Meera Deosthale to play the heroine in Mahesh Pandey's 'Vidya'

Posted: 4 years ago

Actress Meera Deosthale, who catapulted to fame as the grown-up Chakor in the long-running show 'Udann', has bagged a new project just three months after quitting her last show. She has been cast as the protagonist in Mahesh Pandey's next, titled 'Vidya'. This is Meera's second social drama after she was seen fighting the social evil of bonded labour on 'Udann'. As the title suggests, the new show will revolve around the importance of education.

A source associated with the project informs us, "The story revolves around the education system and the importance of it. We approached Meera some time ago, but it was after a lot of back and forth that things fell in place. Meera is a fantastic artiste and fits the bill perfectly to play the character of Vidya. The show is set in a village in Uttar Pradesh."

We tried contacting Meera and producer Mahesh, but they didn't respond to our text messages.

The show is expected to go on floors on June 10 and will hit the tube in the first week of August.

TFS Amrutha

Congratulations to Meera and all the best.

Any info on which channel it'll air?

Good news, hope it is not stereotype like Chakor 

But all the best for her. 

Great news. Thanks for posting here amru

The concept is promising  

Wishing Meera all the best. .

Hope we get more news in the upcoming days 

Thanks for sharing Ammu :)

All the very best to her. Best wishes and prayers for her new project.

So Happy that will see her soon back onscreen.

But on  the other side, on a frank note, wanted her to explore a different genre. the little same setup , social drama, UP, colors and specially  MahesPandey made me little wonder.

But I always trust the sensibility she has in her decision making, I am holding on to that and hope I get to see something new.

I am sure  if she has accepted , then something should be there to  be enthralled . 

lets see...Awaiting to read, knew more and see:)

Edited by LuvSSever - 4 years ago

Originally posted by LuvSSever

Thanks for sharing Ammu :)

All the very best to her. Best wishes and prayers for her new project.

So Happy that will see her soon back onscreen.

But on  the other side, on a frank note, wanted her to explore a different genre. the little same setup , social drama, UP, colors and specially  MahesPandey made me little wonder.

But I always trust the sensibility she has in her decision making, I am holding on to that and hope I get to see something new.

I am sure  if she has accepted , then something should be there to  be enthralled . 

lets see...Awaiting to read, knew more and see:)

@Bold... I had the same exact thoughts. Is she getting typecast? But it's her career. Her decision. Hope it turns out well for her. 

I don't think much about her being typecasted as of yet. Bec I feel it's a big thing in itself if one gets to play strong roles back to back. Hope meera is given a different look, something modern will be appealing and different. 

Having said that i would have been even happier if it was not for colorstv  but anyhow I am convinced of her sensibility that she will sign something meaningful. Udaan was social show yet had many layers to it be it love story , sister rivalry and even the sports angle..hope the show gets a decent time slot and the content is strong.