Silsila was supposed to end today

Posted: 4 years ago

According to Kunal’s IV a few months back, Silsila 2 was only supposed to last for 62 episodes, with the supposed end date being today. Yet, Silsila 2 is still ongoing which indicates an extension. How long, no one knows 😂. But the important point is that the extension indicates several things.

Firstly, it indicates that Mishaan is accepted by the majority contrary to what some people think or wish. The core concept of the serial revolves around Mishaan and the fact is the serial did well enough on Voot to get an extension, has been topping the charts on UK weekly and its views are amongst the highest of Colors TV serial episodes on YouTube. There may have been some flaws in execution and there were different opinions on what constitutes emotional cheating, but still the majority accepted Mishaan.    Silsila 2 has done away with many stereotypical things- vilifying the fiancé (Veer) to justify the lead couple as done in many serials. It wasn’t that Veer was a bad person, just that Mishti-Veer weren’t compatible. Adversity brings out the worst in people and both of them weren’t able to cope with each other’s worst sides.

Another fact to highlight is that the problem isn’t with breaking up, but being dishonest to your partner. The problem with s1 (sorry to bring it up but had to) was that Kunan cheated on Mauli and were still dishonest to her after that. S2 has differed in this aspect. Mishti has been honest to tell Veer the truth that she doesn’t love him and is waiting for his availability to inform about Ruhaan too. Yes, it came at the price of Veer’s heartbreak and in the short-term her decision seems wrong. But in the long-term, is it wrong? Is it fair to live with a person you don’t love, especially while being in love with someone else? This is a difficult question to grasp and different people have different perspectives on this dilemma. Moreover, s2 has highlighted the problems of break-ups. Again, a woman’s character is always questioned. It was not surprising to read some comments questioning Mishti’s character when the break-up occurred. She might have been selfish to pick happiness, but characterless really? 

Silsila 2 didn’t come without its own challenges. The biggest challenge being the baggage of s1. People were caught up in s1 so much there were constant comparisons to the characters and scenarios in s1. But is it really the same? The premise might be the same, but the scenarios and characters are different. Perhaps it would be easier to comprehend s2 if not blinded by the perspectives of s1. The other big challenge is the expectation of perfection from characters. From ITV shows, we are all used to white characters and even the typical grey-shaded MLs to the point many have wanted change. The characters in Silsila 2 are crafted with different shades of grey. The main leads are imperfect- selfish enough to pick love. Pari is at times unaware of what goes on around her to the point she may seem delusional at times. Veer isn’t able to handle rejection well. The characters are flawed and behave imperfectly. There comes the frustration that the characters aren’t behaving the way we want and expect them to. And moreover, the disbelief and lack of comprehension that people can relate to these imperfect characters. But the fact is humans are cut out from different shades of grey and it is the imperfection in human psyche that allows us to comprehend grey, imperfect characters.

Another question is if Silsila 2 attempting to teach us to pick new relations over old relations? Sorry, but that is something very hard to accept. To blindly say yes to this question would mean ignoring the complexities involved in human decision-making. There are different factors like circumstances, different perspectives and moral values involved in decision making. That exactly explains the different spectrum of responses to Mishaan. To use 1 case scenario to justify this statement is unacceptable. On the contrary, what Silsila 2 has taught is that different people have different expectations of relationships, especially romantic ones and the thing is to respect different perspectives and to reject the notion that only your opinion is right, unless a sin is committed.

And to the CVs, we understand that you have obtained an extension but our request is to not drag the story unnecessarily and to proceed with different aspects like showing the modern complexities in relationships. Let Mishaan have their journey and develop their relationship further. Let Pari find out the truth and show her separate journey, with or without Arnav. Let Veer find out the entire truth and give him the power to move on with dignity. Just don’t drag the story.

P.S. This post is just to highlight the different aspects and challenges of the Silsila 2 journey.

Edited by NK1865 - 4 years ago

Very  well  put  up  

True  contrary  to  what  many  would  assume  it  has  got  an  extension  which  shows  popularity  no  amount  of  general  audience  has  rejected troop  by  few  works

Mishti  ,Ruhaan  both  are  flawed and  know  that  they  have  accepted  it  and  worked  on  it

S2  has  dealt  with  flaws  of  S1  beautifully  

Good post Nia... 

I never wanted extension because I know they will just drag the original concept instead of giving post marriage track of mishaan like many wanted. I know it will just reduce the quality of the execution but it's happening but yeah cvs are not messing up in high level. So I can continue the upcoming episodes. Most probably 20 episodes left I think. 

Well we discussed many times if this concept was come up with new show instead season 2 of silsila then many people's perspectives would be definetly different still it made its own place going in its own way. It is ACCEPTED by majority and the show success is not hidden from anyone. Extension happening makers getting enough money to go for extension that says everything. The concept is not so different but their execution is what made it unique. Here no one is villain. Everyone is just a flawed characters. And mishaan shown as flawed one but others not in the beginning. But what surprised me was for few it was really difficult to accept flawed characters and their mistakes in a mere show. Anyways I just wondered seeing that but didn't expected them to accept flawed characters that's why my this three months journey of silsila went really peaceful lol. 

I got one thing is that, ra*e is a sin everyone know. But still we can see few people who blames the victim and the situation instead of the one who actually needs to be blame. That's because of their thinking and perspective of seeing the matter. When for a sin people can have different pov then here no sin happened just a mistake so yeah different pov didn't surprised me much when I realized. Everyone seeing the same scene but pov differs according to their thinking, perspective to see that scene and etc etc... 

Anyways till now it went well for me and also have a hope next one month too will go well. Being a teju fan I'm more than happy and satisfied. And being a mishaan fan I'm really happy with mishaan journey and excited for upcoming too. Thanks to cvs for make it really easy to connect with mishaan and thanks to casting team( I forgot that guy name lol) for giving me tejnal as mishaan. 

Not a water still going with flow with hope lol. 

Wow 👏 you put your points really well. Agree with everything you said. Silsila is not trying to justify anything. They wants to tell us the story they have. They wants to shows us human feelings and it's complication. We can't judge people with our morality scene. We don't know their story their situation, where they come from. Human are really complex and there feelings are even more complex. Well said season 2 have the baggage of season 1. Even if character and their reaction and action are different people still compare them with Season 1 character. Mishti, Ruhaan, Veer are not Kunal nandini and mauli. They are mishti ruhaan and veer with their own quality and flaw. It's unfair to compare them with season 1 characters. maybe plot line is same but how they handle the situation is different. Mishti -Ruhaan didn't cheat veer behind their back and tried to hide it from him till he didn't find out. They are not blaming other person or god for their feelings. They are ready to take responsibility of their actions . Mishti broke up with veer before starting relationship with Ruhaan. She and Ruhaan both wants to tell him truth. They are not trying to hide it from him. They are thinking about him before them. They are trying to stay away from each other till they get to know that veer is okay. And Veer is not mauli. He is behaving nothing like that. He is stalking Mishti, cross checking Ruhaan. Emotionally manipulating arnav to know about the truth. If mouli was in the place, she would have rather confront Mishti Ruhaan than doing all this nonsense. More than Veer it's his ego that hurt, MBA and MD of his company get rejected. I am not blaming him. He is behaving like any normal human being. My point is just that Mishaan and Veer are indiviual character with their own identity. They are not Kunal or mauli or nandini.

People who thinks that general viewers reject them, yes they did that's why show get extention and became the most watch show on voot. top colors channel in UK chart. If they wants to beleive that they all are mishaan fans than we happily except it. Majority loves them and becomes the fan of them 😆         

Agreed. Silsila 2 is way better than 1. I think concept of Silsila was always emotions over commitment. That love changes and the person you love also changes. And how these changes effect relationships. Season 1 they failed to show it as it went more into cheating. Here Mishti as soon as she realised that she never did love Veer was honest with him and broke up. I have always maintained that problem in Silsila 1 wasn’t that Kunal fell in love with Nandini . It was that he cheated on his wife on 7 years and was dishonest. If he would have been honest with Mauli and divorced her and then started his love affair audiences would have been more acceptable. So that way Mishaan till now have done well. Also I agree they never turned any one into a villian to justify the changes in love. It wasn’t that Mauli became  a villain or Veer became negative hence the change of heart happened. In fact in season 1 even when backlash was a lot they never turned Mauli into a vamp instead they tried to whitewash Nandini which also fell flat. That is actually something to appreciate. Hope Veer also doesn’t  turn into a villain. So ya in comparison to season 1 it’s much better.

The only thing that is common in silsila 1 and 2 is never have best friends.😆. Especially never  make them stay with the one you love or else it’s end of a relationship. Silsila CV’s hate best friend’s.

Originally posted by Sabhayata

The only thing that is common in silsila 1 and 2 is never have best friends.😆. Especially never  make them stay with the one you love or else it’s end of a relationship. Silsila CV’s hate best friend’s.

Ruhaan is not best friend whom veer helped in life and death situation so

[QUOTE=khatimeethi]

[/QUOTE

There is no emotional bonding between Ruhaan & veer how can they be best friend.Ruhaan is just one of his friend.Even Veer is not giving any financial support . They were not staying in same city also.Just bec Ruhaan is orphan they acknowledge him .

[QUOTE=NamrataRa]it is enough,for make mis and ruhaan less gult and accuse,say this word

how do veer treat ruhaan ,everyone can see!maybe you are right,ruhaan just see veer as a common friend, otherwise he will not snach away his finance,but veer ,how do he treat ruhaan every can see...

he can stand out for him when ruhaan was blamed insulted and misunderstood in public by mis  before,even maybe make his love mis  hate even break up,he never back...other thing,do not need to say

Edited by nancy_soni - 4 years ago

Originally posted by khatimeethi

hmm wasn’t it mentioned in one of the episodes that Ruhaan was an orphan and Veer and his family have done a lot for him. Nonetheless they are best friends as has been admitted in the show. Didn’t Ruhaan say Veer is like a brother to him?