Tanushree Dutta SLAMS Hrithik R over Vikas Bahl's Row

Posted: 4 years ago

Super 30: Tanushree Dutta SLAMS Hrithik Roshan Over Vikas Bahl’s Row – “I Thought You Were Different, Take A Stand”

Now, Tanushree Dutta who brought the wave of #MeToo to India, is slamming the makers and asking Hrithik to take a stand against it all.

By

Koimoi.com Team -

June 3, 2019

After the biggest ever halt, Hrithik Roshan and team are finally coming up with the much-anticipated trailer of Super 30. The movie has been much in controversy, especially ever since the director Vikas Bahl was accused of sexual harassment by an anonymous victim. A clean chit has now been given to him by the Reliance Entertainment’s internal committee who earlier had removed him from the credit list. Now, Tanushree Dutta who brought the wave of #MeToo to India, is slamming the makers and asking Hrithik to take a stand against it all.

As per the report by Bollywood Hungama, Tanushree has slammed the committee as she says, “This is Ghor kalyug! What is this Reliance committee? Who are the members of this committee? So Reliance committees are giving clean chits while law and order and police investigation is still pending??? Of course all these committees will give clean chits. They are made up of such people. Clean chit is valid only when police or judiciary of India gives it. Rest is corruption.”

Super 30: Tanushree Dutta SLAMS Hrithik Roshan Over Vikas Bahl's Row - "I Thought You Were Different, Take A Stand" Super 30: Tanushree Dutta SLAMS Hrithik Roshan Over Vikas Bahl’s Row – “I Thought You Were Different, Take A Stand”

Moreover, the actress has urged Hrithik to take a stand against it all. “India needs to buckle up and our Bollywood stars more much more responsible as millions look up to them as their idol. Reinstating someone accused of such heinous acts is not acceptable. Come on. Hrithik. I thought you were different!! Take a stand,” she said.

However, on the other hand, Anand Kumar, on whom the biopic is based is happy that Vikas is back. “It is only right that Vikas Bahl be given his due credit for his work in Super 30. Every single frame of the film is directed by Vikas. He is the whole and sole architect of the work. As far as the charges goes, the internal committee has cleared him. I know him to be very talented director and a thorough gentleman,” he said.

Super 30 is set for a July 12, 2019 release and the trailer of the movie will be released on 4th June.

Edited by NeverGiveAF - 4 years ago

is what she said true?

Reliance committee gave him a clean chit ???. 

what is this committee and who are in it?.

Anand Kumar himself is embroiled in a fraud case, isn't it

Weird .. she didn’t speak up when Alok nath was seen dancing in De De Pyaar Or whatevr that ajay movie was. Everyone made excuses for ajay that the movie was already made when the allegations happened. Similarly, wouldn’t this be the case here as well or am I missing sth? They had already started making this movie with Vikas right?  

More

People who are blaming & shaming makers of Super30 aren’t well-versed with law. Once a designated ICC gives verdict, it’s binding on people to follow it unless court reverses it. So VikasBahl wil have to be given credit of director because he has been cleared. It’s not a choice.

She needs to chill the fack out. 🤪

Originally posted by GrumpyTheCat

Weird .. she didn’t speak up when Alok nath was seen dancing in De De Pyaar Or whatevr that ajay movie was. Everyone made excuses for ajay that the movie was already made when the allegations happened. Similarly, wouldn’t this be the case here as well or am I missing sth? They had already started making this movie with Vikas right?  

she did slam Ajay D and the producers for it . I remember seeing her tweet on it and even an article on it 

NEW DELHI: 

HIGHLIGHTS

1. Alok Nath has a role in Ajay Devgn's next film
  2.  "Tinsel town is full of liars," Tanushree Dutta said in a statement
  3. Ajay claimed Alok Nath's portions in the film were shot much earlier

Tanushree Dutta, who set India's #MeToo movement in motion last year, incinerated actor Ajay Devgn in her statement to IANS as she pointed out how the 50-year-old actor deviated from his oath of sorts by working with Alok Nath in De De Pyaar De. "Tinsel town is full of liars, show-offs and spineless hypocrites. And it seems by a large public consensus that the sign post is pointing currently at Ajay Devgn," said a part of Ms Dutta's statement, who invoked Ajay Devgn's tweet from last year, saying: "If anyone has wronged even a single woman, neither ADF nor I will stand for it."

"During the #MeToo movement in India, the actor had tweeted and sworn never to work with those accused and now in a surprising and convenient turn of events is working with rape and harassment accused Alok Nath and supporting him to make a comeback to Bollywood," Tanushree Dutta said in her statement, reported IANS.

Against Ajay Devgn's former argument that the portions with Alok Nath were shot much before he was named as an alleged sexual predator, Tanushree Dutta said: "Nobody even knew before the posters and trailers that Alok Nath is in the film, so if Ajay and the makers wanted they could have just quietly replaced him and re-shot his portions (which is barely 10-15 days for character actors in Bollywood), and given Vinta Nanda the respect she deserves as well as several other women who were troubled by this guy, but no."

In October 2018, Vinta Nanda - the writer of Nineties' TV show Tara - implicated Alok Nath as she shared her harrowing account of rape. It all began after Tanushree Dutta revived a decade-old allegation of harassment against Nana Patekar, accusing him of sexual misconduct on the sets of a 2008 film. As more and more names cropped up as alleged sexual harassers, several celebrities reacted on Twitter, including Ajay Devgn, who wrote in his tweet: "I'm disturbed by all the happenings with regards to #MeToo. My company and I believe in providing women with utmost respect and safety. If anyone has wronged even a single woman, neither ADF nor I will stand for it."

Ajay Devgn✔@ajaydevgn

I’m disturbed by all the happenings with regards to #MeToo. My company and I believe in providing women with utmost respect and safety. If anyone has wronged even a single woman, neither ADF nor I will stand for it.

5:30 AM - Oct 12, 2018

3,476 people are talking about this

ADVERTISING

inRead invented by Teads

Ajay Devgn's tweet had arrived soon after Luv Ranjan denied the allegations made against him after he was named as an alleged sexual harasser by an actress.

Months later, Ajay Devgn was called out on social media after netizens spotted Alok Nath in the trailer of De De Pyaar De. Speaking at the trailer launch of the movie in Mumbai, Ajay Devgn said: "This is not the right place to talk about it. And jinki aap baat kar rahe hai woh film uske pehle complete hui (the film was completed before the allegations surfaced against the concerned person)," reported PTI.

Directed by Akiv Ali, De De Pyaar De also stars Tabu, Rakul Preet and Jimmy Sheirgill and is slated to open in cinemas on May 17.

7 COMMENTS

Did she slam Hirani? Did any mainstream actor/journo/reviewer ask ranbir to stand up against hirani?

Hrithik signed and started the movie without knowing aboit these "allegations"

What is he or the producers supposed to do when there is NO OFFICIAL COMPLAINT 

Or is it cause hirani is way too high up and vikas is a low hanging fruit?

When the most powerful man in India, modi and richest man in India, ambani are seen hanging out with him AFTER the allegations surfaced , no one calls them out...

Originally posted by Justwatching

Did she slam Hirani? Did any mainstream actor/journo/reviewer ask ranbir to stand up against hirani?

Hrithik signed and started the movie without knowing aboit these "allegations"

What is he or the producers supposed to do when there is NO OFFICIAL COMPLAINT 

Or is it cause hirani is way too high up and vikas is a low hanging fruit?

When the most powerful man in India, modi and richest man in India, ambani are seen hanging out with him AFTER the allegations surfaced , no one calls them out...

This is still a stupid movie....I was shocked to see Hirani flashing his batteesi in the Prime Minister ‘s swearing in ceremony...😞🥺 Wonder what the likes of Ranauts and Duttas were doing then....

So this has been is still trying to revive a "career" in India?  and the interested media and paid trolls give her a medium to blab....they need to start a club of angry rejected women, so that they can have step meetings and help each other cope with their scorn.

Originally posted by cricketfan1

This is still a stupid movie....I was shocked to see Hirani flashing his batteesi in the Prime Minister ‘s swearing in ceremony...😞🥺 Wonder what the likes of Ranauts and Duttas were doing then....

Ranaut was flashing her own bateesi in the same frame as him. 

It was the perfect opportunity to call him out. But these drama queens have #gutssss only on twitter and against small fish