Are Ishaan & Janhvi being considered for Bunty Aur Babli sequel?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Exclusive: Are Ishaan Khatter and Janhvi Kapoor being considered for ‘Bunty Aur Babli Again’?By Rahul Raut  on  June 05, 2019

•    

Remember we told you that the Bunty Aur Babli sequel is happening? That YRF is preparing to bring back the much-loved Abhishek Bachchan-Rani Mukerji crime comedy with its humorous plot and catch soundtrack? And that Gully Boy hottie Siddhant Chaturvedi was being roped in for a major role in the sequel? Now there is a further and exclusive update to the story.

Don’t know how far it is true, but the inside news is that Abhishek and Rani will not be the lead stars of Bunty Aur Babli Again. The belief is that the original film is 14 years old. And in the interim, both actors have grown in age and appearance. So it would be wise to have them in special cameos and not the principal roles because the sequel moves up by a decade and a half to present time.

So far so good. But who plays Bunty and Babli, then? Here is what sources have exclusively told PeepingMoon.com. Abhishek and Rani remain Bunty and Babli. But the story revolves around a young couple who are fans of these lovable crooks and take the same route as Bunty and Babli to fulfill their dream of becoming rich and famous quickly.

Recommended Read: Exclusive: Siddhant Chaturvedi locked for ‘Bunty Aur Babli’ sequel

And it is being whispered in the corridors of YRF that the young couple the filmmaker has in mind for these roles are Ishaan Khattar and Janhvi Kapoor. The sources are not certain whether the actors have been approached yet or whether they have been and talks are on. It’s apparently all hush-hush at the moment and the excitement is building. 

If Bunty Aur Babli Again works out with Ishaan and Janhvi, it will be a reunion for the Dhadak lovers in roles any young actors will love to bag. PeepingMoon.com has also heard that the sequel may not be directed by Shaad Ali as he is busy with other project. As per sources, Varun V Sharma who has co-written Salman Khan’s Bharat has come on board to helm it. 

Varun was a script supervisor for Salman’s sports drama Sultan and Ranveer Singh’s Kill Dil and he was a chief AD on Tiger Zinda Hai. He has only directed two short films called Adjust (2011) and Gabby (2012). Bunty Aur Babli Again will mark his feature directorial debut. The pre-production of the sequel has reportedly already begun and the film is expected to go on floors in the next few months. 

(Source: Peeping Moon)

I would be more interested if it were Ishaan and Ananya in the sequel. They would make a good pair I think. 

Wow spot on casting. Sid can play Amitabh role. 

No not ishaan. Star kid hi lena hai toh take junaid opposite sara and sid as amitabh. Fresh young cast

So far Avisekh's best movie ever.. one of my fav .

i just hope so , they will do justice with this

I feel like Ranveer would be the perfect Bunty - his ability to do all those different getups and all. I honestly cant think of anyone else.

For Babli I personally would like to see Sara Ali Khan. 

Is this the best casting they can get for this movie 🤔

https://twitter.com/Rahulrautwrites/status/1136275572693250048?s=20

So the rumour is untrue. Ishaan fits the bill of Bunty but Jahnvi I don't know... someone more bubbly like Sara or Taapsee fit the part of Babli.

Edited by Melissaa - 4 years ago

Kriti and Vicky Kaushal would be a great combo. I think Kriti can take it up a notch after Bareilly ki Barfi and Vicky would be great in Abhisheks role. 

Edited by BollyGlitz - 4 years ago