sustenance  to recover. She feels cared for. The moment where she says thanks and sorry to Zaroon is a moment that further strengthens their nameless bond. It quickens her healing process to see that she has beside her two dependable peers , whom she can trust, and that they both  stood  beside her in her time of duress. In short having them around her  ushers in positive energy  for her infirmity. In short Zaroon and Neelam are two people in the house that Sultanat can relate to.

In the episode there is a divide between the mindsets of the younger and older generations. In Saltanat’s case  Dadi has shown ,much  negative criticism, a judgemental attitude which clearly shows her rejection of Saltanat and Zaroon alliance. In fact the slurs hurled at Zaroon’s character too is part of the same negative mindset Dadi  has within her.

Rubina and Jaan Mohammed  too need emotional support. Both feel their self -respect has been mocked.Thier self esteem  has been challenged! As such, tolerating each other under the same roof is quite out of question. So both parties pack their bags ready to leave! i Zaroon narrates the spilt brewing up at home, to Saltanat and no time is wasted to abort  the family divide!

The episode shows, the younger generation is seen to be quick to resolve problems. Effective networking between Zaroon, Neelam and Sultanat  prevent the family  from splitting. Zaroon ‘s move to bring Saltanat home, so she can find a middle ground in the feud between a son in law and a daughterin law is well thought out. Where the two outsiders in the family Rubina and Jaan Mohammed  pack to leave ,awaiting upon Mainjaan’s decision as to which one out of the two he will be thrown out of  Shah Manzil? It’s Saltanat the new age woman who puts an end to the issue of  clashing ego’s between her mother and Dadi. Saltanat rather virtuously  preaches, that  the elders are the ones who should grant pardon to the mistakes made by the young.Similarly the young too should not demand apologies from their elders, instead they need to be rest assured that their elders too will not exacerbate them. Saltanat actually serves an ultimatum that any more repeats of such family dividing incidents, its  she  who will leave the house never to be seen or found by them!

Zaroon too ensures that  even though he  rather not expect or demand  an apology from Dadi. Yet  ensure he will, that he gets the approval to visit Saltanat’s room to give her the victim support she needs!  I would say he plays his cards rather neatly. Refuses to accompany Saltanat to her room, rather, delegates Neelam to do the task , so that the elders who questioned his visitation to Saltanat’s room in the dead of night are made to eat their wild accusations! Instead, Nadeem as Sultanat’sfather! gives Zaroon the permission to go to Saltanat‘s room. But then its Neelam,who comes bearing  Sultanat ‘s message for Zaroon, that she insists on seeing him! No elder present, has a leg to stand on! The scene is well played, I would say by Zaroon and Neelam who keeps Sultanat well informed!

The creatives painstakingly through characters like Dadi and  Jaan  Mohmmad are trying to say that some old school thoughts are too orthodox and archaic. Too set in their ways in this day and age. The younger generation like Zaroon, Neelam ,Saltanat are portrayed as the voices of reason. Characters who look at the pros and cons of issues and where ever possible seek middle ground where two opposing parties agree to  find a mid- way path for a peaceful co-existence. In short the Shah elders create conflict ,whilst their children look out for peace.

The final scene between Mainjaan and Zaroon at the dargah in prayer is poignant in its essence. Mainjaan  although representative of the old school of thought , is seen as a responsible and effective head of the family. Like how he shares with Zaroon ,that in his role as head, he reflects,on both the good and bad  strands within his family. He studies and weighs both the strengths and weakness and only then does he arrive at a conclusion. In particular with Zaroon, Mainjaan  is the one who is seen to  provide compassionate and realistic counselling  to the young man’s problem,  where his unbridled emotions  yet  pure intentions are grossly misunderstood by the likes of Dadi.

Mainjaan’s rationale is he wants his family together,his granddaughter Saltanat  fully recovered.In  Zaroon he sees a good man with good intentions. A young man  that he can fully trusts! So he grants ,Zaroon full permission  to visit Saltanat on his own! any time of the day to offer emotional support to her. Maijaan also assures Zaroon, he can be rest assured, he will not be challenged by any other family member either, in going to Saltanat‘s room.They embrace, while Mamoon watches from far and gives thanks to god for this bonding between Zaroon and the most influential Shah alive..

One  question that crops in my mind. Is Zaroon trustworthy? Mainjaan seems to believe  so..overall  the episode paints a golden picture of both Zaroon and Saltanat . Both as a team,  they seem pros at running a joint family where there are many who need emotional support in more than many ways than one!  6.6.19 hamlet53.

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sun2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Hi Hamlet nice to read your wonderful analysis after Bepannaah forum.

Lonelythots thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Hello hammie, 

Nice to see Helly back - sultanat and kainaat back.. 

Am glad zaroon pointed out to the elders that the priority should’ve been on sultanat’s health but unfortunately all of them were busy in their ego squabbles. 

Sultanat-zaroon scene- hopefully sultanat would confess to zaroon and free herself from her promise to tai-ammi.. Since the saroon story seems stuck at this place. 

Dadi’s expression when neelam told zaroon that sultanat wants to see him in her room and zaroon’s reaction to that.. was quite nice. 

Mamoon’s a happy man with the progress that zaroon has made in miajaan’s heart. 

Ah, finally zaroon mentioned eid.. hopefully the crescent is sighted soon enough on the show and the story progresses. 

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

I speed watched the last couple of episodes and felt that there were mostly fillers. the story did not move even an inch. the CVs worked hard to establish Zaroon as a nice guy and show how Miajaan relies on him. But this was repetitive - Mia Jaan already relies on him a lot as evidenced by his previous actions like asking him to find what Kainaat feels about Humza.

Another scene that undercut Zaroon's golden boy image was where Mamoon observes Mia Jaan and Zaroon's closeness and offers his thanks. It left a bad taste as it reminds you that Zaroon's purpose is to get the inheritance. I didn't believe his proclamation to Neelam that he does not care about the inheritance because I don't think he has the guts to say that to his father. 

I am glad that Kainaat is back and Eid is coming on the show. Please get Kainaat and Zaroon married ASAP. Not a fan of the pairing because Kainaat is too creepy but something is needed to shake up the show. The characters are still interesting but the story needs some oomph!!! 

Edited by Irshita - 4 years ago
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by sun2011

hellooooo sun' 😃 I remember you my friend... its so lovely to have you back on another of my writing threads..

Hi Hamlet nice to read your wonderful analysis after Bepannaah forum.

yes I recall some great times we had  on Bepannah forum.. I am sure you know colors Rishtey is doing its repeat currently.. me watching this show.. do join us sun. would love to hear from you... much love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by Lonelythots

Hello hammie,  helooooo mate,  good to see you

Nice to see Helly back - sultanat and kainaat back.. 

yes watched the episode in the early hours of Thursday am..  phew like you its good to see Helly back.. Kainat got a fleeting look.. same troubled persona

Am glad zaroon pointed out to the elders that the priority should’ve been on sultanat’s health but unfortunately all of them were busy in their ego squabbles. 

yes the older ones have some history that keeps surfacing up when ever things too hot to handle

Sultanat-zaroon scene- hopefully sultanat would confess to zaroon and free herself from her promise to tai-ammi.. Since the saroon story seems stuck at this place. 

ohhhh thanks for reminding me of  Sultanat's oath that stands in between the Sufiyana love of Saroon..

Dadi’s expression when neelam told zaroon that sultanat wants to see him in her room and zaroon’s reaction to that.. was quite nice. 

I think she got the picture..that her intention  to kick up a fuss was successful.. even though she might be seen to lost..

Mamoon’s a happy man with the progress that zaroon has made in miajaan’s heart. 

yes the look on his face.. not quite sure it was genuine or not? but if it means Zaroon once again being in Mainjaan's good books.. then yes his boy seems to have done it on his own..without having the father put in a good word for him..

Ah, finally zaroon mentioned eid.. hopefully the crescent is sighted soon enough on the show and the story progresses. 

yes Eid.. clearly is going to bring good tidings  for  Mamoon and Nadeem's family in particular.. lets wait and watch the outcomes... thanks for giving me an interesting read,  enjoyed it..love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by  Irshita

hellooo irshita , good to see you back on the  forum

I speed watched the last couple of episodes and felt that there were mostly fillers. the story did not move even an inch. the CVs worked hard to establish Zaroon as a nice guy and show how Miajaan relies on him. But this was repetitive - Mia Jaan already relies on him a lot as evidenced by his previous actions like asking him to find what Kainaat feels about Humza.

with Zaroon I felt the big win was getting Mainjaan's support and backing for the very issue  that raised many eyebrows about him... I  shook my head when Zaroon got away with his own Mall trauma, led him to sneak into Sultanat's room.. is he kidding or what.. recall his feverish love lyrics..

Another scene that undercut Zaroon's golden boy image was where Mamoon observes Mia Jaan and Zaroon's closeness and offers his thanks. It left a bad taste as it reminds you that Zaroon's purpose is to get the inheritance. I didn't believe his proclamation to Neelam that he does not care about the inheritance because I don't think he has the guts to say that to his father. 

ohhh glad that you too were thinking on my lines..Irshita, Zaroon's shown indifference to inheritance  echoes what Jaan Mohammed  told his mother in yesterday's episode! only Jann Mohammed's statement had some truth to it. But Zaroon's  disinterest  is a lie as his father Mamoon primed him  well before the lot landed in  India!

I am glad that Kainaat is back and Eid is coming on the show. Please get Kainaat and Zaroon married ASAP. Not a fan of the pairing because Kainaat is too creepy but something is needed to shake up the show. The characters are still interesting but the story needs some oomph!!! 

I too second your suggestion ..get the marriage done and dusted. with.  now that in Helly's absence, Zaroon too has managed to get his importance hiked up  as the blue eyed boy who makes things better! Kainat returns as a shadow in the dark.. Irshita she too is expected to get married  during Eid.. I wonder what will become of it?   we'll just have to wait with bated breath... thanks for your thought provoking comment... love hammie